Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,861 - 36,880 of 48,888 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Neighbor

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

big guy, I hear you on basic human rights. I don't think most folks would disagree with you. Not me anyway. But society is certainly comprised of people of various faiths, each needing to be respected as "their" human right. Am I wrong?

So here's where I get stuck on this subject: As a Christian, the words of God are presented in the bible. The bible says SS is wrong, forbids it. So can we take away from the beliefs/rights of Christians to support the belief/rights of SS supporters? That does not seem right, correct? This is where I get stuck.

People have the privilege of doing what they want, but people do not have the right to ignore/disrespect others Christian beliefs. So they look for weasel ways around it. I get a head ach talking about this.
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Neighbor wrote:
big guy, I hear you on basic human rights. I don't think most folks would disagree with you. Not me anyway. But society is certainly comprised of people of various faiths, each needing to be respected as "their" human right. Am I wrong?
So here's where I get stuck on this subject: As a Christian, the words of God are presented in the bible. The bible says SS is wrong, forbids it. So can we take away from the beliefs/rights of Christians to support the belief/rights of SS supporters? That does not seem right, correct? This is where I get stuck.
People have the privilege of doing what they want, but people do not have the right to ignore/disrespect others Christian beliefs. So they look for weasel ways around it. I get a head ach talking about this.
And do tell,what the hell does the bible have to do with secular marriage equality in America? Absolutely nothing,not to mention the bible does no such thing when it comes to homosexuality! Care to try again? This nation for the 100th time is a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now 14 states and counting,how many more in the coming year?

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed nothing. You ignore it and demand that the 98% of married couples that could procreate capitulate to ss couples who can NEVER mutually procreate.
You disqualify every distinction between ss couples and marriage except the number of people, you ignore the medical violation of design, you desecrate and trample on religious and cultural traditions, you censor the distinction that evolutionary science clearly distinguishes, and then turn around demand all the rights and privileges based on those very distinctions.
I simply point of the idiocy of that foolish attempt by the refusal of reality to adjust to your deception and denial.
Smile.
Please explain exactly what a capitulation by opposite-sex amounts to, Greg. What is it you believe same-sex couples are demanding that will be so costly to opposite-sex married couples? I ignore the "medical violation of design"? That's hilarious, Greg! Tell me, do heterosexual couples ever engage in activities that are contrary to "design"? Should such activities be illegal? Should sexual behavior be limited only to procreative purposes by law? How does sanctioning same-sex marriage in any way desecrate or trample on religious or cultural traditions? Should your religious point of view be taken into consideration when laws are created or revised? What is evolutionary science to someone who takes the Genesis account literally? Whatl any of us Americans should demand, indeed what it is our duty to demand as Americans, is that each American is subject to the same rights and privileges we are guaranteed by the Constitution. What's clear is that you believe some people ought to be subject to different laws based on an arbitrary distinction. Are you gaining any ground on that front, Greg? Keep smiling. It only serves to better illustrate your Bible-based delusions.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed nothing. You ignore it and demand that the 98% of married couples that could procreate capitulate to ss couples who can NEVER mutually procreate.
You disqualify every distinction between ss couples and marriage except the number of people, you ignore the medical violation of design, you desecrate and trample on religious and cultural traditions, you censor the distinction that evolutionary science clearly distinguishes, and then turn around demand all the rights and privileges based on those very distinctions.
I simply point of the idiocy of that foolish attempt by the refusal of reality to adjust to your deception and denial.
Smile.
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain exactly what a capitulation by opposite-sex amounts to, Greg. What is it you believe same-sex couples are demanding that will be so costly to opposite-sex married couples?
I have listed the differences many times. It is a lie to pretend the two relationships are the same. You are demanding I accept your lie. No.
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>I ignore the "medical violation of design"? That's hilarious, Greg! Tell me, do heterosexual couples ever engage in activities that are contrary to "design"? Should such activities be illegal?
Why in the world would it matter who engages in harmful, unhealthy and demeaning acts? Are you really suggesting that because one group does something wrong, it makes it okay for everyone? Abuse is wrong, why are you attempting to excuse it?
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Should sexual behavior be limited only to procreative purposes by law?
Where did I assert any such thing?
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>How does sanctioning same-sex marriage in any way desecrate or trample on religious or cultural traditions? Should your religious point of view be taken into consideration when laws are created or revised?

Civilized people are always considerate of others. However, in this instance, it is the special place of a relationship that crosses every single culture and major religion in human history.

[QUOTE who="MirthMenace"] <quoted text>What is evolutionary science to someone who takes the Genesis account literally?
You don't know how I take Genesis. What does it matter to someone who is denying evolutionary science?
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Whatl any of us Americans should demand, indeed what it is our duty to demand as Americans, is that each American is subject to the same rights and privileges we are guaranteed by the Constitution. What's clear is that you believe some people ought to be subject to different laws based on an arbitrary distinction. Are you gaining any ground on that front, Greg? Keep smiling. It only serves to better illustrate your Bible-based delusions.
I agree.

We do however have special rights for minorities. Marriage is one of those.

Ss couples don't qualify based on factual distinctions. And the reason I bother you is that reality is the ground I stand on. Your gay twirling does nothing to move it.

What really gets your goat, is that science and the Bible go hand in hand on this.

Smile.
Dick Face Durbin

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Okay, enough is enough you Homo's need to get a life take a deep breath and then realize, no one cares you are gay.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason I bother you is that reality is the ground I stand on. Your gay twirling does nothing to move it.
It's comical how you perceive your opinions to be reality. This from the disgraced pastor with three forged sanity certificates and a schizophrenic personality...
jennifer LIZA

Bangladesh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

PLZ CALL ME.I LIKE LESBIAN AND GAY SEX.I AM A REAL GIRL.I LIKE MATURE LESBIAN SEX.PLZ PLZ CONTACT ME 01620239365,01787107600
jennifer LIZA

Bangladesh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

I M A BANGLADESHI GIRL.I LIKE A LESBIAN AND GAY SEX.I M A GIRL PLZ CONTACT ME 01620239365,01787107600

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comical how you perceive your opinions to be reality. This from the disgraced pastor with three forged sanity certificates and a schizophrenic personality...
LOL,

And that explains all the attention I garnish on here...

Especially from a poster who names himself after my non-functioning vagina and calls two penis' and no vagina a marriage!
Safe house

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Especially from a poster who names himself after my non-functioning vagina and calls two penis' and no vagina a marriage!
Truth be Told.
Moses

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
And do tell,what the hell does the bible have to do with secular marriage equality in America? Absolutely nothing,not to mention the bible does no such thing when it comes to homosexuality! Care to try again? This nation for the 100th time is a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now 14 states and counting,how many more in the coming year?
the bible does not support ss marriage. Theocracy is our nation.
big guy

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Moses wrote:
<quoted text>the bible does not support ss marriage. Theocracy is our nation.
A man made fictional book, made to control people doesn't support what the government says. Oh no.
This And That

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

big guy wrote:
<quoted text>
A man made fictional book, made to control people doesn't support what the government says. Oh no.
Not to mention the Constitution and the 14th amendment! They keep losing battle after battle because they look and sound like fools and they've already lost the war and don't have the logic or critical thought to see what's in front of their face! Illinois will most likely have marriage equality within a year or so and that's a fact! 14 and counting,yes,gotta love that Constitution and the 14th amendment! Can you say bye,bye DOMA?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the Constitution and the 14th amendment! They keep losing battle after battle because they look and sound like fools and they've already lost the war and don't have the logic or critical thought to see what's in front of their face! Illinois will most likely have marriage equality within a year or so and that's a fact! 14 and counting,yes,gotta love that Constitution and the 14th amendment! Can you say bye,bye DOMA?!
And still, SS couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to start with, lets start with the start;
Genesis 1:1 is the first assertion of the Big Bang.
It includes human life being formed out of the earth, and first life being genderless.
And regarding the start of Jesus, the Virgin Birth is the first instance of an invitro procedure, something science did not achieve until 1943.
And at the start, there was the prediction that the Hebrews would be the only culture to maintain their identity in history WITH distinction in the end. This in spite of endless attempts to eradicate them. YOU should be aware of that! By the way, do you know the impact the Law has had on that identity?
Maybe you should check out conservative Christians to further your education. Just a thought.
Smile.
hahahahahah
ahahhahahahaha
ahhahahahahaha

Yeah..... ask a retard about education. You're a laugh riot, and your post is full of shit.

The first life being genderless? in your Buybull? You are nuts. Adam was male. The word adam means man in Hebrew, you stupid ass. And the virgin birth... yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.... tell us another one. Not everyone is a gullible idiot like you.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And still, SS couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
SS marriage is an oxymoron.
...and still, SS couples get LEGALLY married everyday. Choke on it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Moses wrote:
<quoted text>the bible does not support ss marriage. Theocracy is our nation.
Are you nuts?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not ad hominem attacks because the substance of our posts affirm them as fact.
You really are an idiot because of your hate and bitterness. I simply point it out. Over and over.
They are still ad hominem, even if you think they are facts, you stupid old fool.

You really are an idiot because of your lack of education. Hell, you can't even tell the difference between fact and wishful thinking.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your adamant denial is not an argument.
Matthew 19 is very simple. The disciples asked about options to marriage between a man and a woman. Jesus listed only three, all of them celibate. If there were others, he would have addressed them.
Your relationship is not only not included, it is clearly condemned.
<quoted text>
The only opinion is yours. I gave a reasoned response that fits the context of the passage perfectly.
You brought the subject up so either it is relevant or you are irrelevant.
I'm not the one hiding and God blesses my marriage. He clearly condemns your relationship.
<quoted text>
Hemorrhoids bothering you again?
I was answering a poster about what the Bible says. I have the freedom to say what I want.
Moreover, MOST people do care what God thinks and consider His opinion relevant.
But I have to wonder, what are you afraid of?
Smirk.
Afraid?

ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahhahaha

Your opinion is completely worthless in the real world, KiMerde. You're just too stupid to know it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
You still think that marriage requires one penis and one vagina.

Times have changed; US law recognizes SSM. You don't. We don't care, because you're irrelevant. Impotent. Powerless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shelbyville Discussions

Search the Shelbyville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 14 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Pakistani UK Bi/Gay Skype Jul 22 15 bengali eastlondon 71
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
jill milligan Jul 11 vern 1
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Jul 6 george 6,590
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Jul 3 Chicagobunny 143
•••
•••
•••
•••

Shelbyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shelbyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••