Mount Everett student killed in 1-car...

Mount Everett student killed in 1-car crash

There are 23 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 10, 2010, titled Mount Everett student killed in 1-car crash. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A senior at Mount Everett Regional High School was killed late Tuesday when a vehicle in which she was a passenger struck a tree, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Friday

AOL

#24 Mar 13, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble with most, if not all, late model cars is that the body (and what little frame there is) are eggshells as a result of the manufacturers having to keep down weight down in order to comply with U.S. government fleet miles per gallon requirements.
If it were not for the airbags even more would be dying in seemingly surviveable accidents.
You want to survive an accident, then keep out of eggshells!
You could be in a tank. If you hit an immovable object at 95 mph, you're toast. As a general rule you are right, but it is possible to engineer lighter cars with controlled crushability that protect occupants better than the behomeths built when we were kids. Seatblets and airbags help too. But if you're born to hang, you'll never drown.
Aunt Betsy

Holyoke, MA

#25 Mar 13, 2010
Stacy was my stepnice and we all loved her very much. She was like everyone said shy, quite, and very happy. She loved her family and was like a second mom to the 3 little ones. I am glad that they are to small to know what is going on so they do not have to feel the way we all do. She will be missed more then anyone can say. We all love you stacy. To the boy that was driving time will only tell.
Kevin blanco should pay

Queensbury, NY

#26 May 14, 2012
Local wrote:
He was driving soooo fast! I saw this car go by my house! Easily 95 mph! I don't feel bad for this driver! She was too young it's awful!! My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this hard time.
Kevin blanco should pay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Fri Jadior 40
News Lee celebrates Founders Day Sep 20 Cops are degenerates 1
News Ex-chief Buffis pleads not guilty in federal court (Aug '13) Sep 18 Cops are degenerates 39
News In the courts Sep 16 Cops are degenerates 1
News Sheffield to probe handling of suspected OUI by... Sep 9 Cops are degenerates 2
former students of the desisto school in stockb... (Feb '11) Sep 2 ldicker 53
News Two more indicted in former Eagleton School abu... Aug 26 cops are degener... 2

Sheffield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Mortgages