Patrick stumps at local eatery n The governor is greeted by a g...

There are 22 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Apr 11, 2010, titled Patrick stumps at local eatery n The governor is greeted by a g.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Greeted with almost revival-like emotion from a crowd of more than 100 supporters, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#22 Apr 12, 2010
Chris Horton wrote:
Patrick sounds so reasonable and asks for our understanding, as our state is being wrecked by the corporations he came from. His Democratic challenger Grace Ross has a plan, which includes rolling back the sales tax increase, halting the giveaway of tax dollars to corporations which then ship our jobs out of state anyway, and rescinding all the tax cuts on the corporations and the wealthy from the past two decades.
Fifteen years ago the corporations paid 20% of Massachusetts taxes, today they pay 4%. That would pay for a lot of library staff hours!
No country or empire has ever taxed their way out of a recession in written history. Lower taxes = more jobs and better pay. Higher taxes = moving trucks going to states with lower taxes. Texas has the best economy in the US and has no income tax and lower property taxes than most states, including MA
They Know

Clifton Park, NY

#23 Apr 13, 2010
oh come on wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no way you could've been there and think there were only 15 supporters. There were tons of people there.....and most of them signed the governor's papers, so that would make them supporters in my book.
I was there...there were a bunch of people already there, eating that wanted nothing to do with him. There were some outside when he pulled up, with his State Police detail...they had signs...there were a bunch there protesting...and you might want to check the signatures...I signed but I signed Voted For Muffy. Which then voids the whole sheet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-chief Buffis pleads not guilty in federal court (Aug '13) May 20 cops are liars an... 20
News Brian Joyce thrives at the edge of a fuzzy boun... May 10 Tony DeLong 1
News Western Massachusetts Labor Action continues it... (Jun '08) May 8 amante del sol 46
News Alan Chartock: Well-heeled haters ought not lam... May 4 sundance42004 1
News Lenox Friendly's closes abruptly May 1 Crank Patrol 3
News South Berkshire talk covers warning signs, trea... Apr '15 junkies are scum 5
former students of the desisto school in stockb... (Feb '11) Apr '15 Jamie Ferro 42
More from around the web

Sheffield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]