Mount Everett student killed in 1-car crash

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

A senior at Mount Everett Regional High School was killed late Tuesday when a vehicle in which she was a passenger struck a tree, authorities said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Is that section of Home Road in Sheffield paved or dirt?
FOX NEWS RULES

Great Barrington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

It's all paved.

“We WILL Vote You OUT!”

Since: Oct 09

Great Barrington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Is that section of Home Road in Sheffield paved or dirt?
It's all paved, but people do drive pretty fast through there.
Response

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Saddened to hear about the loss of this young lady. My heart goes out to her family.
Uncle Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Never the driver wrote:
It's never the driver. They always manage to swerve the driver's door away from the oncoming tree. Hang him high, and hang him long.
My name is Bill Rogers and Stacy Sullivan was my niece. Now is not the time to think like that. This young man was Stacy's boyfriend. He is 18 yrs. old and has the rest of his life to deal with the guilt he must be feeling. I hope they do not press charges on him unless they can prove he had committed a crime. He did not intentionally kill my niece, it was an accident. My niece will be sorely missed and my family needs as much love and support as they can get. Yesterday I watched my big sister live out any parents worse nightmare so have some respect. Not just for my family, but all the families involved.- R.I.P. my sweet niece
really

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

SAL wrote:
things happen--
Thank you for that enlightening and well thought out post. Honestly, why bother?
really

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Uncle Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Bill Rogers and Stacy Sullivan was my niece. Now is not the time to think like that. This young man was Stacy's boyfriend. He is 18 yrs. old and has the rest of his life to deal with the guilt he must be feeling. I hope they do not press charges on him unless they can prove he had committed a crime. He did not intentionally kill my niece, it was an accident. My niece will be sorely missed and my family needs as much love and support as they can get. Yesterday I watched my big sister live out any parents worse nightmare so have some respect. Not just for my family, but all the families involved.- R.I.P. my sweet niece
My thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
My thoughts and prayers

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Uncle Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a tragedy for all families involved my thoughts and prayers are with all and your right the guilt and the despair that child is feeling right now is enough punishment happened to me when i was younger and i feel for all families involved you could never imagine the hurt and pain it is not surface it is deep and very disconcerning to think that some people could be so heartless and shallow at such a heartwrenching time and as for the mom and dad i am a parent as well and my heart and thoughts and prayers definately go to them even though i do not know them at all that is a parents worse nightmare... may God Bless all involved.
Local

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

He was driving soooo fast! I saw this car go by my house! Easily 95 mph! I don't feel bad for this driver! She was too young it's awful!! My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this hard time.
Joe Friday

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Local wrote:
He was driving soooo fast! I saw this car go by my house! Easily 95 mph! I don't feel bad for this driver! She was too young it's awful!! My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this hard time.
If a car was going 95 mph and had an accident, one person would not be uninjured and two people would not be treated and released. So STFU.
Constance

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

I love you Bill- thanks for your reply! Thoughts and prayers to Stacey's siblings , parents, grandparents and family...(there are so many)YOu will be missed Stacy!
my prayers are with the other folks that were in the car as well. Their sentence will be a lifetime sentence- i am sure they will never forget or forgive themselves!
Geneva

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>If a car was going 95 mph and had an accident, one person would not be uninjured and two people would not be treated and released. So STFU.
NO MATTER WHAT the circumstances surrounding the accident the girl(STACY) was someone's daughter, niece, grad daughter,sibling and cousin. My cousin is her mother and as a mother I cannot fathom the loss of a child. As for the boyfriend may GOD bless him and have mercy on him that he may one day recover from this spiritually, Hhe will never forget that day, he must be devastated at the loss of his friend. These are supposed to be the best years of their lives and it suddenly became his worst. The hell he is sufferring is comparable to nothing that he could have ever imagined. It is not our job to judge - that job belongs only to GOD. May everyone pray fro you and everyone else that has mean, hateful or harsh words to post. I LOVE YOU PATTI, I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE ACCIDENT. GOD BLESS!
Crystallena

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Uncle Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy i am very srry and i could nvr imagine wut patty is goin thru and i myself dnt really kno how 2 deal with it the closer it gets 2 the wake and funeral the more torn up i am this is a tregedy and stacy will b very miss love u stacy and miss u very much
Feeling your pain

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

In the end No one knows how it feels to lose a child UNTIL IT REALLY HAPPENS TO YOU!!! Its sad, heartbreaking, unimaginable pain you never knew existed! So please!! Give the family some space, and dont tell them you know how they feel, because you dont!!! Just be there to hold their hands and cry with them!** To Stacys family I know you think right now the pain will never stop, But I swear to you... Time will heal your hearts and you will remember her for who she was not how she died!!** R.I.P baby girl
jamie

Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

crystallena-EVER HEARD OF SPELL CHECK??? OR ARE YOU THREE YEARS OLD???

god bless stacys family.
Joe Friday

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Geneva wrote:
<quoted text>
NO MATTER WHAT the circumstances surrounding the accident the girl(STACY) was someone's daughter, niece, grad daughter,sibling and cousin. My cousin is her mother and as a mother I cannot fathom the loss of a child. As for the boyfriend may GOD bless him and have mercy on him that he may one day recover from this spiritually, Hhe will never forget that day, he must be devastated at the loss of his friend. These are supposed to be the best years of their lives and it suddenly became his worst. The hell he is sufferring is comparable to nothing that he could have ever imagined. It is not our job to judge - that job belongs only to GOD. May everyone pray fro you and everyone else that has mean, hateful or harsh words to post. I LOVE YOU PATTI, I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE ACCIDENT. GOD BLESS!
I don't think I said anything mean, hateful or harsh. I have children not much older than Stacy and say 'but for the grace of God...' I've said a prayer for her soul and her family. What I was reacting to was somebody pointing the finger of blame in an obviously stupid and uninformed fashion. The police need to do their job and the chips will fall where they will. In the meantime, half-baked, stupid theories should be kept to oneself.
RICK CURTISS

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

IVED LIVED IN ASHLEYFALLS FOR MORE THAN 22 YEARS AND IVE KNOWN STACEY AND HER FAMILY MY WHOLE LIFE.MOSTLY EVERY ONE OF PATTYS KIDS HAVE SAT AT OUR DINNER TABLE MANY TIMES EITHER FOR BIRTHDAYS OR JUST SUPPER/STACEY WAS ALWAYS SHY BUT IF I HAD JUST THE RIGHT JOKE I COULD MAKE HER LAUGH.ONE TIME SHE COULDNT STOP AND THAT GOT ALL OF LAUGHING,ILL REMEMER IT ALWAYS.THE SULLIVAN FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT THROUGH THE YEARS,INCLUDING WATCHING THEIR HOUSE AND EVERYTHING THEY OWNED BURN TO THE GROUND, BUT THEY ALWATS CONTIUE TO SMILE.IF YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT STACEY LOOKED LIKE, YOU JUST LOOK AT HER MOM. THEY WERE IDENTICAL/ILL SEE YOU IN HEAVEN STACEY. I KNOW THAT YOUR SITTING RIGHT ALONG WITH SO MANY OTHER GOOD AND DECENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE GONE BEFORE ME,AND ALL MY LOVE GOES OUT TO PATTY , BILL AND THE 7 OTHER KIDS/ RICK CURTISS
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>If a car was going 95 mph and had an accident, one person would not be uninjured and two people would not be treated and released. So STFU.
It's likely going to be a long time before the State Police or whoever does accident reconstruction comes out with any findings as to the cause of this latest Berkshire tragedy.
The Statees have yet to release findings on the one-car accident in Lenox about a year ago which killed two young people, the restauranteur who was going to buy Pearl's in Great Barrington and his associate a young Monterey resident.
Kristine Malingowski

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

I am deeply saddened to hear of this terrible accident. We knew Stacy & her family when we attended Sheffield Chapel together. She was a little girl then and I remember what a sweetheart she was. She was shy but kind and always had a smile on her face. My prayers go out to her entire family. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the deep pain you are all feeling. May God hold you close.
Joe Friday

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
<quoted text>
It's likely going to be a long time before the State Police or whoever does accident reconstruction comes out with any findings as to the cause of this latest Berkshire tragedy.
The Statees have yet to release findings on the one-car accident in Lenox about a year ago which killed two young people, the restauranteur who was going to buy Pearl's in Great Barrington and his associate a young Monterey resident.
I have an engineer friend who does that sort of thing and the variables that have to be taken into consideration are unbelievable. To do it right takes an awful long time. My point was something altogether different. Speed very well could have been a factor here. The only people who know for certain now are the people in the car. I was responding to the notion the car was going 95 mph. If it was, you'd have more than one fatality, and if by the grace of God somebody did survive, they'd be in intensive care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sheffield Discussions

Search the Sheffield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 4 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,677
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Wed Kundrot dionkie 1,137
Great Barrington, Egremont property owners to p... Apr 20 Horse Stools 1
State officials urge Great Barrington selectmen... Mar 26 johnny rockets 5
former students of the desisto school in stockb... (Feb '11) Mar 25 david murray 31
Measure to require GMO labeling advances in Mas... Mar '14 DCF are Monsters 4
RadioShack to close 1,100 stores Mar '14 REAL TRUTH 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sheffield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sheffield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE