World's tallest woman dies

World's tallest woman dies

There are 19 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 13, 2008, titled World's tallest woman dies. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A woman who grew to be 7 feet, 7 inches tall and was recognized as the world's tallest female died early Wednesday, a friend said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

heas12

Detroit, MI

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Thought's & Prayer's go out to her family & friends.
GOD BLESS this special lady & all that she endured.
She always seemed like a very kind & loving person.
GOD SPEED...
Rock

New York, NY

#2 Aug 13, 2008
That is a shame...way too young to go...
froggy log

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2008
oh my Gosh. I cant believe 7 foot 7. That is dammed tall. Geez louise. I dont even know a man that is that tall. She must have drank lots of milk in her lifetime.
Rozz

Pierson, MI

#4 Aug 13, 2008
heas12 wrote:
Thought's & Prayer's go out to her family & friends.
GOD BLESS this special lady & all that she endured.
She always seemed like a very kind & loving person.
GOD SPEED...
Amen!
Rozz

Pierson, MI

#5 Aug 13, 2008
Rock wrote:
That is a shame...way too young to go...
Ditto here ..
Frank

Holton, MI

#6 Aug 13, 2008
If she would have written an autobiography, I would read it.
Concerned Mom

Kalamazoo, MI

#7 Aug 13, 2008
froggy log wrote:
oh my Gosh. I cant believe 7 foot 7. That is dammed tall. Geez louise. I dont even know a man that is that tall. She must have drank lots of milk in her lifetime.
Did you not read the article? She had a tumor that caused her growth....
pennywise

Glen Spey, NY

#8 Aug 13, 2008
I hate circus folk!
froggy log

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2008
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the article? She had a tumor that caused her growth....
No, I did read it. But I didn't read that. Sorry, I didn't realize thats what caused her growth.
froggy log

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2008
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the article? She had a tumor that caused her growth....
oops, now I read that part. My goodness. That is too weird. I never heard of such a thing. My Prayers to the family.
What

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 13, 2008
froggy log wrote:
<quoted text>oops, now I read that part. My goodness. That is too weird. I never heard of such a thing. My Prayers to the family.
I have a brother who has the same thing he also is 7'7" and a sister who has it she is 6'3" since my brother had it they realized hers sooner.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
cuthbert rumbold manager

Granby, CO

#12 Aug 13, 2008
She is not the tallest woman. That honor goes to one in China.

http://www.jschina.com.cn/gb/jschina/english/...

http://www.tallwomen.org/tallest/

Since: Jul 08

Kentwood MI

#13 Aug 13, 2008
cuthbert rumbold manager wrote:
She is not the tallest woman. That honor goes to one in China.
http://www.jschina.com.cn/gb/jschina/english/...
http://www.tallwomen.org/tallest/
Must be true.......... it's on the internet LOL
LC
Sam Straight

Wayland, MI

#14 Aug 13, 2008
Does this mean she also has the longest coffin?
pjdutchville

United States

#15 Aug 13, 2008
Lamont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be true.......... it's on the internet LOL
LC
C'mon LC, the internet IS the GOSPEL. But if it claims that the tallest woman is in China, it's probably an illusion...the Chinese are pretty good at that lately! LOL !!
pjdutchville

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2008
Sam Straight wrote:
Does this mean she also has the longest coffin?
No, I think the internet claims that there was a man from Appalachia that coughed for 32 years. And because it was on the internet....believe it!
Sam Straight

Wayland, MI

#17 Aug 13, 2008
pjdutchville wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think the internet claims that there was a man from Appalachia that coughed for 32 years. And because it was on the internet....believe it!
Wasn't his name Rip Van Coughful?
cuthbert rumbold manager

Granby, CO

#18 Aug 13, 2008
So I suppose you also missed in this INTERNET story by WOODTV, that this lady from China was mentioned.
Dominic

Broomfield, CO

#19 Aug 13, 2008
3 hours have gone by and "Gail in Wyoming" hasn't written in to express "thoughts and prayers?" What is going on??? Something must be wrong!!!

Maybe she is still expressing thoughts and prayers about the Morgan Freeman car accident - oops, that was last week. Or maybe Bernie Mac's death, since that was only a couple of days ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love and lonely Mar '18 Thunderhawk200 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Feb '18 SligieForMayor 177
dope smoking high school teacher (Apr '15) Dec '17 Are you sure 5
Gay Teens in South Florida (Jan '17) Dec '17 Djeidis 4
Houses for rent (Oct '17) Oct '17 Looking 1
Lawyer found dead in hotel (Aug '17) Sep '17 Nickleschitz Dibe... 4
News Two Shelbyville Men Arrested for Vehicle Theft (Oct '10) Feb '17 Hotrodelrod 11

Shelbyville Jobs

Personal Finance

Shelbyville Mortgages