Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,643

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45958 Dec 8, 2013
Now Jonah has joined the tag team of rose no ho and just me. I don't understand what any of you are trying to accomplish in here. When we all wake up tomorrow...will your hatred of those with differing views have made any difference in each of our lives?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45959 Dec 8, 2013
Yur Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
According to all the recent national polls the majority now supports marriage equality for all Americans! And this brings me to a heart felt congratulations to the state of Illinois for doing the right thing and rising above the hatred and bigotry to make it the 16th state to pass marriage equality! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy,no matter how much you'd like it to be one! Oh,by the way,3 states passed marriage equality by popular vote! Take your bible into the church of your choice and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear your bible babble and that is our right under the Constitution! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation!
Now we have almost a basketball team with you...rose no ho...just me...and Jonah. Are you changing anyones lives in here?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45960 Dec 8, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i've seen a lot of these and they are great.
the gays hate them because its science proving our side.
Science has proved your side? Where has science proven the existence of your god?
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
and there is no science that disproves our side.
There is no science that disproves the Flying Spaghetti Monster either. Science doesn't concern itself with myths.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
The best they can come up with is arguing about the age of the planet.
Oh brother. That is one of MANY.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
As if that disproves God.
No one is interested in disproving your god. We have no reason to disprove something that has never been presented as factual. Sorry you can't grasp that.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't care how old the planet is.
Of course you don't. You don't concern yourself with a LOT of things, but then you thrust yourself into conversations about things you don't care about and think your opinions have some sort of meaningful contribution because they come from your Sky Santa Manual.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
A day to God could mean a billion years to us.
A day means one thing. The time it takes for the planet to make one full rotation. If your god is using an alternative time table, he shouldn't have been so unintelligent as to not provide it so that his word wouldn't be in question.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont picture God looking at our calendar and saying yep got to do everything according to man's calendar.
Of course you don't. And you weren't talking about calendars, you were talking about days. They are two different things.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
The real proof is in finding the places mentioned in the bible and that is real. It is happening.
Finding the places mentioned in the bible is no proof of the stories that are told in the bible. Sorry hon.
Yur Funny

Livermore, CA

#45961 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
<quoted text> Now we have almost a basketball team with you...rose no ho...just me...and Jonah. Are you changing anyones lives in here?
Meanwhile equality marches on state after state! You were saying?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45962 Dec 8, 2013
just me wrote:
I find it hilarious that he thinks the saddest thing he can conceive is an atheist on Xmas. Why that would be any different than being an atheist on a Tuesday escapes my grasp.
LOL!!!! Fundies are so ignorant!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45963 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
Now Jonah has joined the tag team of rose no ho and just me. I don't understand what any of you are trying to accomplish in here. When we all wake up tomorrow...will your hatred of those with differing views have made any difference in each of our lives?
I always love it when fundies pull the "I don't understand what any of you are trying to accomplish in here" routine!!!!!

You uppity gays. Don't you know your place? Why are you here in a public forum?!!!! Why do you talk to each other?!!! Why do you point out when we say stupid things?!!!! Why are you here??!!!! This is no place for the gays, learn your place!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45964 Dec 8, 2013
Glad no one in here is able to pinch my Butt...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
still ok with me

Waterloo, IL

#45965 Dec 8, 2013
Try to keep up.
You are obviously a bit slow.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has proved your side? Where has science proven the existence of your god?
<quoted text>
There is no science that disproves the Flying Spaghetti Monster either. Science doesn't concern itself with myths.
<quoted text>
Oh brother. That is one of MANY.
<quoted text>
No one is interested in disproving your god. We have no reason to disprove something that has never been presented as factual. Sorry you can't grasp that.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. You don't concern yourself with a LOT of things, but then you thrust yourself into conversations about things you don't care about and think your opinions have some sort of meaningful contribution because they come from your Sky Santa Manual.
<quoted text>
A day means one thing. The time it takes for the planet to make one full rotation. If your god is using an alternative time table, he shouldn't have been so unintelligent as to not provide it so that his word wouldn't be in question.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. And you weren't talking about calendars, you were talking about days. They are two different things.
<quoted text>
Finding the places mentioned in the bible is no proof of the stories that are told in the bible. Sorry hon.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
still ok with me

Waterloo, IL

#45966 Dec 8, 2013
Your perception is very different from reality.
Very different.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love it when fundies pull the "I don't understand what any of you are trying to accomplish in here" routine!!!!!
You uppity gays. Don't you know your place? Why are you here in a public forum?!!!! Why do you talk to each other?!!! Why do you point out when we say stupid things?!!!! Why are you here??!!!! This is no place for the gays, learn your place!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45967 Dec 8, 2013
Yur Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile equality marches on state after state! You were saying?
I have no problem with you marching for what you believe in. Thats what makes this country great. What also makes it great is that I have the right to disagree.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45968 Dec 8, 2013
In liberal California...the VOTERS said no to same sex marriage...but a liberal judge over ruled the voters. Why even vote if liberal judges are going to disregard what the voters want?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
still ok with me

Waterloo, IL

#45969 Dec 8, 2013
Hey, are you that waitress from New Jersey?
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45970 Dec 8, 2013
Come on "tag team" gimmee some mo!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yur Funny

Livermore, CA

#45971 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
In liberal California...the VOTERS said no to same sex marriage...but a liberal judge over ruled the voters. Why even vote if liberal judges are going to disregard what the voters want?
Ignorance is bliss they say! Yes,to bad that pesky Constitution got in the way right? Not only was Prop 8 found to be Unconstitutional in Judge walkers court it was then upheld by a higher court! Then the Supreme court confirmed the Walker decision that was in fact based on the Constitution! You see you can't vote to take away Constitutionally given rights in this country,try reading the 14th amendment(EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW) and get back to me oh great ignorant one! Care to try again and try not to be so ignorant this time OK? And here is a link that gives the Constitutional reasons why Prop 8 was,is and will always be Unconstitutional!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
Truth Doctor

Carbondale, IL

#45972 Dec 8, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just as dumb as hard core gay activists.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45973 Dec 8, 2013
Yur Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss they say! Yes,to bad that pesky Constitution got in the way right? Not only was Prop 8 found to be Unconstitutional in Judge walkers court it was then upheld by a higher court! Then the Supreme court confirmed the Walker decision that was in fact based on the Constitution! You see you can't vote to take away Constitutionally given rights in this country,try reading the 14th amendment(EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW) and get back to me oh great ignorant one! Care to try again and try not to be so ignorant this time OK? And here is a link that gives the Constitutional reasons why Prop 8 was,is and will always be Unconstitutional!
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
Ignorance? What I said happened exactly. With liberal judges...the constitution can be interpreted to suit their agenda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45974 Dec 8, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
These fundie xtian sites are always good for a laugh. What else do you have?
So now archeology isn't good enough for you. You are just being a goof.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45975 Dec 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they aren't.
So, who of us is right?
We can't both be right.
At least one of us doesn't know what god's rules are.
Why don't we?
Can't god tell us so that we know?
Doesn't god have rules for us?
What!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45976 Dec 8, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still having difficulties with that logic thing. I won't bother trying to explain your logical flaws. It's futile with the willfully ignorant.
Nice cop-out!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45977 Dec 8, 2013
Where are the atheists rose no ho and just me? Jonah's a bore

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pakistani UK Bi/Gay Skype (Feb '14) 9 hr Jay 162
Arlene Rickett Oct 12 DAVE 2
josh smothers Aug '14 just woundering 1
Danette Frey (sp)? (May '11) Aug '14 sky47 3
Skype Jul '14 Hassan_khan1999 1
jill milligan Jul '14 vern 1
Scott Minix Jun '14 caution 1
Shelbyville Dating
Find my Match

Shelbyville Jobs