Slate of secession candidates ready f...

Slate of secession candidates ready for 2010 battle in Vermont

There are 6 comments on the www.nydailynews.com story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Slate of secession candidates ready for 2010 battle in Vermont. In it, www.nydailynews.com reports that:

SHELBURNE, Vt. a ' Peter Garritano thinks it's time for Vermont to call it quits with America .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nydailynews.com.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Jan 19, 2010
Historians know that Vermont was not one of the original thirteen colonies. It was originally part of New York State. It has alresdy seceeded once, from New York; the Vermonters did not want to pay for their share of the American Revolution.

Vermont has very little of its own. Their one great claim to historical fame, the Battle of Bennington,(1777) actually happened in New York State.

The main industry is serving tourists from New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The main products, Dairy and maple syrup, can both be easilly supplied by New York State, and New Hampshire. Both of those states could use the boost.

Also, both upstate NY and New Hampshire have the same geplogical features that make Vermont a popular Autumn and Winter destination for tourists.

Vermont would be cutting her own throat if she allowed these traitors to the USA to be elected to any post. They should all have sour milk dumped on their heads.
Blake

Richmond, VA

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
Historians know that Vermont was not one of the original thirteen colonies. It was originally part of New York State. It has alresdy seceeded once, from New York; the Vermonters did not want to pay for their share of the American Revolution.
Vermont has very little of its own. Their one great claim to historical fame, the Battle of Bennington,(1777) actually happened in New York State.
The main industry is serving tourists from New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The main products, Dairy and maple syrup, can both be easilly supplied by New York State, and New Hampshire. Both of those states could use the boost.
Also, both upstate NY and New Hampshire have the same geplogical features that make Vermont a popular Autumn and Winter destination for tourists.
Vermont would be cutting her own throat if she allowed these traitors to the USA to be elected to any post. They should all have sour milk dumped on their heads.
I thought you were Pro Choice.
Secession is a choice, No?

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#4 Jan 19, 2010
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were Pro Choice.
Secession is a choice, No?
NO.

Refer to the American Civil War.
mybuttt itchin

Quy Nhon, Vietnam

#5 Jan 19, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
Refer to the American Civil War.
i thought it's over already?:-ooooooh, Jeeses stil going on!?:)

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#6 Jan 20, 2010
mybuttt itchin wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought it's over already?:-ooooooh, Jeeses stil going on!?:)
Apparently.

I stand with President Lincoln:
"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free."

To those cowardly craven slimy traitors who would raise the subject of splitting our union, I say read and remember:

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. "
fed x pope

Ridge Spring, SC

#7 Jan 20, 2010
tea baggerz vs. pineys ( who`d au thought so )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelburne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bernie Sanders Wants Donald Trump To Know He Al... (Dec '15) 5 hr Responsibilty 35
News What Is Bernie Sanders' Net Worth? 5 hr Raydot 8
bernie bends over for the clinton political mac... 18 hr Jersey Sure 4
News 6 involved in Bennington head-on collision Jul 17 markey fife 4
"SUE" ? Wife of Submariner Stationed In New Lon... Jul 13 Victor 1
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun '16 internet troll 1
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Shelburne, VT (Mar '12) Aug '14 kappa 2

Shelburne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelburne Mortgages