Sheffield Head-on crash hurts 2

Sheffield Head-on crash hurts 2

There are 52 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Sheffield Head-on crash hurts 2. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Police are investigating a two-car, head-on collision on Route 7 Friday afternoon that reportedly resulted in serious injuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yellow Rose

United States

#45 Feb 15, 2010
Are you doing OK marie?? And how is your brother?
marie

United States

#46 Feb 16, 2010
thanks everyone... im still a little shaken up. he is recovering from his injuries ok... he felt a lot better when i gave him the update on the other driver. sheffield pd will not release any more info to him regarding the other driver. he is currently in a wheelchair with a broken arm and leg on the left and a broken leg on the right. i have been in contact with a woman who has been active in the alanon community for 26 years and has given me some resources for myself and my niece... my brother feels very guilty for letting my niece down (she lives with me and only visits with her father about once a month) and has said he needs help and wants to try to go to 90 meetings in 90 days so i hope he is at least a step closer to his road to recovery. god bless you all. thank you for everything.
crw

United States

#47 Feb 18, 2010
i have no idea who this marie person is, but i am the mother of this mans ten year old daughter... all the info marie put in was true except that my daughter does not have an aunt named marie or an aunt in columbia county, and she lives with me, her mother. and i am very very concerned about all this information being available online... he did something wrong and was hurt and hurt someone else in the process... i feel like enough damage was done and now its all over the internet! marie: whoever you are, this is carissa, chloes mom... if you know chloe that means you know me. call me so we can talk.
EDIN

Hopatcong, NJ

#48 Feb 19, 2010
marie wrote:
thanks everyone... im still a little shaken up. he is recovering from his injuries ok... he felt a lot better when i gave him the update on the other driver. sheffield pd will not release any more info to him regarding the other driver. he is currently in a wheelchair with a broken arm and leg on the left and a broken leg on the right. i have been in contact with a woman who has been active in the alanon community for 26 years and has given me some resources for myself and my niece... my brother feels very guilty for letting my niece down (she lives with me and only visits with her father about once a month) and has said he needs help and wants to try to go to 90 meetings in 90 days so i hope he is at least a step closer to his road to recovery. god bless you all. thank you for everything.
Marie, you are way out of line. How dare you even mention Chole on here. If you had any concern for Ben or Chole, you are going about it in the wrong way. You are not Ben's sister and CHOLE, never ever lived with you. What kind of issues do you have to pretend to be someones sister, and aunt, which you are NOT. Marie, you dont need alanon meetingS you need psychiatric help. Who are you? DONT GIVE THIS "MARIE" ANY OF YOUR SYMPATHY, I PERSONALLY THINK SHE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SAD SYCOPHANT. I have advised the mother of Chole, to contact the police and i have also spoken to ben, about this "marie". Why would anyone want to "piggy back" on such a terrible tragedy? Marie, if this is how you show your concern for Ben and his beautiful, innocent, daughter, do his family a favor and stay away. MY name is EDIN and anyone who knows Ben knows me. I am not hiding my identity and i'm not spreading any lies like you are. MARIE, DONT YOU DARE SPEAK FOR CHOLE, SHE HAS A MOTHER THAT IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF SPEAKING FOR HER. AGAIN, MARIE, YOU AREA A SAD, SICK, AND LONELY, PERSON, WHO HAS INJECTED HERSELF INTO A TERRIBLE SITUATION JUST SO SHE CAN GET SYMPATHY FROM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET. HOW SAD IS THAT.
EDIN

Hopatcong, NJ

#49 Feb 19, 2010
marie wrote:
the driver in the car from ct was most likely drunk... and he was on his way to columbia co ny to pick up his 10 year old kid... drunk. nice dad.
who are you psycho? What kind of person interjects themselves into a terrible incident like this and asks for strangers sympathy? Ben's daughter doesn't live with you and she never has.
EDIN

Hopatcong, NJ

#50 Feb 19, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first entry "Marie" posted. Doesn't sound like she's out to set things right here and be the Good Samaritan. She attacked with "most likely drunk..." and made assumptions about his abilities as a father while the guy, as it turns out, sits broken in a hospital. Excuse me for questioning her motives. She comes on Topix like a big shot, and slanders her brother without having all the facts (most likely drunk??). Then when someone calls her on it, she gets all soft all of a sudden, citing that she has a brother in the hospital, and she's out to make the world a better place. I say, Nonsense. Her intent was malicious right from the beginning, and I'm surprised there aren't more people who see this the way I do. If she really cared so much about her "broken" brother, she wouldn't be spending all this time attacking him on Topix. Flag this.
Cynic is totally 100% correct. THIS marie, is nothing but a maggot how feeds on others pain and problems. MARIE, GO see a shrink and stay out of ben and his daughter's life.
AAMember

Troy, NY

#51 Feb 20, 2010
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>Please know that you have nothing to be ashamed of! If you are not involved in ALANON,get involved immediately!ALANON is a support group for family members of Alcoholics,they will help you deal with the stigma and all of the baggage that goes along with Alcoholism in the family!
Your Brother will only get well when he has reached HIS bottom! Lets hope this starts him on the lifelong road to continuing recovery!
Don't you feel pretty stupid now that this Marie person has been outed.
Yellow Rose

United States

#52 Feb 20, 2010
AAMember wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he? The advice he gave her was sound. He responded appropriately to what this poster was relaying. The fact that she may be an imposter has no bearing on the relevance of his advice. It was 100% on the mark for anyone experiencing the horrors of what alcoholism can do to a family. If she is an imposter the onus is on her, not ramden.
time to move on

Troy, NY

#53 Feb 20, 2010
I think the best thing caring people could do to help the family at this point is to stay out of their business. Everyone put in their two cents and now let's turn it back over to the people it affects and let them try to heal.

If you really care...leave them alone now.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

#54 Feb 20, 2010
AAMember wrote:
<quoted text>
No,perhaps Marie feels stupid,I do not know!
I feel like a recovering Alcoholic,who tries to give something back,goes out of my way to help others find the same sobriety I have!
EDIN

Hopatcong, NJ

#55 Feb 24, 2010
marie wrote:
we will find out who you are and then the fun will begin.
EDIN

Hopatcong, NJ

#56 Mar 7, 2010
marie wrote:
marie we have not forgotten your lies..... Come out come out where ever in upstate new york, you are. Marie, why are you injecting yourself into this awful accident. Marie, is this how you like to get attention? I wonder why you stopped posting and have not commented back? What kind of person pretends to directly involve themselves in a terrible accident and then ask for strangers sympathy? You got serious mental issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield City Council: Candidate steps up for... 10 hr Shakes My Head 6
News New Helen Moon Announces Candidacy For Pittsfie... Mar 22 Choochie 5
News ICE arrests Great Barrington man on decade-old ... Mar 20 Jose Dryback 66
News Feds: ATM skimmer admits stealing $127,000 Mar 19 Jose dry back 7
News It's serious when the coffeehouses close Mar 15 Cops are Degenerates 2
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) Mar 10 Shrinking shares 12
Erica Mello Murdered? (Oct '06) Mar 8 queencpt 27

Sheffield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance