Cyclists tour neighborhood 'melting p...

Cyclists tour neighborhood 'melting pot' | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 22 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Cyclists tour neighborhood 'melting pot' | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Cyclists gather outside the restored Lincoln Theatre before setting off on a 29-mile tour of a variety of Columbus neighborhoods today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
think twice

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 4, 2010
Wish I knew about this BEFORE it happened.
Typical White Person

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 4, 2010
Meatless hotdogs and hemp muffins? I'm tired of bicycle riders ignoring the "One Way" sign at Milton and Como.I'm done stopping for those that don't heed the stop sign at Delhi and Milton,many
of you just fly on through.Many of you,with your nostrils in the air,seem to think that you own the
roads.You don't.Be smart and less cocky.Obey the
stop signs,I may not be paying attention when you
don't stop.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2010
"The 29-mile route began and ended on the block in front of the Lincoln Theatre"

==========

I wonder how many cars were broken into while everyone was out on their bike tour.
silly

Galloway, OH

#4 Sep 4, 2010
Enzyte Bob wrote:
"The 29-mile route began and ended on the block in front of the Lincoln Theatre"
==========
I wonder how many cars were broken into while everyone was out on their bike tour.
You wonder, because you don't know crap about the neighborhoods. You just assume. Keep taking that Enzyte and one day, you might be a big boy.
funny girl

Galloway, OH

#5 Sep 4, 2010
Typical White Person wrote:
Meatless hotdogs and hemp muffins? I'm tired of bicycle riders ignoring the "One Way" sign at Milton and Como.I'm done stopping for those that don't heed the stop sign at Delhi and Milton,many
of you just fly on through.Many of you,with your nostrils in the air,seem to think that you own the
don't stop.
if you hit me, do i not bleed? if you hurt me, do i not sue?

you don't own the roads either d-bag.
corn feed

AOL

#10 Sep 5, 2010
Stay in your obama loving neighborhoods. Not on rural roads.
JPA8

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 5, 2010
Enzyte Bob wrote:
==========
Praise the Lord, it was daytime and no body got shot. Mikey's marching for violence musta worked just fine this time.
JPA8

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 5, 2010
corn feed wrote:
Stay in your obama loving neighborhoods. Not on rural roads.
Oh my stars, I just don't understand how getting shot in "obma loving neighborhoods" is better than getting run over on "rural roads".
Someday

Columbus, OH

#13 Sep 5, 2010
So I am supposed to give $25 to organizations that do nothing to promote safer streets to ride through streets that are in depressed neighborhoods. Is the purpose actually to promote gentrification. Thank God that no one was shot in the process. Rename the ride, "Pity the C-bus" ( concealed-carry recommended). Maybe next year organizers can highlight street shrines where C-bus' "citizens" have been murdered and beaten. I would rather my contibution go toward the demolition of delapidated structures in these areas and construction and planning of new infrastructure to include bikepaths (so I can avoid actually riding through groups of hood-rats roaming the streets).
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 5, 2010
charlie wrote:
For some reason this community cheerleading makes me want to vomit. Is it just me??
Agreed. If libs' families weren't such a mess, they would be focussed on them instead of on complete strangers in their "community".
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#15 Sep 5, 2010
They would get a better 'feeling' of the neighborhoods if they walk through them! They would also get a better view of the 'melting'..how much attention can the bikers pay to the traffic if they are enjoying the surroundings and getting this special 'feeling'?
Godwin

Grove City, OH

#16 Sep 5, 2010
Goofs On Toys Must Die wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you have company.
I believe The Delusional Twits completed this early,before the Hood Gangbangers were awake and dysfunctional.
The featured photo of The Road Cloggers liberally sprinkling themselves across the middle of the street lacks just one thing...
a speeding cement truck with no brakes.
Do you know who else advocated killing people who did things he didn't agree with?
Really

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 5, 2010
Goofs On Toys Must Die wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you have company.
I believe The Delusional Twits completed this early,before the Hood Gangbangers were awake and dysfunctional.
The featured photo of The Road Cloggers liberally sprinkling themselves across the middle of the street lacks just one thing...
a speeding cement truck with no brakes.
You want people to die because they ride bikes? I'm sorry. I just don't understand. Is it because they slow your commute between Cheesecake Factory and Walmart? Or something else?
Someday

Columbus, OH

#22 Sep 5, 2010
In the state of Wisconsin, cycling generates 1.5 billion dollars in their economy. Cycling is a great way to get around a city and it helps build neighborhoods. Unfortunately, People would rather sit around eating Cheetos watching the Suckeyes while texting each other @ Maurice Clarret's chances of playing in the NFL again. The best way to improve some of these "neighborhoods" is to tear them down and start again. Buy cheap properties with the money you save on gas and create a vacant lot today. The way to improving your city is not through giving handouts to the homeless derelicts.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#23 Sep 5, 2010
Someday wrote:
<quoted text>
Best name for this ride?
Ghettotonia?
Jon

Zanesville, OH

#24 Sep 5, 2010
Some of you all are ignorant jack**ses. You would do the world a favor if you just kept your bitterness bottled up, instead of sprinkling it on the rest of us (the majority). Grow up, and get a life. Do something positive.

There is always one idiot in a crowd -- unfortunately these discussion pages have an over abundance of idiots.

Congratulations to the "Bike the C-Bus" and "Long Street Tour" organizers -- keep up the good work, and pay no attention to the jerks sitting around their computers with one hand on the keyboard and the other hand on their ... nevermind, but you know where I'm going.
Woody

Columbus, OH

#25 Sep 5, 2010
Jon wrote:
Some of you all are ignorant jack**ses. You would do the world a favor if you just kept your bitterness bottled up, instead of sprinkling it on the rest of us (the majority). Grow up, and get a life. Do something positive.
There is always one idiot in a crowd -- unfortunately these discussion pages have an over abundance of idiots.
Congratulations to the "Bike the C-Bus" and "Long Street Tour" organizers -- keep up the good work, and pay no attention to the jerks sitting around their computers with one hand on the keyboard and the other hand on their ... nevermind, but you know where I'm going.
Define majority, please. Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle.
pookie

Galloway, OH

#26 Sep 5, 2010
When stuff all melts together we know what it looks like. When you eat a big meal of different stuff, what does it come out as? Their is your answer.
Goofs On Toys Must Die

Reynoldsburg, OH

#27 Sep 5, 2010
Godwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who else advocated killing people who did things he didn't agree with?
It's not "agree with",Bender. It's "endangered by".
Genghis Khan?
Vlad Drakul?
Wyatt Earp?
Paul Kersey?
Harry Callahan?
Oliver Cromwell?
Robespierre?
mike

Akron, OH

#28 Sep 5, 2010
Typical White Person wrote:
don't stop.
He is right on. Bicyclists typical ride as if the laws of the street do not apply to them. Two ran a stop sign the other day and almost caused a wreck. Then when they get nailed by a car they scream how motorists pay them no heed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Crestline Hospital Jan '18 Sinderella 2
life long criminals (Aug '17) Aug '17 Jusdatruth 2
News Parent of Crestline Student Who Was Dragged Spe... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Deb 1
Galion Electric rates (Nov '16) Aug '17 Pricey 5
Debbie (beautician) (Jul '17) Jul '17 Jay 1
News Morrow County Man Sentenced For Aggravated Murder (Nov '08) Jul '17 Loretta 92
colin vanderpool (Jun '12) Jul '17 Chaz 4

Shelby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelby Mortgages