Schools fail to follow state bullying...

Schools fail to follow state bullying rule

There are 6 comments on the Mansfield News Journal story from Nov 13, 2011, titled Schools fail to follow state bullying rule. In it, Mansfield News Journal reports that:

As recently as last month, almost every school district in Richland County had failed to comply with a 4-year-old state law requiring districts to publish a summary of bullying incidents online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mansfield News Journal.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 15, 2011
Schools should be made to follow state and federal laws.
wow1121

Elmore, OH

#2 Nov 19, 2011
mansfield isnt the only school who doesnt do anything about bullying you should check on buckeye central. i have removed my child from there due to her being bullied daily i have went round an round with the principal over my child. i called the school daily becouse of this and they would tell it was my childs fault my child came home with bruises where the girls would kick her.she cried daily for 3 months,begged me not to send her.She was on probation for a fight she was in which she didnt start.the probation officer contacted school on this matter they told him they would check on it nothing was ever done my child no longer attends buckeye central i would recommend that school to anyone.
wow1121

Ashland, OH

#3 Nov 19, 2011
sorry spelled wrong i wouldnt recommend that school to anyone

Location hidden

#4 Nov 19, 2011
wow1121 wrote:
sorry spelled wrong i wouldnt recommend that school to anyone
Always good to make the correction but I knew what you meant. If I were you I would have gotten an attorney and brought civil charges up against the school and everyone involved. You should have also got the police involved because what happened to your daughter was criminal.
just saying what i think

United States

#5 Nov 19, 2011
I think the parents of these bullies should be punished as well. How bout we teach our kids to treat people nice! Parents don't care what their kids do as long as they don't have to deal with them! If my child had bullied anyone in school, they would have made the trip with me to the victims house and apologized there as well as in front of the whole class! I bet they wouldnt do it too many times! Parents need to be PARENTS not "besties"!!!

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2011
just saying what i think wrote:
I think the parents of these bullies should be punished as well. How bout we teach our kids to treat people nice! Parents don't care what their kids do as long as they don't have to deal with them! If my child had bullied anyone in school, they would have made the trip with me to the victims house and apologized there as well as in front of the whole class! I bet they wouldnt do it too many times! Parents need to be PARENTS not "besties"!!!
Now that's what I call good parenting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cary Lee Bloomfield Nov 25 Anonymous 1
Galion Electric rates Nov 23 Galiondude 3
Clowns Oct '16 Sinbad 3
Health Department Oct '16 Saul 1
Design Review Sep '16 Liberty 5
the disbennett family (Mar '13) Sep '16 WakeupPeople 4
News Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Animals | WBN... (Jun '11) Aug '16 Whit 340

Shelby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelby Mortgages