Resident Of Shelburn

Linton, IN

#1 May 11, 2008
Anyone know what heck is going on with the Shelburn IGA? I went in there today and their shelves are practically empty.
Unbelievable

Winburne, PA

#2 Jan 19, 2009
I have recently got lots of food that is spoiled. I will not be going back. They need to get control or they will lose lots of business.
Skipper

Winburne, PA

#3 Jan 19, 2009
I was in there today and no food was in the ice cream freezers! Looks like they are going out of business. There was a dog that kept coming in the front doors. The lady cooking food got him out and took some dog food with her. When she came back in she did not wash her hands. That is disgusting!
out of towner

Braselton, GA

#4 Jan 22, 2009
i was back in town over Christmas and noticed that the ol' iga has really been let go. it used to be a good little store, but as with many other things in the area... it seems like nobody cares anymore.
Wake up

Mitchell, GA

#5 Jan 23, 2009
As long as everyone travels to the Super stores this is what is going to happen to the local Grocery stores. When I was a kid in Sullivan you had so many stores with fresh products about every street corner. You had Pat Lanes Grocery, Hankins Grocery, Tubby Wagners. Pebbles Grocery, Joe's Grocery, Fords Grocery, A & P, Red and White just to name a few within 6 to 10 Blocks of each other. All had fresh product. Buy local. Support local. But in Sullivan now you have Angels who would rather have high prices and pay big brother to watch over the patrons making them feel like thieves. Save-A-lot is a great store, they are helpfull, well stocked and make you feel as though they want your business. Wal-mart good for basic everything need. But not as friendly as they should be. Back to Shelburn if you want a local Grocery you have to support a local Grocery store. The Grocery store in return will have fresh product and good service if they want to stay in business. Wake up Shelburn you could have a good thing going if you don't loose it. Look a Farmersburg they once had a grocery and now it is gone. You have to travel 15 or more miles one way just to shop. This increase gas usage and gas prices go up. Think about the small things that are happening and don't let it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor's Performance ? 1 hr Fun and Games II 58
Billy Springer and Terry Montgomery postings (Dec '10) 4 hr Way back 7
Thank you Govenor Pence 5 hr really misguided ... 12
The KKK shall rise again! 9 hr Info 5
New Sullivan County Newspaper coming to Sulliva... 22 hr eech 9
Daniels named one of world's 50 great leaders 23 hr moved to tippecanoe 1
Ribbon cutting at new central park Sat Durrr 4

Flood Warning for Sullivan County was issued at March 30 at 11:53AM EDT

Shelburn Dating
Find my Match