Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30828 Jun 30, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Um, I have a job, and I don't take government assistance. AND I can afford to pay for my own insurance, unlike some uneducated, overpaid truck driver who thinks he's a weather expert.
Now get back to playing the victim, lil diabetic moocher trucker buddy. Blame blame blame someone else... LOL
And you can go back under your bridge you troll. Every time you get kicked out of the teen chat room, you come here with your childish liberal insults. Go away boy, go away.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#30829 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can go back under your bridge you troll. Every time you get kicked out of the teen chat room, you come here with your childish liberal insults. Go away boy, go away.
You mean like "Van Fart"?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30830 Jun 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa...whoa. Slow down there little Hitler. This nation was built by foreigners. You and yours are foreign. Unless of course you are 100%, Native American.
I have on problem with foreigners. Like you said, our ancestors were all foreigners. But our ancestors came here to become Americans, not to change America.

I come across a lot of these people and they nearly laugh in our face. I see them in waiting rooms at our stops. Of course, we always strike up conversations, and these guys tell it like it is. They have nothing to hide or fear.

They come here, make money and ship it back home. They have no intention of becoming Americans, it's just that there is no work in their country. They get work visas, green cards or get on some other program, and they come here when they run out of money.

Others are so bad that they can only speak a few words of English. At one of our stops, the receiving girl tells me it's so aggravating trying to explain to these foreign drivers what to do. They tell the guy "Drop your trailer in door 43, come back in here and bring in your paperwork." The guy just stands there looking dumb, and then the girl has to go word by word trying to get through to the guy, and the rest of us are waiting behind him at the window trying to get the day over with.

Because they can' speak a lick of English, they drive using GPS units. That's fine if you are at least familiar with the map or where a highway divides. But they don't know that stuff. They don't know how to read a map or what it says. So when the GPS tells them to get over three lanes to switch highways at the last second, these jokers swerve over three lanes nearly hitting other vehicles.

Like I said, I have no problem with foreigners that want to become Americans and do things the legal way. I was born in a part of the city with a lot of foreigners. It's now called Slavic Village and I lived there until I was eight years old when we moved to the suburbs.

Of course back in the 60's, we didn't have the internet, computers or language tapes. Hell, we didn't have any tapes or tape playing machines. The foreigners enrolled in English classes, learned from other members of our community, and studied night and day. It was that important to them. My sister taught one of our neighbor girls how to speak English when she was five years old. She only spoke Polish. After high school, she went to collage and became a medical Doctor. They still stay in touch every now and then.
half breed

Lima, OH

#30831 Jun 30, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text> You mean like "Van Fart"?
He's allowed to make ignorant blanket statements like "liberals are all commies" and "most blacks are too dumb to understand politics", but if someone pegs him as a self destructive, uneducated, greedy slumlord thug, it's a "childish insult".
Gotta love that conservative double standard, eh?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30832 Jun 30, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text> You mean like "Van Fart"?
I respond in like to the way I am addressed. I never throw the first punch.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30833 Jun 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
But that will be fixed by the free market, right? Without government or union interference, companies will always do the right thing, won't they? Of course, if necessary, we could have death penalty for truck drivers the violate the speed limit...
You know, I'm really starting to understand your conservative point of view!
The Free Market is not bringing in foreigners to take over American jobs.

Our system of employment works very well as a supply and demand operation. Workers are paid money by their skills and/or lack of people to do the job. If the jobs cannot attract workers, they have to increase the pay or benefits in order to attract them.

It's a perfect system until you throw monkey wrenches into the works like social programs, foreigners or unions. It upsets the apple cart and system no longer works like a well oiled machine.

Unions work to have workers overpaid. Foreigners work to have other workers underpaid, and government gives incentives so that they don't have to worry about getting paid.

But left on it's own with no interruptions, supply and demand is the ultimate system for both employers and employees. Everything balances out because there is no cheating.
half breed

Lima, OH

#30834 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I respond in like to the way I am addressed. I never throw the first punch.
So in other words, "It's someone else's fault, not mine". Again...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#30835 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I have on problem with foreigners. Like you said, our ancestors were all foreigners. But our ancestors came here to become Americans, not to change America.
I come across a lot of these people and they nearly laugh in our face. I see them in waiting rooms at our stops. Of course, we always strike up conversations, and these guys tell it like it is. They have nothing to hide or fear.
They come here, make money and ship it back home. They have no intention of becoming Americans, it's just that there is no work in their country. They get work visas, green cards or get on some other program, and they come here when they run out of money.
Others are so bad that they can only speak a few words of English. At one of our stops, the receiving girl tells me it's so aggravating trying to explain to these foreign drivers what to do. They tell the guy "Drop your trailer in door 43, come back in here and bring in your paperwork." The guy just stands there looking dumb, and then the girl has to go word by word trying to get through to the guy, and the rest of us are waiting behind him at the window trying to get the day over with.
Because they can' speak a lick of English, they drive using GPS units. That's fine if you are at least familiar with the map or where a highway divides. But they don't know that stuff. They don't know how to read a map or what it says. So when the GPS tells them to get over three lanes to switch highways at the last second, these jokers swerve over three lanes nearly hitting other vehicles.
Like I said, I have no problem with foreigners that want to become Americans and do things the legal way. I was born in a part of the city with a lot of foreigners. It's now called Slavic Village and I lived there until I was eight years old when we moved to the suburbs.
Of course back in the 60's, we didn't have the internet, computers or language tapes. Hell, we didn't have any tapes or tape playing machines. The foreigners enrolled in English classes, learned from other members of our community, and studied night and day. It was that important to them. My sister taught one of our neighbor girls how to speak English when she was five years old. She only spoke Polish. After high school, she went to collage and became a medical Doctor. They still stay in touch every now and then.
Wow. Those people who can't even speak English can do your job. No wonder you are so afraid.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30836 Jun 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be your perception, Pops, but white males still make more money:
"As of 2009, the median weekly wage for African American and Hispanic workers was about 65 percent and 61 percent that of White workers, respectively."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_wage_gap_...
That is my perception But I am not disgruntled about it. All of life is not fair. And I have been the specific loser of reverse discrimination. One was a case of work place discrimination that I took to a lawyer. She said, "you have a lawful case but you are the wrong race & gender to win." I knew what she meant & just went on. Then there's the WIC story that I posted earlier. There are 2 other experiences that I have had I be redundant.
I may be niave but I believe that many specific cases that are attributed to racism, may be just or even more accurately caused by cultural or behavior differences . There are tendencies for different groups to listen to diff music, drive diff cars, clothes, hair styles, speech patterns, etc & that's just fine.
Just about everyone knows this. When One of my sons was job hunting, he dressed as he typically would in the casual style of his day. I told him that he should dress up (simply meaning better than casual). He replied that that was the way all of his friends dressed. I agreed with him & added, "that's why you should dress better, that's who you are competing with for the jobs."
You & I & others have been around long enough to know that the business world & the social/casual world are NOT the same. So we need to behave/play & just flat out be different in each of those worlds or quit complaining. A few axioms come to mind as examples but I would likely word them wrong so I'll spare you....& myself. lol
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#30837 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The Free Market is not bringing in foreigners to take over American jobs.
Our system of employment works very well as a supply and demand operation. Workers are paid money by their skills and/or lack of people to do the job. If the jobs cannot attract workers, they have to increase the pay or benefits in order to attract them.
It's a perfect system until you throw monkey wrenches into the works like social programs, foreigners or unions. It upsets the apple cart and system no longer works like a well oiled machine.
Unions work to have workers overpaid. Foreigners work to have other workers underpaid, and government gives incentives so that they don't have to worry about getting paid.
But left on it's own with no interruptions, supply and demand is the ultimate system for both employers and employees. Everything balances out because there is no cheating.
Such a crybaby, overweight total Limpbaugh BABOON! You are just STUPID.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30838 Jun 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"WIC WELCOMES DADS
We want you to be an active part of the WIC Nutrition Program. WIC values the important role you have in the life of your child. You can apply for your children under the age of five and bring them to their appointments. You can be a single dad or a married dad. You can be a working dad - ask your local WIC office about early morning, evening or lunchtime appointments. "
http://health.utah.gov/wic/dads.html
NOT in the eighties. Believe me, I was there. But I realize that I was a front runner & set the mood & motions for the improvements.
It didn't my sons then someone has to be the first on the beach.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30839 Jun 30, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Such a crybaby, overweight total Limpbaugh BABOON! You are just STUPID.
And you are just a troll. Why don't you hook up with your boyfriend Half-Ahardon and have kids together or something.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30840 Jun 30, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> NOT in the eighties. Believe me, I was there. But I realize that I was a front runner & set the mood & motions for the improvements.
It didn't my sons then someone has to be the first on the beach.
Correct, it was worse for white men years ago.

In the later 70's a friend of mine got his girlfriend pregnant. They were both underage and ran off to Florida. The cops caught up with them and hauled them back to Cleveland.

After the baby was born, their plans to live together and eventually marry took a turn when she decided to terminate their relationship. Not only the relationship, but to put the baby up for adoption.

He spend every last dime he had plus borrowed money and money his family gave him to fight to keep his very own son. The courts would have none of it. At the time, he was together with my sister and they eventually married. She went to court and told the judge they would push up their plans and she would raise the child as one of her own.

The court would have none of that. The judge had that baby stripped out of his arms and shipped the child off for adoption because that was the mothers desire.

Last year my ex-brother in law found his son via computer and some investigative sources. He didn't want to cause any problems, but it bugged him all these years. He felt obligated to have this man know WTF happened at that time and that he was very much wanted as a baby.

Turns out, the guy lived in the exact same town as my ex-brother in law: Medina. After all these years, they finally met and are becoming friends.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30841 Jun 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
Of course there is always this...
In right to work states, employees enjoy $5,333 less a year than the free bargaining states.
In right to work states, 21% more people have no health insurance at all compared to free bargaining states.
Workers in right to work states enjoy a 51% increase in job related fatalities, than compared to union protected states.
In right to work states, employees enjoy the luxury of a 12.5% poverty rate, compared to a 10.2% poverty rate in states that are free bargaining states.
In "Free bargaining states" with $5333 more income, 3% more of income is paid for union dues. In right to work states, the cost of living is lower since production & service costs are lower. In 'Free Bargaining' states as you put it, more jobs are driven off shore, Etc Etc.
The issue is not all that simple as your post & my post try to put it.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#30842 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, it was worse for white men years ago.
In the later 70's a friend of mine got his girlfriend pregnant. They were both underage and ran off to Florida. The cops caught up with them and hauled them back to Cleveland.
After the baby was born, their plans to live together and eventually marry took a turn when she decided to terminate their relationship. Not only the relationship, but to put the baby up for adoption.
He spend every last dime he had plus borrowed money and money his family gave him to fight to keep his very own son. The courts would have none of it. At the time, he was together with my sister and they eventually married. She went to court and told the judge they would push up their plans and she would raise the child as one of her own.
The court would have none of that. The judge had that baby stripped out of his arms and shipped the child off for adoption because that was the mothers desire.
Last year my ex-brother in law found his son via computer and some investigative sources. He didn't want to cause any problems, but it bugged him all these years. He felt obligated to have this man know WTF happened at that time and that he was very much wanted as a baby.
Turns out, the guy lived in the exact same town as my ex-brother in law: Medina. After all these years, they finally met and are becoming friends.
And yet, one more WAH WAH story.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30843 Jun 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa...whoa. Slow down there little Hitler. This nation was built by foreigners. You and yours are foreign. Unless of course you are 100%, Native American.
WHOA!! This Nation, the U.S. of A., was built by a group of people that LOVED our constitutional freedoms that say in essence that if you work hard, are frugal, one can become successful to whatever degree one is capable of achieving.
People of high intellect & fantastic vision (some foreign born, most not) were very future thinking & their thoughts & beliefs are still applicable today, 230 yrs later. So this Nation was built by NATIVES born of America. Be they of any ancestrial/ethnic background.
YOU & others are confusing 'native' people with 'indigenious' people. Both sides of my family came from Europe in the 1880's and I AM a NATIVE American.
I am NOT English, Spanish, Italian, Polish etc. I am American & I suspect that you are too, except maybe in your feeble mind.
Humankind has migrated for MILLIONS of years from continent to continent, or what today is nation to nation, all over the globe. It is accepted that aboriginal Americans came from Asia 30,000-50,000 years ago so what is a "native American" in the context of your post/thinking?
half breed

Lima, OH

#30844 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are just a troll. Why don't you hook up with your boyfriend Half-Ahardon and have kids together or something.
Hey, your "superior" education and maturity is showing through again, xxxteatard...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30845 Jun 30, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>In "Free bargaining states" with $5333 more income, 3% more of income is paid for union dues. In right to work states, the cost of living is lower since production & service costs are lower. In 'Free Bargaining' states as you put it, more jobs are driven off shore, Etc Etc.
The issue is not all that simple as your post & my post try to put it.
Correct, and that was conveyed in the wikipedia link I posted. Studies have shown that it's not an apples to apples comparison since there are so many other factors besides right-to-work. There is politics, taxation, weather, location....
heather

Fairfax, VA

#30846 Jun 30, 2014
Whats it matter anymore
Barry Soetoro 2007

Tulsa, OK

#30847 Jul 1, 2014
I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigations 19 mins ago 5:36 p.m.Exclusive v... 4 hr FedUp 1
5 way Sep 23 Rite2aid 1
snitch Sep 15 Not Trash 2
Ward 1 Councilman David Tadych Could Be Feeling... Sep 13 justbnme 5
Crooked Business Owners Taking The Public For A... (Nov '10) Sep 7 Monte 24
Amy Mihaljevic Case Sep 7 Bonjovihair 1
Michelle Evans Apr '16 bandit810 1

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance