Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
33,201 - 33,220 of 49,259 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Nope.
If my "belief" is wrong then I won't be in existence( no harm no foul ).
But if I'm right.......

So please answer the question.
What if your "belief" are wrong?
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
When you die and find out you're just dead, will you be sorry for wasting your life believing in superstitious nonsense?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
Nope.
If my "belief" is wrong then I won't be in existence( no harm no foul ).
But if I'm right.......
So please answer the question.
What if your "belief" are wrong?
<quoted text>
yes, like most people of "faith", you are just hedging your bet. deep in the back of your little mind you must see the proven mythical nature of your religious cult.

i know it is tough to let go of something you are so indoctrinated to, but use reason and become a thinking self-aware being!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

wrong again.
My career is in an advance scientific field.
I don't belong to ANY religion.
Naturally, you can not prove the NON-existence of GOD.
You just merely have different "beliefs".
NEXT....
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, like most people of "faith", you are just hedging your bet. deep in the back of your little mind you must see the proven mythical nature of your religious cult.
i know it is tough to let go of something you are so indoctrinated to, but use reason and become a thinking self-aware being!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that is incorrect and you will be sorry if you don't get your mind right!
Oh, I forgot...you worship the psychopathic god of blackmail....
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that would be you.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD is all around but you can't feel him because SATAN has such a tight grip on your mind and your heart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD is all around but you can't feel him because SATAN has such a tight grip on your mind and your heart.
Just as there is no god, there is no satan...so, really, you're not making very much sense at this point...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

the real fact king wrote:
Just Think I would imaging you believe in ET and the Easter bunny to if you have that kind of mind set maybe do some more meth you might see God then and you can tell him you don't believe? BTW were guessing your one of those closet gays we here about?
What language are your trying to speak, trailer trash?
CDC

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

It is pathetic when a person thinks we are just a bunch of random chemicals.
True knowledge thinks outside the box.
Why have you boxed your thoughts?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there is no god, there is no satan...so, really, you're not making very much sense at this point...
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Come to Charleston IL and I'll give you a Johnson Bar and a little more why don't you stop by and get Just Think they must think their above us?
A serious question: just how far did you go in school? I've seen 4th graders with better writing skills.
Pat's gay roomate

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Reagan was a fool wrote:
<quoted text>A serious question: just how far did you go in school? I've seen 4th graders with better writing skills.
Oh the old you can't use grammar retort again.

“"It's The Right Thing To Do"”

Since: Sep 11

Ossining New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

As long as I get my point across wetard I don't care your a cuntbitch who thinks their above everybody else the lowly masses will be the rulers one day while you piss ants will bite the big one and you will beg for mercy and get none repeat now lowlife we are waiting for you and I am THE KING OF TOPIX bow down before me you lowlife meth head BTW I am guessing your gay also?
And would those be your continuous and off topic unintelligent and irrelevant bigoted posts? Thos?,Geez buddy,you sure have a lot of hate and judgment for a Faux Christian? Your Jesus isn't going to be very happy with you after he reads the hatred you post! How about you try to follow what he actually taught? Jesus was a progressive liberal you know!LOL

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The bible says we will multiply...Okay When a White &black person or white &Hispanic or Hispanic and Black person or any other races mix You get my point INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIPS. They have a human being meaning they Multiply..Right..Well in Same sex relationships there is no way here on earth that They can multiply SO HOW CAN THEY SEE THAT RIGHT IN ANY WAY AT ALL.. If you think its right I don't know what God you worship or what bible you study but I haven't seen one and dot want to..I am not in a same sex or interacial RELATIONSHIP but I Do Believe in God and my beliefs...and Let them go and Let God be the Judge. God Bless All.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Restless Spirits wrote:
<quoted text>
And would those be your continuous and off topic unintelligent and irrelevant bigoted posts? Thos?,Geez buddy,you sure have a lot of hate and judgment for a Faux Christian? Your Jesus isn't going to be very happy with you after he reads the hatred you post! How about you try to follow what he actually taught? Jesus was a progressive liberal you know!LOL
."this mess is a disgrace to God" glad I don't have to answer for your sins.May God Bless you.
Time To Let It Go

Beacon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

laugh4-ignorance_76 wrote:
The bible says we will multiply...Okay When a White &black person or white &Hispanic or Hispanic and Black person or any other races mix You get my point INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIPS. They have a human being meaning they Multiply..Right..Well in Same sex relationships there is no way here on earth that They can multiply SO HOW CAN THEY SEE THAT RIGHT IN ANY WAY AT ALL.. If you think its right I don't know what God you worship or what bible you study but I haven't seen one and dot want to..I am not in a same sex or interacial RELATIONSHIP but I Do Believe in God and my beliefs...and Let them go and Let God be the Judge. God Bless All.
And when did they pass a law that makes it a requirement to procreate in order to marry? There are many reasons to form a union and procreation is only one of them! There are thousands of couples who marry and choose not to have children and there are thousands of couples who cannot procreate,does this stop them from marrying? This country is NOT a theocracy but is in fact a SECULAR nation with a separation of church and state for good reason! Worship in any way shape or form you want but keep it to yourself and don't try to force your beliefs on others who may believe differently than yourself! We are ruled by our Constitution and not the bible,and try reading the 14th amendment which states "Equal treatment" under the law for all Americans! There are now 10 states that have legalized SSM and come June California will also be back in that column when prop 8 is once and for all declared to be unconstitutional! I'm not gay but I believe gays should have the right to marry if they so desire it hurts no one and in the future will be the law of the land! Now go into your church shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,just keep it to yourself!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Time To Let It Go wrote:
<quoted text>
And when did they pass a law that makes it a requirement to procreate in order to marry? There are many reasons to form a union and procreation is only one of them! There are thousands of couples who marry and choose not to have children and there are thousands of couples who cannot procreate,does this stop them from marrying? This country is NOT a theocracy but is in fact a SECULAR nation with a separation of church and state for good reason! Worship in any way shape or form you want but keep it to yourself and don't try to force your beliefs on others who may believe differently than yourself! We are ruled by our Constitution and not the bible,and try reading the 14th amendment which states "Equal treatment" under the law for all Americans! There are now 10 states that have legalized SSM and come June California will also be back in that column when prop 8 is once and for all declared to be unconstitutional! I'm not gay but I believe gays should have the right to marry if they so desire it hurts no one and in the future will be the law of the land! Now go into your church shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,just keep it to yourself!
...I am almost sure that the people that don't want kids is for their own problems and usually not by choice...rarely that couples never want to have a child.. You mean to tell me that you didn't know god made man and woman?You've never seen in the bible where it says that we would multiply? And yes I am very aware that lots of couples Man And Wife choose not to have children but its usually for a logical reason or that they just don't want responsibility or what ever it was by choice it surely not because..of what the same sex couples struggle with A MAN AND MAN CANNOT MAKE A BABY NOR A WOMAN AND A WOMAN .OKAY ...Its not their choice I happen to know many couples who separate long enough to become pregnant and then return back the same sex because the want children.But they know it ain't happening.I mean really what could the same sex do for each other.ugh...I have a few friends and I don't get it...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Time To Let It Go wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Moreover, marriage describes a unique relationship in all cultures. A life-long union of diverse gendered couples, creating a blend of both genders that holds humanities' best setting for new life.

Ss couples clearly do not equate, being a sterile, duplicate gendered relationship.

Moreover, science is quickly understanding what every culture has in human history. Homosexuality is a sexual defect. Check out epi-genetics and epi-marker mistakes.

Homosexuals have every right and opportunity to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights without imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.

Smile.
centralia

Centralia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

let's do some scissors action soon Yum yum .
Lonny

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Hole-In-The-Wall gay bathouse is located between Galesburg,IL and Knoxville,IL
free condoms if you need them. Plenty of willing men.
Mention my name Lonny and get a 20 percent discount.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Moreover, marriage describes a unique relationship in all cultures. A life-long union of diverse gendered couples, creating a blend of both genders that holds humanities' best setting for new life.
Ss couples clearly do not equate, being a sterile, duplicate gendered relationship.
Moreover, science is quickly understanding what every culture has in human history. Homosexuality is a sexual defect. Check out epi-genetics and epi-marker mistakes.
Homosexuals have every right and opportunity to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights without imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.
Smile.
Marriage is between a Man &woman .Don't you ever remember hearing and man leaves his Mother and cling to his wife..and hunny you wrong with all that mess you got about its a culture I ain't ever heard such..Lord mating is what animals do get real "just curious what religion are you?" can you answer or does that offend you to?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh smothers 3 hr just woundering 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr whatitis 3,911
Pakistani UK Bi/Gay Skype (Feb '14) Wed Indian lad 30 Lon... 106
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Wed Weneedchange 147
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 18 newpoly 1,898
Danette Frey (sp)? (May '11) Aug 16 sky47 3
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 nono 6,593

Search the Shelbyville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Shelbyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Shelbyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Shelbyville News, Events & Info