|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

shelburn wrote:
<quoted text>
See thats funny. I'll bet u and the person who posted before u both do dope cause I've seen Akers do dope. I've seen him cry to his brother for dope when his brother was into it but I'll bet I've seen u to. I'm not packing my bags and going anywhere I'm not who u think I am and for the person who posted before u, Doug Inman has never shot any of my dogs I don't have any so how could he shoot them. I'm not mad at Doug, Doug tries to do a good job, he just has a poor choice in deputies. I know for a fact that Akers has already asked the fire chief to cover up some stuff for him. Also, you don't have any clue who I am I'm not a woman thats for sure. I'm just a concerned citizen who everyone overlooks
'cause I keep to myself unlike u and the rest of the people who talk shit on here. I also think it is time for change on the town board cause the same people have been running this town since before I was born and they're still running it. They're actually running it in the ground because look at the town's dope problem. Has anyone made an effort to stop it. No, they have not. Look at all the abandoned houses here in town. We are turning into the slums of Chicago. Our town is that bad, but people like u keep this town the way it is, because ur too afraid of change. I think if we had a new town board to start with and we give other people a chance (I don't care who but at least someone who could do better) our town would be a much better place. I've heard people say this is a horrible place to live and that they refuse to raise their kids here. Let's think about THAT next time we vote for town board!
My guess would be if anyones on dope it's you! Shelburn isn't the only place in the world with a dope problem! Look around you! Get out of your box and check other places out. Shelburn probably has the lowest crime/dope rate of any small town around here! It's people like you that cause problems. Running your mouth about shit you know nothing about. I've known Shawn Akers my whole life. That man is not on dope nor has he ever been! I would trust him with any of my kids any day of the week. It's people like you the world needs less of! Fat ass nosey bodys that sit behind their computer and spew hatred and bullshit! Grow some balls and step up to the man face to face if you have a problem. Other wise shut your dick hole and stop your rumors! Shelburn is by far the best ran town around here! Don't like it??? Move to Chicago! See how long your hillbilly backwoods ass last there!
wow

Hymera, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

tired hearing you bitch wrote:
<quoted text>If you dont like how the town is being run then do somethin. Dont just sit on the computer and bitch about the town or the dope problem. It is easy to sit and bitch. You seem to have all the answers. It is pretty easy to sit and criticize everyone tryin to make a change for the better. So now if a deputy does his job you accuse him of buying and using dope. If he doesnt then you will just bitch about that. Maybe you should go to a town bourd meeting and request everyone employed by the town take a drug test. Oh i guess if you do that then people will know who you are. You dont wanna do that becouse you are to chicken shit. I agree with the other person, if you dont like it here get your shit and get out.
i agree with the other guy y would you people threaten a law abiding citizen by telling them to pack there shit and leave town i'll bet alot of the people here in shelburn would love to know the names of you people who have supported this dope problem and corrupt town board i'll also bet if they new your names that you would'nt be living here or at all any more so you need to watch what you say

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

unable to stop it wrote:
Has anyone thought about voting this year for a new town board in Shelburn or a new town cop? When I grew up here this was a town that was something I was proud of. It has continued to go down hill and the people that are enforcing the rules only apply them to certain people. This town has a lot of youth in it. Many in their 20ís are incarcerated and the trend while continue until the people of the community stands up. Letís all vote this year, get a new board, and follow the Indiana State ordnances get rid of the town employees just sucking the money up. Take care of that so called fire department. It is all a click and family It is time for the younger generation to stand up and take pride for the town they are raising their kids in.
I remember a few years back there where so others that ran for town board. There was one women that was bold she posted fliers order the book from Indiana and posted the facts. She almost made it. I believe that if she would run again, along with Mark known as, grench. There could be some changes made. You need people that with stand up and fight for what is right, no matter who it makes made. You need highly educated people that can use their knowledge and leadership skills to help this town. That woman was and there may have been some feathers ruffled if she had gotten it, but I know one thing this town would have been up to code and no favorites. Everyone treated the same. If anyone knows who I am speaking of you may ask her to run again and her thoughts on other candidates. She knew the book of Indiana from A-Z and truly wanted to change the town for the better. Mark also was treated poorly when he became sick and was fired. He was one of the hardest works the town had and went out of the way to help people. Those two would make a very good start on changing this trashy, meth head, clicking board, and no police protection. Everyone might just stop and think about it. I am talking about people that will not back down and that will stand up for the citizens of Shelburn. Not the scuttle bug, we need no more gossip, but facts and change.
GET ALDOLD OF HER!!! SHE HAS TIES WITH THE COMMUNITY KIDS AND CARES!
GET ALHOLD OF MARK and encourage them both to run and recruit and new group for this town.
Have you seen Old Fashion Days! No one even takes pride in it!!
Electing MARK/"Grench" to the Shelburn Town board would be like electing Otis Campbell as Sheriff Of Mayberry!
>Don't think I know a man who claims to know so much and doe's so little.
>The town needs people with managment skilles to permote some "GROWTH" in the town. Don't need the Shelburn town drunk on the Shelburn town board!
Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Where's that crazy pillhead nurse? She must've crawled back into her hole.
happyheathen

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

wow! this is some funny shit! everyone calling everyone else a meth head,pill head or drunks-
the voices of reason from the clean and sober!-thats sarcasm
Jos

Jasonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

happyheathen wrote:
wow! this is some funny shit! everyone calling everyone else a meth head,pill head or drunks-
the voices of reason from the clean and sober!-thats sarcasm
yeah sounds like they all like to stir shit.
annoyed with you

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

If you want to come here to bitch, moan, whine, complain, and spread rumors.. Use your real name, reach out and better the community, and make a difference rather than bash those that may not be fixing the problems you want fixed as fast as you would like them to be. volunteer your time to clean up the town, tend to overgrown, run down houses. foot the bill for board ups, pay for rehabilitation for those on drugs and need help, be a leader and then you will be proud to state your name. till your willing to step up to the plate and make any changes then do what do you have done all along and sit back, shut up and stop writing crap about it you shit stirrer!
ladyjustice

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I think that was me? But I was a new resident at the time. Im not now though ! First thing Id change would be more resources for the children, that would mean less getting into trouble. Then the school here dramatic need of a ANT-BULLY policy that they actually go by and enforce.Sound like the lady your talking about?
unable to stop it wrote:
Has anyone thought about voting this year for a new town board in Shelburn or a new town cop? When I grew up here this was a town that was something I was proud of. It has continued to go down hill and the people that are enforcing the rules only apply them to certain people. This town has a lot of youth in it. Many in their 20ís are incarcerated and the trend while continue until the people of the community stands up. Letís all vote this year, get a new board, and follow the Indiana State ordnances get rid of the town employees just sucking the money up. Take care of that so called fire department. It is all a click and family It is time for the younger generation to stand up and take pride for the town they are raising their kids in.
I remember a few years back there where so others that ran for town board. There was one women that was bold she posted fliers order the book from Indiana and posted the facts. She almost made it. I believe that if she would run again, along with Mark known as, grench. There could be some changes made. You need people that with stand up and fight for what is right, no matter who it makes made. You need highly educated people that can use their knowledge and leadership skills to help this town. That woman was and there may have been some feathers ruffled if she had gotten it, but I know one thing this town would have been up to code and no favorites. Everyone treated the same. If anyone knows who I am speaking of you may ask her to run again and her thoughts on other candidates. She knew the book of Indiana from A-Z and truly wanted to change the town for the better. Mark also was treated poorly when he became sick and was fired. He was one of the hardest works the town had and went out of the way to help people. Those two would make a very good start on changing this trashy, meth head, clicking board, and no police protection. Everyone might just stop and think about it. I am talking about people that will not back down and that will stand up for the citizens of Shelburn. Not the scuttle bug, we need no more gossip, but facts and change.
GET ALDOLD OF HER!!! SHE HAS TIES WITH THE COMMUNITY KIDS AND CARES!
GET ALHOLD OF MARK and encourage them both to run and recruit and new group for this town.
Have you seen Old Fashion Days! No one even takes pride in it!!
lmao

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

annoyed with you wrote:
If you want to come here to bitch, moan, whine, complain, and spread rumors.. Use your real name, reach out and better the community, and make a difference rather than bash those that may not be fixing the problems you want fixed as fast as you would like them to be. volunteer your time to clean up the town, tend to overgrown, run down houses. foot the bill for board ups, pay for rehabilitation for those on drugs and need help, be a leader and then you will be proud to state your name. till your willing to step up to the plate and make any changes then do what do you have done all along and sit back, shut up and stop writing crap about it you shit stirrer!
You need serious help.You seem to have the energy to change this nasty place, lets start a CAMPAIGN !
burp

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

You know what. Just for sh.ts and giggles I looked on here to see if there was a topix thread on my home town and low and behold... I grew up in that town and guess what? Im glad I got the heck out of there. I drove threw there the other day just take a trip down memory lane and all I can say is WOW. I miss all my friends that I grew up with, but what the he.l happened to this town? Im gonna go out on a long shot here and go with farmer dope got the most of you. The funny thing is I see you guys all on here b itching, but I bet when you go into the iga "I was surprised to see it still open" I bet you all just smile at each other, then swallow hard once you pass each other. You wanna fix your town? Get involved. Dont be on here talking mad shi.t about each other. Go to board meetings. Solicit industries to move in or close. I loved that town, but it had NOTHING to offer me. The fun thing to do was "hang out at the slab". Old fashioned days was going down hill when I was a kid. One of the saddest days in my life was when they tore down the troop 52 boy scout building. Invest in your children. Fix your roads. Quit trying to make your church steeple higher then the one down the street or up the road. Thats not going to get you to heaven any faster. Solicit some REAL industry. Look at your town as family. If you guys would put half as much work into your town as the churches in there... dont get me wrong on that. I believe everyone needs some god in their life, but take a look at the three churches and compair them to the size of your town and what there is that can be offered. That town is close to being bleed dry with no real effort to growing anything. Now bring the hate on me. Tell your church members that this is the work of satin and that you need $50 more so you can get a bigger sign out front instead of building a a bigger park or sending out letters to big industrial companies asking them to look at what you have to offer. Good luck. I will continue to watch the decay from outside and hold on to what few good memories I have of that town.

Since: Oct 12

Jasonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Shelburn doesn't need a bunch of bitchers, it needs people that are willing to put the effort forth to make it better. Someone to enforce the ordinances, a town Marshall that doesn't turn a blind eye and citizen that give a damn about the community they live in.
Jack Brunton

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Why don't you people put your damn names on your post's? Look's like a bunch of nosy ass, shit stirring, chicken shits on here to me. I think Inman, Akers, and the rest of them all do a hell of a good job. I see them out cruising around town all the time. If some of you people don't like the way the town is being ran, then get off your asses and run for town board, or apply to be a deputy with no pay.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

One of the good guys wrote:
Mark was not only a drunk, but also started getting in to some heavier stuff. He did a crapoy job on the street department and was even put on probation before he was fired.
Doug does patrol the streets, and even arrests people. Shelburn is way safer than Hymera, Farmersburg, Merom, and even Carlisle. There is only so much a Town can do with one full time police officer and no money to hire any more.
You want your town to clean up? Start parenting your children instead of letting the little hoodlums run the streets all night. Stop making and using drugs and being drunk instead of teaching your children right and wrong as well as respect.
Someone always has the answer until they realize that people have rights and there is a proceedure to everything legal. You can't just go in and arrest everyone you think is doing bad or you don't like. If that were the case, a lot if jails would be full. The Marshal is only paid for 40 hours a week, which he does work by the way.
It is easy to sit safe behind your computer and throw stones. Try getting out and seeing how real life works. If you were talking about Patty Wright being the one that ran for the board, and I am sure you are, she is a whack job and has tried to run for every town board in Sullivan County.
Your Hero Mark Hayes is no saint, he could never be sober enough to run a town, especially since he couldn't stay sober enough to work for one.
If you don't like the town, or the county, just move away. I promise you we will not miss you one bit. Hell, who needs a stupid ole gossip anyway? Get a clue, get a life, and maybe if you raised your children right, you would have nothing to complain about.
I wish you had the chance to try and run a town, or even police one for just one day. Maybe, just maybe you would understand it isn't as easy as you think. I am sure every one on a town board runs and thinks they are going to change the way things are, and change the world, only to realize that they had no idea how wrong they were.
By the way, Jay built his home at a hell of a deal, and not with town money, but with money his parents left him. The State Board of Accounts does audits very frequently and everything is accounted for. Educate yourself before you flap your gossipy pie hole! I live people that stink their noses in peoples business and think they know everything. If you took your nose out of everyone else's butt, maybe you wouldn't smell crap all the time.
In closing I will be short. Butt out and mind your own!
doug works 40 hours a week? yeah right.. hi is only out when he gets off work from sullivan county and goes through town once and goes home.. 2 times a week and this i know for a fact..........
thats a fact jack

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> doug works 40 hours a week? yeah right.. hi is only out when he gets off work from sullivan county and goes through town once and goes home.. 2 times a week and this i know for a fact..........
I see Doug drive by my house everyday more then once a day!!! He sure does a hell of a lot more then that lazy ass Hymera marshall. Sullivan Co Deputies dont even like him because he never answers calls and he gives peoole a heads up if he knows they are being watched......and that's a fact Jack!!!!! Id put my name, but then id be in trouble for giving out that info. Inman works circles around Cullison and that's sad considering the age difference. Be happy Shelburn......be very happy!!!! The town marshalls in Shelburn are hands down the best around!!!
michae

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

I live in shelburn indiana .i always see the police park at his house and i never see them drivig around the area at all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shelburn Discussions

Search the Shelburn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Tattoo shop or artist? 22 min barry macockiner 6
Facebook Gushing! 9 hr Brie 3
FBI investigation.. 17 hr DUSTY ARNETT 2
When is Sunrise Coal job fair Wed LESS PAY SOON 2
farmers (Jan '14) Wed help 20
Should Sullivan County switch to all year long ... (Nov '13) Jul 22 Brie 4
I'm. 21 I make more then coal miners Jul 22 Wondering 23
•••
•••