Patrick stumps at local eatery n The ...

Patrick stumps at local eatery n The governor is greeted by a g...

There are 22 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Apr 11, 2010, titled Patrick stumps at local eatery n The governor is greeted by a g.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Greeted with almost revival-like emotion from a crowd of more than 100 supporters, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Rockville, MD

#1 Apr 12, 2010
100 Supporters?
Are you sure some of those being counted as supporters were not actually waitstaff paid to be at Riverbend Cafe on Sunday?
Given that 50 people were outside picketing, it's likely Barack Obama's next ambassador to the British Virgin Islands will be glad when his disastrous term as Governor is over.
Ah, to be a Liberal Democrat in Massachusetts on Election Day, 2010.
Does life get any better?

Rockville, MD

#2 Apr 12, 2010
Oh yeah, and how many of that 100 inside the restaurant being counted as Patrick supporters happen to be there not because of the Governor but because they eat there every Sunday for breakfast?
Deval Patrick is a one-term governor and every Democrat in the state already knows it.
Eddie

Atlantic City, NJ

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Good-bye Patrick. This is your last term.

Averill Park, NY

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Dave

Adams, MA

#5 Apr 12, 2010
Just a little humorous to hear that Jimmy Roberto was there to introduce him.

OhMy

AOL

#6 Apr 12, 2010
He is a one term Governor .. Just like the President...
both of them have the "gift of gab".. they know how to talk---but they do not have the experience to "get things done".

Patrick is afraid of the unions ..
If a union says "do"; Patrick says "yes, and how much" ..
favorite son

Easthampton, MA

#7 Apr 12, 2010
Dave wrote:
Yes, but I like that Ruberto admitted that the Governor, who has had a summer home in the Berkshires for about four years, knows the area better than Ruberto does: "And seldom do we see someone who knows Berkshire County as well as or better than some of us here," said Ruberto.

I like Patrick. He's put up with a lot of resistance and nastiness from the legislature, which was used to calling all the shots under the Republican governors. Reform is slow, but Patrick will keep making progress if we don't replace him with a born political hack (Cahill) or a hollow health-care industry apologist (Baker).

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Well it looks like Deval won't be saving any libraries anytime soon, so there goes his chance to take Housatonic and Sheffield.
Spider

Bolton Landing, NY

#9 Apr 12, 2010
He has angered police depts. around the state as well as state police and corrections officers. Just those groups alone (include their families and friends) have tremendous lobbying power.

He'll never get in again!
They Know

Adams, MA

#10 Apr 12, 2010
Spider wrote:
He has angered police depts. around the state as well as state police and corrections officers. Just those groups alone (include their families and friends) have tremendous lobbying power.
He'll never get in again!
Those same groups should have listened to their membership last time. The memberships of all those groups, save maybe the Chief's group (who were for him) were against him but their heads were for him...big mistake!
They Know

Adams, MA

#11 Apr 12, 2010
I was at this, there were more like 15 supporters all of which were more like tea party folks...called in for the "event". They even had signs.
The Berkshire Eagle seems to even inflate the news for Patrick...
maryT

North Adams, MA

#12 Apr 12, 2010
Dave wrote:
yes, this explains why he wouldn't help me here in Pittsfield!
Spider

Bolton Landing, NY

#13 Apr 12, 2010
They Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Those same groups should have listened to their membership last time. The memberships of all those groups, save maybe the Chief's group (who were for him) were against him but their heads were for him...big mistake!
Just as many who voted for Obama would never do it again!
oh come on

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#15 Apr 12, 2010
They Know wrote:
I was at this, there were more like 15 supporters all of which were more like tea party folks...called in for the "event". They even had signs.
The Berkshire Eagle seems to even inflate the news for Patrick...
There's no way you could've been there and think there were only 15 supporters. There were tons of people there.....and most of them signed the governor's papers, so that would make them supporters in my book.
bad company

Troy, NY

#16 Apr 12, 2010
He is a very good friend and supporter of Ruberto. Which in of itself is enough reason for me not to vote for him. voters remember...Patrick is GOOD FRIENDS WITH RUBERTO!!! BOSOM BUDDIES IN FACT. TWO PEAS IN A POD
maryT

North Adams, MA

#17 Apr 12, 2010
bad company wrote:
He is a very good friend and supporter of Ruberto. Which in of itself is enough reason for me not to vote for him. voters remember...Patrick is GOOD FRIENDS WITH RUBERTO!!! BOSOM BUDDIES IN FACT. TWO PEAS IN A POD
birds of a feather do flock together!
Beacon Hill MOB

Devault, PA

#18 Apr 12, 2010
How many of his overpaid and unneeded STAFF, have taken cuts/layoffs???

Look at what the Beacon HIll PIG is paying them!!!! Oink Oink Oink !!!

P.S. Luxury home in RICHmond for sale CHEAP, Dec 2010!!!
Chris Horton

Worcester, MA

#19 Apr 12, 2010
Patrick sounds so reasonable and asks for our understanding, as our state is being wrecked by the corporations he came from. His Democratic challenger Grace Ross has a plan, which includes rolling back the sales tax increase, halting the giveaway of tax dollars to corporations which then ship our jobs out of state anyway, and rescinding all the tax cuts on the corporations and the wealthy from the past two decades.

Fifteen years ago the corporations paid 20% of Massachusetts taxes, today they pay 4%. That would pay for a lot of library staff hours!
IRA_Pittsfield

North Adams, MA

#20 Apr 12, 2010
Now we know why Our mayor hired his twin Barrett --he,s to busy ****** up to Deval,s coat-tails. Jimmy boy-- Deval is a one-and-done like his buddy Obama. I pray some day Pittsfield cans you . You ruined a business in Texas and your sinking Pittsfield (every building will have MUREL on it though) and you don,t have the ****s to fire your dept. heads that can,t do their jobs ( like you) .

Rockville, MD

#21 Apr 12, 2010
Chris Horton wrote:
Patrick sounds so reasonable and asks for our understanding, as our state is being wrecked by the corporations he came from. His Democratic challenger Grace Ross has a plan, which includes rolling back the sales tax increase, halting the giveaway of tax dollars to corporations which then ship our jobs out of state anyway, and rescinding all the tax cuts on the corporations and the wealthy from the past two decades.
Fifteen years ago the corporations paid 20% of Massachusetts taxes, today they pay 4%. That would pay for a lot of library staff hours!
Sound to me like taxes on individuals have gone too high.
Rather than increase corporate taxation why not simply lower individual taxes and cut state spending drastically -- like firing half of those who work for the state and cutting state pensions 40%.
Remember, UMASS pays its president one of the highest salaries in the nation while Billy Bulger collects $200G's annually in his state pension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City Council panel backs ballot question to fun... 11 hr DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
News Always play it safe (Dec '09) Jul 24 cops are degenerates 70
News Citizens unite to talk race, peace and hope Jul 19 dummies 9
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Jul 12 Lauren M 35
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Jun 29 Golf club 3
News Two more indicted in former Eagleton School abu... Jun '16 DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) Jun '16 For OPECs eyes only 2

Sheffield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Mortgages