Utilities to 155 Galion houses could be turned off

Oct 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Journal

GALION -- In a period of high unemployment and imminent water and sewer rate increases, 155 households in Galion are facing utility shutoffs this month if payments are not sent to the city's billing and collections department.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Linda Cooper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

What a shame! This city doesn't care if children go cold or without water. Where did compassion go? It is pitiful! How do these people sleep at night?
what a shame

Benham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

If Galion did not let the town get into such a financial mess, and make the residents pay for it, this would not be an issue.

It should be illegal to turn of the utilities when the rates are already so high.
galionite

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

what a shame wrote:
If Galion did not let the town get into such a financial mess, and make the residents pay for it, this would not be an issue.
It should be illegal to turn of the utilities when the rates are already so high.
The rates are ridiculous,the job market here is also very bad.Galion has turned into a bedroom community where people must travel elsewhere for work.
bonnierogers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

we resadents need to find a way to stop galion utilities from robbing us lets all wright to the govener,senate and presidend and let them know how were being treated let let cheanels4,6and10 know about dont just complan do something
rlucas

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

i thought it was illegal to turn utilities off during winter months
Momof3

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Naa they still turn them off none the less.I went a whole summer with out electric for the simple fact that my bill used to be around $80.oo,cause i don't have much as is to run in the first place,to $400.00.There was no excuse for it,they just kept saying that is how much i used.When nothing and i mean nothing changed in my house hold.i use 1 fan in the summer and 1 plug in heater for the winter,2 lamps and the only lights i have in the house is in the bathroom and kitchen,2 tv's and 1 comp.None of these are used all the time or are all on at the same time.i even did what the news had suggested one time,and that is to unplug anything that is not currently being used cause it still can use the electric and run the bill.Yet they continue to charge what they want.It wasn't til last year i found out that you have to request for actual reading or they will do what the call a percentage of what the place you live at has used in the pass.Then this year they tell me if the weather is ever to bad for them where they can not get to the meters they do the percentage.But i got to tell you,I have yet to see anyone come out and read this meter!I've lived here for 4 1/2 years and only seen the meter reader out here 2 times.An old man.Those 2 times he was here,he stepped out of his truck,with no clip board or anything to write info on,he took 3 steps and turned around and hopped back into the truck and left.
erik c

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

I just got a $500 plus utility bill from them. I'm the only one that works in my home providing for 2 children and my wife on a dead end crap job. Seriously I make less than 8 dollars an hour working 6 days a week but still only pulling part time hours. But thats all I can find around here. How the hell am I supposed to pay $500 for that damn bill? Its ridiculous. We dont leave anything on. all my appliances are energy star rated. how can we stop them from trying to rape us? I'm already in the poor house now this. Someone help me out here. who do we need to get ahold of to stop this insanity?
Eric H

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

IT seems as though this town does what it darn well wants to do. Heck with what the citizens of Galion thinks. The City robs from people just like Bill Bauer and the city officials did!!! Make us pay for there CRIMES!!!!!! galion Sucks!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

good i hope they turn my ex's shit off at his dads house, they got six kids living there in one house and his father and fathers wife sit and have sex in front of their kids nasty ass bitches
momof3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

backwoods_girl19 wrote:
good i hope they turn my ex's shit off at his dads house, they got six kids living there in one house and his father and fathers wife sit and have sex in front of their kids nasty ass bitches
. YEAH because the kids should have to suffer for what their parents do! If that kind of crap is happening there and you know about it and don't report it, you are just as bad as they are!! The kids shouldn't have to go without just because of the way their parents are. Shame on you for wanting that knowing there are kids there!
Cut galion water bills

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Get you a water tank and cut your bills in half like alot are doing. Use your spouting, you are paying $5.00 a month to have the right to have rain so use it. Use your bath water to flush toilet.
I pay my bills

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

I have a cold house. My heat turns to 55 degrees at night and we wear sweats and use blankets. I pay my bills and I am tired of subsidizing all the people that don't. If you can't pay your bills stop smoking and drinking or lose your kids. It is time to grow up as a nation and stop expecting government to provide for you.

Some helpful hints... get rid of pets, addictions, and cellphones. Spend less than you make.
Chuck

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

What is a 155 gallon house? My house is at least 5-6000 gallon I think? A 155 gallon house is awful small lol
Biggie BC

Willoughby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Saw a letter in paper the other day that claims 1,000 Galion utilities customers were disconnected last year.

This is a really tough situation.
umm

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

I moved out of town and my bills are so much cheaper! Affording to live in Galion is like the poor trying to afford red lobster. It's not possible. They cut my utilities off and i said screw it. They're sitting there, unpaid because they refuse to take partial payment. I don't know about you guys but those bills are insane! I don't even pay $200/mo anymore for utilities and that's water, sewer, electric and gas. I say abandon that ghost town. There's nothing left there anymore.
galionite

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

galionite wrote:
<quoted text>
The rates are ridiculous,the job market here is also very bad.Galion has turned into a bedroom community where people must travel elsewhere for work.
Even from 2009, things havent changed.
galionite

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Getting the monthly utility bill has become alot like wheel of fortune,you never know what its gonna be.Not a good thing at all
Galion grouch

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Columbus Dispatch on Galion utilities

Things are going much higher, it's cheap today, you ain't seen anthing yet.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/busin...

http://www.wbco.com/pages/12996658.php...

This will be the final nail in Galions coffin, and GENE TOY is grabbing his hammer.
CRooked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Linda Cooper wrote:
What a shame! This city doesn't care if children go cold or without water. Where did compassion go? It is pitiful! How do these people sleep at night?
they sleep fine with the money they are stealing right in front of everyone I will bet a million dollars they have never had to fix one of those costly storm water pipes lol and people wonder why property value is dropping and there are so many empty homes here. What a lovely city full of corruption just like our govt who also steal money in front of us while they stay rich.
CRooked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I think its funny galion invests in a power plant in illinois that costs 25% more then regular market prices and the govt is stepping in and shutting down coal mines left and right thats why ky is hurting put two and two together hahaha what dumbasses ignorant and wasting our money its enough when does this end. and im tired of people wondering why the economy is so bad, its called outsourcing. It makes you think what are the IQs of our so called leaders.

And if you didnt get it the power plant runs off of coal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shelby Discussions

Search the Shelby Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 43 min Canton 29,396
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr Johnnie Mac 2,221
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Lesbian Couple's Family Denied Season Pass to O... Jul 12 WasteWater 25
Authorities investigating fatal shooting on Kin... Jul 12 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
Large Garage Sale Jun '14 Just say no 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Shelby Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shelby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE