Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30813 Jun 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, since we are both working men, let's take a look at the rightwing union busting ploy that is "right-to-work" and compare those states to states with strong unions. Sorry if these proven facts are from right now and not 1974, but you never cared about facts much anyway...
In right to work states, employees enjoy $5,333 less a year than the free bargaining states.
In right to work states, 21% more people have no health insurance at all compared to free bargaining states.
Workers in right to work states enjoy a 51% increase in job related fatalities, than compared to union protected states.
In right to work states, employees enjoy the luxury of a 12.5% poverty rate, compared to a 10.2% poverty rate in states that are free bargaining states.
A February 2011 study by the Economic Policy Institute found:[16]

In 2009, the unemployment rate was 1.0 percentage points lower in RTW states than states without the legislation. In RTW states, it was 8.6%, In other states it was 9.6%.[16]

Wages in right-to-work states are 3.2% lower than those in non-RTW states, after controlling for a full complement of individual demographic and socioeconomic variables as well as state macroeconomic indicators. Using the average wage in non-RTW states as the base ($22.11), the average full-time, full-year worker in an RTW state makes about $1,500 less annually than a similar worker in a non-RTW state. The study goes on to say "How much of this difference can be attributed to RTW status itself? There is an inherent “endogeneity” problem in any attempt to answer that question, namely that RTW and non-RTW states differ on a wide variety of measures that are also related to compensation, making it difficult to isolate the impact of RTW status."[16]

The rate of employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) is 2.6 percentage points lower in RTW states compared with non-RTW states, after controlling for individual, job, and state-level characteristics. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive ESI at this lower rate, 2 million fewer workers nationally would be covered.

The rate of employer-sponsored pensions is 4.8 percentage points lower in RTW states, using the full complement of control variables in [the study's] regression model. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive pensions at this lower rate, 3.8 million fewer workers nationally would have pensions.

A 2008 editorial in the pro-business periodical The Wall Street Journal comparing job growth in Ohio and Texas stated that from 1998 to 2008, Ohio lost 10,400 jobs, while Texas gained 1,615,000. The opinion piece suggested right-to-work laws might be among the reasons for the economic expansion in Texas, along with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and the absence of a state income tax in Texas.[29] Another Wall Street Journal editorial in 2012, by the president and the labor policy director of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, reported 71% employment growth in right-to-work states from 1980 to 2011, while employment in non-right-to-work states grew just 32% during the same period.[30] The 2012 editorial also stated that since 2001, compensation in right-to-work states had increased 4 times faster than in other states.[30]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-to-work_la...
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#30814 Jun 30, 2014
Look at that diabetic, overpaid, chain smoking trucker go...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30815 Jun 30, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
What you want is someone you can pretend you are superior to. You are running out of options. You know that if we start treating Hispanics as human beings you will be at the absolute bottom of the barrel.
And what do you mean by not treating them as human beings? Give us a few examples.

This is the United States of America. As such, we have had millions of people come to this country to become Americans, and, they did it the legal way.

A country as great as the United States does not have to pander to anybody--particularly those who find our laws too inconvenient to obey. That is of course unless you are a liberal Democrat that knows full well Hispanics typically vote liberal when they are legally allowed to vote.

Yes, like all of us here, my ancestors came to this country for a better life, but again, obeying the rules in place at the time. When they got here, they didn't expect Americans to learn their language. They learned English. They didn't expect the US to change their regulations to accommodate them. They obeyed our laws. They didn't protest in front of courts or city halls stating this was their country, and they were taking it back. Instead, they felt blessed that a great country like this would give them such a unique opportunity. They didn't come here--work, and then send their money home. They became Americans and contributed to our society and economy.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30816 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you mean by not treating them as human beings? Give us a few examples.
This is the United States of America. As such, we have had millions of people come to this country to become Americans, and, they did it the legal way.
A country as great as the United States does not have to pander to anybody--particularly those who find our laws too inconvenient to obey. That is of course unless you are a liberal Democrat that knows full well Hispanics typically vote liberal when they are legally allowed to vote.
Yes, like all of us here, my ancestors came to this country for a better life, but again, obeying the rules in place at the time. When they got here, they didn't expect Americans to learn their language. They learned English. They didn't expect the US to change their regulations to accommodate them. They obeyed our laws. They didn't protest in front of courts or city halls stating this was their country, and they were taking it back. Instead, they felt blessed that a great country like this would give them such a unique opportunity. They didn't come here--work, and then send their money home. They became Americans and contributed to our society and economy.
You will never understand.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30817 Jun 30, 2014
half breed wrote:
You forgot slumlord.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30818 Jun 30, 2014
half breed wrote:
Look at that government dependent, unemployed, troll shoot his mouth off.

But then again, what else is there to do in Van Fart Ohio?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30819 Jun 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What regulations do you want government to enforce that are not being enforced now?
<quoted text>
Who is the politician that is doing that? Unless you are talking about expanding H-1B visas, which Republicans have advocated.
"Four senators, led by Orrin G. Hatch, a Republican from Utah, introduced a bill on Tuesday that would greatly increase the number of temporary visas available for those immigrants, and would also free up permanent resident visas, known as green cards, so more of those immigrants could settle in the United States and eventually become citizens."
http://www.americanbazaaronline.com/2013/01/2...
I still don't understand why you think that you are worth more than a "foreigner". If they are willing to do the same job for less than you are, that is good for business. Sure, that might put you out of work, but that's just the free markets in action, right? Who are you to tell companies that they should pay workers more? You have obviously been over-paid for years, if others are willing to work for less.
Good. Then when it gets icy outside, you drive in front of one of those foreigners that can't read a word of English. Do you know what people do when they have a job that pays by the load or by the mile? They drive faster because they are working at such a low rate of pay. They have to make good time in order to survive.

But hey! These people come here and put ten of their family members in a two bedroom home. That's good for the neighborhood. Hopefully they move into your neighborhood real soon.

These foreigners don't have nearly my experience or driving record. See, I know I have to be careful because if I get too many points or lose my license, that's all I have. Foreigners? When they get too many points because of accidents and tickets, they just move back home and no big deal. They made their money and that's all they wanted.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30820 Jun 30, 2014
<quoted text>
You will never understand.
Oh, I can understand. It's just that I have to keep remembering to push 1 for English to understand.

You Surrender First liberals will be the end of this country yet.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30821 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions were good at one time. Then they became too strong so to the point they were running the companies their members worked for.
Unions began telling companies who was going to get promoted and who wasn't. Unions began telling companies who was getting raises and when. Unions were telling companies where they were allowed to expand and where they weren't. Unions became too strong.
Reagan like many Americans began to realize the damage unions were doing to this country instead of just the good. It became apparent that the gravy train wouldn't last forever. It couldn't.
How did I become anti-union? I worked with them. They were our customers which are now either out of business of moved out of the country or state. They were my neighbors and friends. I have enough union stories to take an entire page on Topix. None of them good either.
I can agree that unions have become ineffective in their current form but the alternative of siding with big corp has never been in working middle class people's best interests. The solution? Union 2.0 Nationwide solidarity.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30822 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Then when it gets icy outside, you drive in front of one of those foreigners that can't read a word of English. Do you know what people do when they have a job that pays by the load or by the mile? They drive faster because they are working at such a low rate of pay. They have to make good time in order to survive.
But hey! These people come here and put ten of their family members in a two bedroom home. That's good for the neighborhood. Hopefully they move into your neighborhood real soon.
These foreigners don't have nearly my experience or driving record. See, I know I have to be careful because if I get too many points or lose my license, that's all I have. Foreigners? When they get too many points because of accidents and tickets, they just move back home and no big deal. They made their money and that's all they wanted.
Whoa...whoa. Slow down there little Hitler. This nation was built by foreigners. You and yours are foreign. Unless of course you are 100%, Native American.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#30823 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I have a job, and I don't take government assistance. AND I can afford to pay for my own insurance, unlike some uneducated, overpaid truck driver who thinks he's a weather expert.
Now get back to playing the victim, lil diabetic moocher trucker buddy. Blame blame blame someone else... LOL
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30824 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Van Fart. Oooooooooooh. You showed him.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30825 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting worse by the day. You better go check, I bet there is a kid on your lawn.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30826 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I can understand. It's just that I have to keep remembering to push 1 for English to understand.
You Surrender First liberals will be the end of this country yet.
You have a hard time remembering which button is the one is my guess.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30827 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
But that will be fixed by the free market, right? Without government or union interference, companies will always do the right thing, won't they? Of course, if necessary, we could have death penalty for truck drivers the violate the speed limit...

You know, I'm really starting to understand your conservative point of view!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30828 Jun 30, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Um, I have a job, and I don't take government assistance. AND I can afford to pay for my own insurance, unlike some uneducated, overpaid truck driver who thinks he's a weather expert.
Now get back to playing the victim, lil diabetic moocher trucker buddy. Blame blame blame someone else... LOL
And you can go back under your bridge you troll. Every time you get kicked out of the teen chat room, you come here with your childish liberal insults. Go away boy, go away.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30829 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can go back under your bridge you troll. Every time you get kicked out of the teen chat room, you come here with your childish liberal insults. Go away boy, go away.
You mean like "Van Fart"?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30830 Jun 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa...whoa. Slow down there little Hitler. This nation was built by foreigners. You and yours are foreign. Unless of course you are 100%, Native American.
I have on problem with foreigners. Like you said, our ancestors were all foreigners. But our ancestors came here to become Americans, not to change America.

I come across a lot of these people and they nearly laugh in our face. I see them in waiting rooms at our stops. Of course, we always strike up conversations, and these guys tell it like it is. They have nothing to hide or fear.

They come here, make money and ship it back home. They have no intention of becoming Americans, it's just that there is no work in their country. They get work visas, green cards or get on some other program, and they come here when they run out of money.

Others are so bad that they can only speak a few words of English. At one of our stops, the receiving girl tells me it's so aggravating trying to explain to these foreign drivers what to do. They tell the guy "Drop your trailer in door 43, come back in here and bring in your paperwork." The guy just stands there looking dumb, and then the girl has to go word by word trying to get through to the guy, and the rest of us are waiting behind him at the window trying to get the day over with.

Because they can' speak a lick of English, they drive using GPS units. That's fine if you are at least familiar with the map or where a highway divides. But they don't know that stuff. They don't know how to read a map or what it says. So when the GPS tells them to get over three lanes to switch highways at the last second, these jokers swerve over three lanes nearly hitting other vehicles.

Like I said, I have no problem with foreigners that want to become Americans and do things the legal way. I was born in a part of the city with a lot of foreigners. It's now called Slavic Village and I lived there until I was eight years old when we moved to the suburbs.

Of course back in the 60's, we didn't have the internet, computers or language tapes. Hell, we didn't have any tapes or tape playing machines. The foreigners enrolled in English classes, learned from other members of our community, and studied night and day. It was that important to them. My sister taught one of our neighbor girls how to speak English when she was five years old. She only spoke Polish. After high school, she went to collage and became a medical Doctor. They still stay in touch every now and then.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#30831 Jun 30, 2014
<quoted text> You mean like "Van Fart"?
He's allowed to make ignorant blanket statements like "liberals are all commies" and "most blacks are too dumb to understand politics", but if someone pegs him as a self destructive, uneducated, greedy slumlord thug, it's a "childish insult".
Gotta love that conservative double standard, eh?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30832 Jun 30, 2014
<quoted text> You mean like "Van Fart"?
I respond in like to the way I am addressed. I never throw the first punch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Block watch protests Lorain store Jul 27 Hometown Advocate 1
Loud noise Jul 20 jay 4
female seeking detailed rp with guys only Jul 19 ms rp lady 1
who is happy chad granger marks has moved out o... Jul 19 JustSaying 4
PaulPelton--Scumbag.... Jul 18 PaulPeltonIsTrash 1
Debate: Marijuana - Elyria, OH (Aug '10) Jul 13 Melissa 18
The Rise and Fall of a City Jul 13 bimm63 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages