Sheffield Head-on crash hurts 2

Police are investigating a two-car, head-on collision on Route 7 Friday afternoon that reportedly resulted in serious injuries. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#1 Feb 6, 2010
The response to the accident was fast. Nice job everyone involved with rescue.
N Westergate

Albany, NY

#2 Feb 6, 2010
Lots of head-ons in the news. Is this one of the 28% of accidents caused by distracted driving? You know, the type that we never hear reported as such.
marie

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2010
the driver in the car from ct was most likely drunk... and he was on his way to columbia co ny to pick up his 10 year old kid... drunk. nice dad.
MADD

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Marijuana not alcohol this time.
marie

San Francisco, CA

#5 Feb 6, 2010
it most certainly was alcohol... the ct driver told me so personally. also, he does not smoke marijuana. he is a severe alcoholic.
marie

Chatham, NY

#7 Feb 6, 2010
it was disclosed to me by the driver himself, as he is my brother. so i was the first person that the emt and bay state medical center in springfield notified regarding the accident. were you there cynic? how else would a head on collision occur on a straightaway in broad daylight with no precipitation?
South County

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Feb 6, 2010
marie wrote:
it was disclosed to me by the driver himself, as he is my brother. so i was the first person that the emt and bay state medical center in springfield notified regarding the accident. were you there cynic? how else would a head on collision occur on a straightaway in broad daylight with no precipitation?
Ohhhh. Good burn. Now who "shut up a little". Topix is so full of useless banter (i.e. this very post I am writing). I love it when someone who has some actual first hand info posts it here. Of course some people do lie, but I've gotta give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Thank you.
marie

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2010
South County wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh. Good burn. Now who "shut up a little". Topix is so full of useless banter (i.e. this very post I am writing). I love it when someone who has some actual first hand info posts it here. Of course some people do lie, but I've gotta give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Thank you.
thank you. and i also would like to say i am ashamed that his poor judgement affected the lives of others. i havent heard anything regarding the occuppant/occupants of the other vehicle. and id especially like to thank ''john'' of southern berkshire vol rescue squad for calling and notifying me and also for asking for any relevant medical info as my brother is a severe asthmatic requiring the regular use of a nebulizer so they were able to give him a breathing treatment on scene. i just wish he used his head and didnt drive like that... the residents of sheffield do not deserve that in their town.
marie

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2010
i am a responsible grown adult who doesnt go driving drunk on roads i dont know. this is local news. i am only 14 miles away and drive these roads all the time. it is important for the locals involved to be informed and thanked. cynic, you are being childish. this was a very serious ordeal that affected traffic patterns in the community for hours, people were taken to trauma centers via helicopters and your witty retort is ''shut up''. i pray that nothing like this ever affects you or your loved ones.
marie

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2010
Cynic wrote:
So did you make sure you filed this heroic report to the police, you big hero? Don't pray for me, loser. I don't want you on my side.
yes. i made sure that i, while not on scene, filed the report to the police who were on scene... and its nice that youre calling someone a loser who has a broken brother in the hospital and his 10 year old daughter distraught, disappointed and upset. you are very rude and apathetic.
anonymous cause of cynics

United States

#14 Feb 7, 2010
marie wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. i made sure that i, while not on scene, filed the report to the police who were on scene... and its nice that youre calling someone a loser who has a broken brother in the hospital and his 10 year old daughter distraught, disappointed and upset. you are very rude and apathetic.
I hope you all flag cynic for his inappropriate responses and violation of
the terms of use of topix. also tell topix and the eagle they should require names and
addresses for people to post, otherwise you get people like cynic commenting with nothing to offer and just mean, angry crap
Yellow Rose

United States

#15 Feb 7, 2010
MADD wrote:
Marijuana not alcohol this time.
Never happen.
Cynic

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 7, 2010
marie wrote:
the driver in the car from ct was most likely drunk... and he was on his way to columbia co ny to pick up his 10 year old kid... drunk. nice dad.
This is the first entry "Marie" posted. Doesn't sound like she's out to set things right here and be the Good Samaritan. She attacked with "most likely drunk..." and made assumptions about his abilities as a father while the guy, as it turns out, sits broken in a hospital. Excuse me for questioning her motives. She comes on Topix like a big shot, and slanders her brother without having all the facts (most likely drunk??). Then when someone calls her on it, she gets all soft all of a sudden, citing that she has a brother in the hospital, and she's out to make the world a better place. I say, Nonsense. Her intent was malicious right from the beginning, and I'm surprised there aren't more people who see this the way I do. If she really cared so much about her "broken" brother, she wouldn't be spending all this time attacking him on Topix. Flag this.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first entry "Marie" posted. Doesn't sound like she's out to set things right here and be the Good Samaritan. She attacked with "most likely drunk..." and made assumptions about his abilities as a father while the guy, as it turns out, sits broken in a hospital. Excuse me for questioning her motives. She comes on Topix like a big shot, and slanders her brother without having all the facts (most likely drunk??). Then when someone calls her on it, she gets all soft all of a sudden, citing that she has a brother in the hospital, and she's out to make the world a better place. I say, Nonsense. Her intent was malicious right from the beginning, and I'm surprised there aren't more people who see this the way I do. If she really cared so much about her "broken" brother, she wouldn't be spending all this time attacking him on Topix. Flag this.
She tells the truth and you call it an attack!
You are probably in denial yourself!
No one ever did an Alcoholic a favor by enabling their disease! Marie has experienced the pain that an active Alcoholic brings to the people whos lives they touch!
SEMPER FI Marie,do not abandon your brother,but do not enable either!
Yellow Rose

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2010
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>She tells the truth and you call it an attack!
You are probably in denial yourself!
No one ever did an Alcoholic a favor by enabling their disease! Marie has experienced the pain that an active Alcoholic brings to the people whos lives they touch!
SEMPER FI Marie,do not abandon your brother,but do not enable either!
I agree totally. It is a heinous disease, but to enable it by ignoring or excusing it never works. Hang in there Marie, it takes tough love but it can be done.
frankthepug

Adams, MA

#19 Feb 7, 2010
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Cynic, you sound like an immature know-it-all who can't stand someone else having more info on any given subject. Oh, and you must always have the last word. Go ahead, reply and prove I'm right.
Cynic

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 7, 2010
There's a huge gulf between ignoring it and airing your family's laundry on the community discussion board. What posts are you two reading, exactly? I'm not excusing any of his behavior; I'm questioning hers. Now she has a ten year old neice who'll be pitied because Auntie Old Maid decided to set the record straight on Topix. Maybe you'd like to tell us how your brother acquired his alcoholism. Did you guys have alcoholic parents? Were you beaten as children? Why not tell us the whole story? You can text us from the hospital if you want, maybe have your ten year old niece help navigate through the logistics of it, so she can help you bury your own brother.
Cynic

Chicago, IL

#21 Feb 7, 2010
frankthepug wrote:
<quoted text>
Cynic, you sound like an immature know-it-all who can't stand someone else having more info on any given subject. Oh, and you must always have the last word. Go ahead, reply and prove I'm right.
Keep saying stupid things, and I'll keep coming back.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

#22 Feb 7, 2010
Cynic wrote:
There's a huge gulf between ignoring it and airing your family's laundry on the community discussion board. What posts are you two reading, exactly? I'm not excusing any of his behavior; I'm questioning hers. Now she has a ten year old neice who'll be pitied because Auntie Old Maid decided to set the record straight on Topix. Maybe you'd like to tell us how your brother acquired his alcoholism. Did you guys have alcoholic parents? Were you beaten as children? Why not tell us the whole story? You can text us from the hospital if you want, maybe have your ten year old niece help navigate through the logistics of it, so she can help you bury your own brother.
From the sounds of your posts you were abandoned and ridiculed by your family! When did you first suspect that you were an Alcoholic?
Better she air the laundry in public than bury it in excuses!
No one can definitively identify the cause of one being an Alcoholic! I hope the family is involved with ALANON,if they are not they should be,if they are,keep going!
stabulus

United States

#23 Feb 7, 2010
Sounds like Cynic needs to address some anger issues. I didn't see where Marie was off base with her comments here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rat population on rise in Berkshires, pest cont... 9 hr Ratso Rizzo 2
Great Barrington: Democratic Committee to meet ... Wed Obama is finished 1
Three area schools fall below suggested minimum... Mar 3 Whinny the Pooh 3
please vote for smart meter moratorium March 2 ... Feb 24 Patricia Burke 1
Berkshires prepare to celebrate the Year of the... Feb 20 Obama is finished 1
Berkshire residents dealing with life below zero Feb 17 falltime 3
Berkshire nonprofit to hold fuel-assistance con... Feb 13 Praxis33 2
Sheffield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web