Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45980 Dec 8, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your bible, your god. You know, the same entity that you think everyone should "get right" with.
Where does he murder or rape. Show me where.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#45981 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
So now archeology isn't good enough for you. You are just being a goof.
I've been to London, even walked on Baker St.
Does that mean Sherlock Holmes is an historic figure?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45982 Dec 8, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? According to your bible (Exodus 34:28), THESE are the only rules entitled "The Ten Commandments". THESE are what were placed in the Ark of the Covenant.....
I. Thou shalt worship no other god.
II. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
III. The feast of unleavened bread thou shalt keep.
IV. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.
V. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the yearís end.
VI. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord God.
VII. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven.
VIII. Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
IX. The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
X. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.
Um, these are stupid rules. As for the false Ten Commandments that Christians love to thrust onto others.....um, let us know when someone is arrested for coveting their neighbors car.
The Ten Commandments. What a joke.
There you go again talking about something you know nothing about. The Ark of the Covenant is where the 10 commandments where kept.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#45983 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
What!!!!!
Sorry, fundie, that was logic.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45984 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
So now archeology isn't good enough for you. You are just being a goof.
No scientist would look at artifacts and say that it proves a god.
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45985 Dec 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be great if con dumbs didn't vote.
And the way our system works is all persons are guaranteed equal protection under the law. Even when that's not popular. That's why we have a constitution, that's why we have judges and why we don't just vote on everything.
Well I agree that gays should use "con dumbs"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#45986 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice cop-out!!!!
....simply not going to waste the keystrokes on the deliberately ignorant. I already know the ending to this story.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#45987 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
You're posting this again? I call Poe on this one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45988 Dec 8, 2013
It's getting boring in here now that the basketball team doesn't wanna play anymore :(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45989 Dec 8, 2013
unut wrote:
<quoted text> only boner you will get when you are in hell will be the devil with his pitchfork in you and than I<sic> your lover. forever
Your Freudian slip is showing.
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45990 Dec 8, 2013
But seriously...I don't have a problem with civil unions. I think if a person wants to give their 401k or retirement or power of atty to a partner...then thats their bidness. They have to live with the consequence of their actions. I dont care what they do in privacy..no matter how gross it is.This topic is about unions...not marriage. I don't see why the marriage part comes up because that's Holy Matrimony. The atheists shouldn't want to have anything to do with that because that involves a church and God. A church shouldn't be forced into performing a marriage that is not between a man and woman. So...have your unions and stay out of trying to think you have a bonifide Holy Matrimony marriage. But most advocates will say they have a right to marry the one they love. Well...why not be able to marry your daughter or son? How about the right to marry more than one person? Where does it stop if a liberal judge decides it's ok like the 5-4 vote in California?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#45991 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
But seriously...I don't have a problem with civil unions. I think if a person wants to give their 401k or retirement or power of atty to a partner...then thats their bidness. They have to live with the consequence of their actions. I dont care what they do in privacy..no matter how gross it is.This topic is about unions...not marriage. I don't see why the marriage part comes up because that's Holy Matrimony. The atheists shouldn't want to have anything to do with that because that involves a church and God. A church shouldn't be forced into performing a marriage that is not between a man and woman.
Keep your Bronze Age superstitions to yourselves. What your church doesn't or does do isn't the issue.
The law is the issue.
Im not gay wrote:
So...have your unions and stay out of trying to think you have a bonifide Holy Matrimony marriage. But most advocates will say they have a right to marry the one they love. Well...why not be able to marry your daughter or son? How about the right to marry more than one person? Where does it stop if a liberal judge decides it's ok like the 5-4 vote in California?
Why pull out the slippery slope fallacy?
Oh, yeah, you don't have an argument.
Yur Funny

Livermore, CA

#45992 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
It's getting boring in here now that the basketball team doesn't wanna play anymore :(
Yeah,I'd leave to if I had my azz handed to me as many times as you have! LoL,I guess you can't help it if you're totally oblivious to the powers of logic and critical thought! Oh,and by the way why should gays settle for a civil union when it has over 1,000 rights and privileges that are afforded in a full legal marriage but not a civil union? Or,when every one is married under civil unions to make it fair to all American citizens! Gays pay taxes and should be entitled to the very same rights that are afforded to you by way of a full legal state marriage under a state or national constitution! You are no better than the next human being and that includes our gay population! Try again as your logic reeks of predigest and the only reason you post this crap is simply because you hate gays and only have opinions,but you know what they say about opinions! You've lost now learn to live with it and get over yourself bigot boy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yur Funny

Livermore, CA

#45995 Dec 9, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
The best part about it is that by coming here and spreading Xtian hatred he turns more people away from his religion. So I love people like him. He does far more to turn people away from Christ than this lowly atheist could even dream of.
You are so very right my friend! I have nothing against Christians or religion but I have yet to meet a true on anywhere on TOPIX! The true Christians do not judge or hate in the name of their god! "Judge not lest ye be judged" or "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Not to mention how they go against everything that Jesus taught and preached! He in fact would be weeping for them,but that's a different story! I'm straight myself but truly believe in their cause and their fight for marriage equality! Let gays be as miserable as other married people! It is their right under our Constitution and it's their right as human beings! I believe that Jesus never said word one against gays or for that matter ever mentioned them! I mean he did hang out with a big group of burly good looking men,did he not? LOL
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45997 Dec 9, 2013
How's was church yesterday Chester?
You need all the praying you can get!
Hope you are not Catholic...your knees would wear out!
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
....simply not going to waste the keystrokes on the deliberately ignorant. I already know the ending to this story.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#45998 Dec 9, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
The best part about it is that by coming here and spreading Xtian hatred he turns more people away from his religion. So I love people like him. He does far more to turn people away from Christ than this lowly atheist could even dream of.
LOL aren't you full of yourself.
you could never turn any Christian away from their faith.

As for other Christians we support each other we don't turn each other away.
We're human and as such we all make mistakes. That is when we need God the most. So why would a Christian turn away another Christian in need ? Just the opposite occurs. We pour out our love and faith to any Christian that needs support. You're too full of yourself to understand what that is like.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
just me

Saint Louis, MO

#45999 Dec 9, 2013
Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. Of course, with your type it never is. Deductive reasoning and basic reading comprehension are anathema to you and yours.

And yes honey, I have talked several people into abandoning their primitive superstitions and moving into the enlightened age.

Not you though. The lord is your shepherd and you perfectly happy being a dumb sheep. Good for you.

In another 150 years, Xtianity in the US will look like is does in Europe. Your entire way of life and it's meaning is fading into obscurity. Bye now.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46000 Dec 9, 2013
Please excuse me oh genius one.
I'm just a lowly scientist but I have been involved in leading edge
research.
The folks I work with are highly critical of ......
well everything.
Funny, we all laugh everyday how the universe is not random like we once thought.
As a matter of fact we are starting to believe there is a god....
And he's a bleeping physicist!
just me wrote:
Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. Of course, with your type it never is. Deductive reasoning and basic reading comprehension are anathema to you and yours.
And yes honey, I have talked several people into abandoning their primitive superstitions and moving into the enlightened age.
Not you though. The lord is your shepherd and you perfectly happy being a dumb sheep. Good for you.
In another 150 years, Xtianity in the US will look like is does in Europe. Your entire way of life and it's meaning is fading into obscurity. Bye now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46001 Dec 9, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
<quoted text> I have no problem with you marching for what you believe in. Thats what makes this country great. What also makes it great is that I have the right to disagree.
Always nice to see people be so proud of their decision to sit on the wrong side of history. Congratulations, you win the Hazel Massery Award of the day. Carry with you proudly.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46002 Dec 9, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
In liberal California...the VOTERS said no to same sex marriage...but a liberal judge over ruled the voters. Why even vote if liberal judges are going to disregard what the voters want?
Because dear, the "people" don't get to vote unconstitutional laws into existence. That's one of the very reasons we have a judicial system. It ensures that mob rule doesn't take place. Did you take civics at all, or did you simply sleep through that class?

I do love when you folks always resort to inserting "liberal" into everything when you haven't gotten your way!!! Here you go dear, here are the 80 findings from that "liberal" judge. Feel free to present which of the findings were biased based on this "liberalism" you've assigned to him. We'll anxiously await your keen and astute response.

http://adellefrank.com/blog/review-summary-wa...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skype (Jul '14) Aug 16 knowsitall 6
News Two Shelbyville Men Arrested for Vehicle Theft (Oct '10) Aug 10 SecretSquirrel 7
Indian/Pakistani young top Guy for Bottom Pakis... (Apr '14) Aug 1 Hot4men1 19
gay tug glasgow with the chance of more glasgow Jul '15 deee12320 1
josh smothers (Aug '14) Jul '15 Susie W 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Ivoted 38
Mayor Mike Antonacci PICKS ON ELDERLY Jul '15 jana 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelbyville Mortgages