Study: Ohio second in coal pollution deaths

Sep 10, 2010 Full story: Marion Star 6

Ohio ranked second in the nation in the number of estimated deaths caused by coal-fired power plant pollution, according to a study released Thursday by an environmental group.

Full Story
Bobby06

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 10, 2010
Hey at least we almost lead the nation in something besides college football!

What is the Republican response to this wonderful news? Burn more coal!
Kenny Coalbin

Elyria, OH

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Notice that this smear campaign states that the deaths are estimated. Porbably all a big liberal, clap trap lie.

The real problem with coal was when everbody burned it to heat their homes.

In the wintertime back in the time, the whole town would have thick smoke, soot and a bad sulphur smell. This went on for a few centuries. Electric and gas heat stopped all of this.

I can remember driving through Pittsburgh and choking on the smell and seeing the smog. All of this is gone now and so are the jobs. Steubenville,Youngstown, Akron and Canton were not much better.

The air and water are both ten times better than the decades of 1940,50 and 60. The Cuyahoga river hasn't caught on fire since 66.

You young people are so spoiled and indoctrinated at school with liberal, anti-business crap that you can't see or think straight.

Why do you think all the real jobs have gone to China? Its because of taxes and excessive government regulations.

Go back to your burger flipping job and enjoy it or finish college with a political science degree and manage a convenience store.
hmmmmmm

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Sep 11, 2010
Kenny Coalbin wrote:
Notice that this smear campaign states that the deaths are estimated. Porbably all a big liberal, clap trap lie.
In the wintertime back in the time, the whole town would have thick smoke, soot and a bad sulphur smell. This went on for a few centuries. Electric and gas heat stopped all of this.
I can remember driving through Pittsburgh and choking on the smell and seeing the smog. All of this is gone now and so are the jobs. Steubenville,Youngstown, Akron and Canton were not much better.
The air and water are both ten times better than the decades of 1940,50 and 60. The Cuyahoga river hasn't caught on fire since 66.
You young people are so spoiled and indoctrinated at school with liberal, anti-business crap that you can't see or think straight.
Why do you think all the real jobs have gone to China? Its because of taxes and excessive government regulations.
Go back to your burger flipping job and enjoy it or finish college with a political science degree and manage a convenience store.
Excellent post - and spot on, especially about the indoctrination in our public schools. Pick up a new history textbook, if you are over 50 you will wonder what country produced the text. Re-writing of history is appalling, and scary.
JRM

Ashtabula, OH

#4 Sep 11, 2010
Kenny Coalbin wrote:
Why do you think all the real jobs have gone to China?

Because the corps pay $1.00 an hour.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/reagan-insid...

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#5 Sep 11, 2010
Bobby06 wrote:
Hey at least we almost lead the nation in something besides college football!
What is the Republican response to this wonderful news? Burn more coal!
More people die from liberal progressive pollution. Airplanes and cars for example! Stop using them. Ride your bikes! Stop using toilet paper too! Scoot in the grass! Do not use any paper, save a tree. Carve a stone instead!
Bobby06

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 12, 2010
Kenny Coalbin wrote:
Please give references for this load of BS. There aren't any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rail project to boost economic development, num... Sat railman 59
Pagans/ Wiccans and Witches (Nov '10) Feb 26 Nerd Circus 43
LARPING in galion Feb 26 Nerd Circus 2
Kristina Rivers Feb 24 Lee 6
Galion police officer cleared in fatal shooting (Sep '07) Feb 20 Grammar girl 23
missing Feb 16 concerned citizen 1
brian albright- looking for my brother - plz he... Feb 4 truth 2
Shelby Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Shelby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:19PM