Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#29468 Jun 6, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>True NAFTA was the final nail in the coffin for the Middle Class too and Liberal Bill Clinton was responsible for it.
ehh?
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/103-19...
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29469 Jun 6, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>True NAFTA was the final nail in the coffin for the Middle Class too and Liberal Bill Clinton was responsible for it.
I don't think he was responsible for it. I think he went along with it.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#29470 Jun 6, 2014
He did sign the pice of crap. Just like Obama every piece.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29471 Jun 6, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Steam is the most dangerous greenhouse gas? You really are stupid. What does it take to produce steam(water vapor). Oh by the way, I've built those places that produce that climate killing "steam". You drive a box van and yank off to Rush and Beck.
And you yank off to DumBama and his fatzz wife:

Water Vapor Confirmed as Major Player in Climate Change

Water vapor is known to be Earth’s most abundant greenhouse gas, but the extent of its contribution to global warming has been debated. Using recent NASA satellite data, researchers have estimated more precisely than ever the heat-trapping effect of water in the air, validating the role of the gas as a critical component of climate change.

Andrew Dessler and colleagues from Texas A&M University in College Station confirmed that the heat-amplifying effect of water vapor is potent enough to double the climate warming caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

With new observations, the scientists confirmed experimentally what existing climate models had anticipated theoretically. The research team used novel data from the Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite to measure precisely the humidity throughout the lowest 10 miles of the atmosphere. That information was combined with global observations of shifts in temperature, allowing researchers to build a comprehensive picture of the interplay between water vapor, carbon dioxide, and other atmosphere-warming gases. The NASA-funded research was published recently in the American Geophysical Union's Geophysical Research Letters.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vap...

You are ruining my planet Boy Toy. Get off of my earth...... NOW!
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29472 Jun 6, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Me too. And your're wrong about the cities. They've been a disaster since before Reagan. The suburban development was just fine until 2005. The unions are exactly what ruined the cities. Next?
Not only unions, but forced bussing as well.

We in Cleveland are still feeling the devastating effects of bussing from decades before. When forced bussing came along, the people with money left the city for the burbs and country. The people that couldn't leave were those that didn't have the money to do so. So what happens when people with money leave and people with no money stay? Much less tax collection.

Less taxes collected leads to a reduction in emergency forces, a reduction in city services, a reduction in home values, a depletion of school buildings and faculty.

Liberal policies are a failure most times tried. We sacrificed what works for what sounds good.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29473 Jun 6, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> not to mention stop and frisk statutes. Couple that with their drug laws regarding harmless marijuana use...
Actually, stop and frisk worked very well in NY because they are so strict with gun laws. However the blacks (which SAF protected) objected to the practice. Their people were too racially profiled for comfort. I don't know if they still use SAF, but if they stopped, that will lead to many more murders and assaults in the city, just the way liberals like it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29475 Jun 6, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it...in old ...the most Liberal city in the United States of America and the crowning jewel of civilization in the modern world...New York.
Great city.

prepare yourself for everything being expensive.

depending where you live, you can forget the car which saves money. Great public transportation. You still save money losing the car, and alot of stress.

Be safe, and enjoy the city.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29476 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
OG, this administration and it's supporters have shown a very overt negativity towards whites and pretty much pro-black. How were whites supposed to feel?
Can you give me a concrete example of this "negativity" toward whites? I haven't seen it.

Obama seems very reserved to me. Nixon had an "enemies list", people he would actively try to hurt with his considerable political power. LBJ was a physical thug (not unlike Putin.) They were both old hands at the hardball political game. Obama is not like that. He's young and inexperienced in the meaner aspects of modern politics. If Obama is hurting your feelings, I would suggest that you prepare for the possibility of "President Clinton II: Hillary Rising." She may turn out to be even meaner than Obama.

Just a hunch, from an old guy that's been watching politics for a long time...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29477 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, stop and frisk worked very well in NY because they are so strict with gun laws. However the blacks (which SAF protected) objected to the practice. Their people were too racially profiled for comfort. I don't know if they still use SAF, but if they stopped, that will lead to many more murders and assaults in the city, just the way liberals like it.
There is nothing more sad than a selective constitutionalist.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29478 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Good catch. It was the elder President Bush (Herbert Walker) that crafted NAFTA.But I remember it being endorsed by by most of the former Presidents. It may yet turn out to be a good thing, but that would be a hard sell to most. Time will tell. It was even more unpopular in Canada than here.

"Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it. The signed agreement then needed to be authorized by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S. and Kim Campbell in Canada, and before the agreement became law, Jean Chrétien had taken office in Canada."
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29479 Jun 6, 2014
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29480 Jun 6, 2014
Talking about New York, New York...
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great city.
prepare yourself for everything being expensive.
depending where you live, you can forget the car which saves money. Great public transportation. You still save money losing the car, and alot of stress.
Be safe, and enjoy the city.
Yeah, you'd have to be crazy to have a car in NYC. The traffic is nuts, and a Times Square parking garage is $20 for the first fifteen minutes.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29481 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but Clinton didn't veto NAFTA which the Unions were against and the Unions should knew right there and then that the Liberal Democrats turn on the Unions or Organized Laber which the Liberal Democrats did besides Clinton is the one that signed into law that reclassified strikers into two groups Economical and Unfair strikers weakining the Union's Strike power and if Strikers went on strike for economical gain employers could terminate them immediately as economical strikers and higher replacement workers and I seen this happen around here at 4 places where the union members were terminated for being economical strikers and like I told a couple that I knew I said thank Bill Clinton and the Liberal Democrats for your job loss.

Location hidden

#29482 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going by second hand information of course. My cousins daughter is a Broadway actress. She recently married to a guy also in show biz, and last I heard, they were thinking about moving back to Cleveland. NYC isn't all what it's cracked up to be. A person making $80,000 per year there is lower middle-class.
I had a student who used to live in NYC. He told me that if my apartments were in NYC, I could easily charge over $1,500 per month in rent.
Now if I can only find a way to move my apartments to NYC. LOL!
you are correct.

Location hidden

#29483 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly and Clinton signed NAFTA into law which he didnt have to.

Location hidden

#29484 Jun 6, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only unions, but forced bussing as well.
We in Cleveland are still feeling the devastating effects of bussing from decades before. When forced bussing came along, the people with money left the city for the burbs and country. The people that couldn't leave were those that didn't have the money to do so. So what happens when people with money leave and people with no money stay? Much less tax collection.
Less taxes collected leads to a reduction in emergency forces, a reduction in city services, a reduction in home values, a depletion of school buildings and faculty.
Liberal policies are a failure most times tried. We sacrificed what works for what sounds good.
Detroit, MI is a prime example of what your saying too.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29485 Jun 6, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly and Clinton signed NAFTA into law which he didnt have to.
" The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage, is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our nation's best interest over the long term without respect to partisanship."

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Mr. Vice President, President Bush, President Carter, President Ford, ladies and gentlemen....

It's an honor for me today to be joined by my predecessor, President Bush, who took the major steps in negotiating this North American Free Trade Agreement; President Jimmy Carter, whose vision of hemispherical development gives great energy to our efforts and has been a consistent theme of his for many, many years now; and President Ford who has argued as fiercely for expanded trade and for this agreement as any American citizen and whose counsel I continue to value.

These men, differing in party and outlook, join us today because we all recognize the important stakes for our nation in this issue."

http://clinton6.nara.gov/1993/09/1993-09-14-r...

Location hidden

#29486 Jun 6, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
" The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage, is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our nation's best interest over the long term without respect to partisanship."
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Mr. Vice President, President Bush, President Carter, President Ford, ladies and gentlemen....
It's an honor for me today to be joined by my predecessor, President Bush, who took the major steps in negotiating this North American Free Trade Agreement; President Jimmy Carter, whose vision of hemispherical development gives great energy to our efforts and has been a consistent theme of his for many, many years now; and President Ford who has argued as fiercely for expanded trade and for this agreement as any American citizen and whose counsel I continue to value.
These men, differing in party and outlook, join us today because we all recognize the important stakes for our nation in this issue."
http://clinton6.nara.gov/1993/09/1993-09-14-r...
You are correct and the facts are true.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#29487 Jun 7, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing more sad than a selective constitutionalist.
Your self description is impeccable....
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29488 Jun 7, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right, but Clinton didn't veto NAFTA which the Unions were against and the Unions should knew right there and then that the Liberal Democrats turn on the Unions or Organized Laber which the Liberal Democrats did besides Clinton is the one that signed into law that reclassified strikers into two groups Economical and Unfair strikers weakining the Union's Strike power and if Strikers went on strike for economical gain employers could terminate them immediately as economical strikers and higher replacement workers and I seen this happen around here at 4 places where the union members were terminated for being economical strikers and like I told a couple that I knew I said thank Bill Clinton and the Liberal Democrats for your job loss.
It was a Republican idea though. Again, Clinton just went along with the ride.

Same thing with welfare reform. After it became known that Welfare Reform was a success, Clinton took all the credit even though he never wanted it in the first place. Hell, he vetoed the bill twice before. The only reason he finally signed it was because he feared vetoing it again could cost him his reelection. But those of us who were awake at the time know that it was all Newt Gingrich and the Republicans responsible for Welfare Reform.

I didn't know about the union thing though. If that's what happened, then I have to give the Democrats some credit there. Nobody should be allowed to hold their employer hostage over money. If you want to work, then get to work. If you don't want to work, then go home and let somebody else have the job that appreciates it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland remains calm so far as police patrol ... Jul 20 They cannot kill ... 7
News Fligner's Supermarket in Lorain receives top honor (Mar '14) Jul 6 Judina 2
News 911 call about ISIS causes panic at Ohio hotel Jul 5 Maverick 808 3
News Why Vote? USHLI mentors Latino groups about vot... Jul 2 They cannot kill ... 7
why would anybody live in lorain? Jul 1 klepto 4
News LCCC to go tobacco-free in 2017 Jun '16 Pugh Bickair 1
Michelle Evans Apr '16 bandit810 1

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages