Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Altered Reality

Lima, OH

#25619 Feb 17, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how you never mentioned it all winter until I reminded you of another one of your lies. The only true word in that statement is "IMAGINE". What a friggin' delusional idiot.
Let the poor old basketcase have his delusional fantasies.
If he wants to drive his imaginary race cars, fish for imaginary marlin in Best Buy's parking lot, and brag about his imaginary degrees, that's ok.
It's not like he's threatening to shoot strangers because of online arguments or eat other posters or some other creepy rightwing serial killer chit like that.
Oh, wait...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#25620 Feb 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not go to Daytona, and I imagine in the next hour I will be driving the car not a single NASCAR car could beat in a race today held here in Central Ohio. Not a single one of them.
I will be glad to take your bets.
Matchbox does have a toy version of my daily driver, but I accept your bets on the real deal.
Get all your Waverly buddies to bet big.....we hold the car race in Waverly in 6 hours if you can have a $5000 winner prize at minimum.
For 20% of the money, we can have the Police hold the money for the winner, and block streets for a few minutes.
The make believe boat and the make believe pink pickup weren't enough?
Canton

Canton, OH

#25621 Feb 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron....why would I mention something very real....like my daily driver?
your illusions are creepy.
The delusional idiot is you, because my car is warming up in driveway now, and faster than anything you have ever ridden in.
I guarantee it.
Creepier than taping people's mouths shut, eating human flesh, or referring to people as "it", as in "It puts the lotion in the basket"? Just because you have to wear a helmet all the time, doesn't mean you're a race car driver or an astronaut. That was just something your mom used to tell you, to get you to quit crying.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25622 Feb 17, 2014
Wow, they really do make a toy version of Reality's car...

http://img0.etsystatic.com/015/0/7528076/il_5...
Canton

Canton, OH

#25623 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had spent as much time psychoanalyzing the president of the United States as you did a Minnesota representative, you might not have been duped so badly.
If Christian Conservatives would have spent a little less time voting with their Bibles, our nation wouldn't still be digging itself out of the fiasco that was GW Bush.
Altered Reality

Lima, OH

#25624 Feb 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepier than taping people's mouths shut, eating human flesh, or referring to people as "it", as in "It puts the lotion in the basket"? Just because you have to wear a helmet all the time, doesn't mean you're a race car driver or an astronaut. That was just something your mom used to tell you, to get you to quit crying.
Remember now, his mom was a super sexy home-school teacher who had affairs with her "lucky" students. Nothing says chemically imbalanced incestuous teabagger like two imaginary degrees and a pink pick-em-up truck full of obvious lies...
Oops, did I say teabagger? I sure hope Closet Case the Stupor Mutt doesn't chime in with his gay-dating creation science interpretation of the word again. LOL
Altered Reality

Lima, OH

#25625 Feb 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christian Conservatives would have spent a little less time voting with their Bibles, our nation wouldn't still be digging itself out of the fiasco that was GW Bush.
We should include an IQ test with every voting ballot, just to make sure that inbred hicks like Reality Stammers and UdBTedbundy aren't able to inflict further harm upon our once great country with their "faith and good conservative values"...
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25626 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had spent as much time psychoanalyzing the president of the United States as you did a Minnesota representative, you might not have been duped so badly.
You seem curiously compelled to interpret YOUR disagreement with my assessment of Michelle Bachmann as being about me by claiming I was somehow "duped" without offering any supporting evidence to that effect. As you must know by now, I would eagerly welcome such demonstration. Please recall that you mentioned being in a quandary about whether Mrs. Bachmann were "dishonest or naive, my assessment differing from yours by not appraising her as dishonest. Might you have been "deceived?"

Frankly, I'm willing to admit that your assessment may have more merit than mine. Who knows how Mrs. Bachmann would score on an IQ test or personal integrity measure. Both remain empirical questions, while we both presume to speculate. It's conceivable that she could turn out to be a raving genius who's just willing to play the fool sufficiently to appeal to the tea partier extremists who demand such, but if so, I'd be the first to admit that she's got me "duped." That would make her a "super duper" (not my best, but I'm proud of it anyway).
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25627 Feb 17, 2014
kuda wrote:
Mutt, why do you resort to reductio ad absurdum in an effort to convince us that prohibition of SSM must be right if we don't sanction marriage to animals or human minors unable to enter into such a contract by mutual consent? It's a breach of logic. We don't sell our children into marriage in the US for the same reason. Please understand the issue to better consider your position.
You're underestimating the stupidity and immorality of the people on your side. I never thought the govt would allow underage children to get birth control pills without parental consent, but some states not only allow that, but also abortions. Apparently kids are capable of making major emotional and medical decisions for themselves.

Some states allow children as young as 12 or 13 to be married, if they have parental and judicial consent, but with the way things are going (i.e. parents being legally forced out of their childrens' lives), I won't be surprised if children are eventually permitted to marry as adolescents without their parents' consent.

Utah has made a shift in their no-polygamy law. It used to be a felony for polygamists to even say they had more than one wife. But with many polygamists living in the US, in light of this recent ruling in Utah by a federal judge, there will probably be a greater push to allow a person to legally have more than one spouse. We could eventually see adolescent girls in legal, polygamous marriages. And of course, a man would be allowed to marry one or more young boys, as well. There would a great potential for physical and emotional abuse in those relationships, I would think.

Laws against bestiality are influenced by biblical morality. Wikipedia says that zoophilia was not uncommon among indigenous tribes in North America, and that in Hungary, where there are no restrictions, "zoophilic materials have become a substantial industry". There are discussion and support groups online -- one having a million members -- for people who want to discuss their sexuality.

Medical research suggests some zoophiles have no sexual attraction to humans at all, and according to Andrea Beets, PhD, it is not a lifestyle that is chosen.(In other words, they are born that way.(Where have we heard that before?)) According to several researchers, "the distinction between zoophilia and zoosadism is a critical one" and there is significant social harm caused by misunderstandings regarding zoophilia. Those misunderstandings destroy the lives of many citizens.

Another biblically-based morality law is one against incestuous marriage. But there are adult couples in consensual relationships who want the right to marry just like everyone else.

We can't be destroying the lives of people who are different than the rest of us, can we? We need to understand and accept them, not sit in judgment of them based on some archaic religious book.

Once one or two social taboos are broken regarding what our society will legally recognize, there will be other groups that demand to be legitimized, too. It's human nature. That's how the polygamy ruling came about. Maybe you're the one who needs to educate yourself on this matter.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25628 Feb 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
If Christian Conservatives would have spent a little less time voting with their Bibles, our nation wouldn't still be digging itself out of the fiasco that was GW Bush.
As Obama is leaving office with a trail of carnage behind him, you'll still be crying about how Bush ruined Obama's 8 years as president, HAHA.

Just in case you haven't noticed, it's taken $7 Trillion for Obama to fix Bush's $5 Trillion mess, and the economy is worse now than before. Time to admit that you were duped ... Obama's a loser.
Altered Reality

Lima, OH

#25629 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're underestimating the stupidity and immorality of the people on your side. I never thought the govt would allow underage children to get birth control pills without parental consent, but some states not only allow that, but also abortions. Apparently kids are capable of making major emotional and medical decisions for themselves.
Some states allow children as young as 12 or 13 to be married, if they have parental and judicial consent, but with the way things are going (i.e. parents being legally forced out of their childrens' lives), I won't be surprised if children are eventually permitted to marry as adolescents without their parents' consent.
Utah has made a shift in their no-polygamy law. It used to be a felony for polygamists to even say they had more than one wife. But with many polygamists living in the US, in light of this recent ruling in Utah by a federal judge, there will probably be a greater push to allow a person to legally have more than one spouse. We could eventually see adolescent girls in legal, polygamous marriages. And of course, a man would be allowed to marry one or more young boys, as well. There would a great potential for physical and emotional abuse in those relationships, I would think.
Laws against bestiality are influenced by biblical morality. Wikipedia says that zoophilia was not uncommon among indigenous tribes in North America, and that in Hungary, where there are no restrictions, "zoophilic materials have become a substantial industry". There are discussion and support groups online -- one having a million members -- for people who want to discuss their sexuality.
Medical research suggests some zoophiles have no sexual attraction to humans at all, and according to Andrea Beets, PhD, it is not a lifestyle that is chosen.(In other words, they are born that way.(Where have we heard that before?)) According to several researchers, "the distinction between zoophilia and zoosadism is a critical one" and there is significant social harm caused by misunderstandings regarding zoophilia. Those misunderstandings destroy the lives of many citizens.
Another biblically-based morality law is one against incestuous marriage. But there are adult couples in consensual relationships who want the right to marry just like everyone else.
We can't be destroying the lives of people who are different than the rest of us, can we? We need to understand and accept them, not sit in judgment of them based on some archaic religious book.
Once one or two social taboos are broken regarding what our society will legally recognize, there will be other groups that demand to be legitimized, too. It's human nature. That's how the polygamy ruling came about. Maybe you're the one who needs to educate yourself on this matter.
Again, you seem to have NO problem with the gubment's intrusion into people's personal lives, as long as they're enforcing YOUR sense of "morality" upon the unwashed masses. Why is that?
Oh right, the thuggish conservative double standard again. Sorry...
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25630 Feb 17, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem curiously compelled to interpret YOUR disagreement with my assessment of Michelle Bachmann as being about me by claiming I was somehow "duped" without offering any supporting evidence to that effect.
You act like we haven't discussed Obama before. I've given you much supporting evidence to show that Obama is corrupt and power-hungry.

I didn't say I disagree with your assessment of Bachmann. It's just that, as I was reading it, I couldn't help but be impressed by the detail and thought that went into it, and I wished you had expended that much mental energy in trying to figure out the man who rules the country. Bachmann is insignificant at this point.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25631 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
As Obama is leaving office with a trail of carnage behind him, you'll still be crying about how Bush ruined Obama's 8 years as president, HAHA.
Just in case you haven't noticed, it's taken $7 Trillion for Obama to fix Bush's $5 Trillion mess, and the economy is worse now than before. Time to admit that you were duped ... Obama's a loser.
Fortunately, the "carnage" is limited to emailed propaganda Tea Bagger newsletters and have no standing in the real world. Wonder how much Bush's unpaid Medicare expansion cost? How about that unfounded war? Was that factored in?

I wonder if someone did a poll of Americans and asked if they thought Bush was to blame for the current state of our nation...Oh that's right. they did and we do.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25632 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're underestimating the stupidity and immorality of the people on your side. I never thought the govt would allow underage children to get birth control pills without parental consent, but some states not only allow that, but also abortions. Apparently kids are capable of making major emotional and medical decisions for themselves.
Some states allow children as young as 12 or 13 to be married, if they have parental and judicial consent, but with the way things are going (i.e. parents being legally forced out of their childrens' lives), I won't be surprised if children are eventually permitted to marry as adolescents without their parents' consent.
Utah has made a shift in their no-polygamy law. It used to be a felony for polygamists to even say they had more than one wife. But with many polygamists living in the US, in light of this recent ruling in Utah by a federal judge, there will probably be a greater push to allow a person to legally have more than one spouse. We could eventually see adolescent girls in legal, polygamous marriages. And of course, a man would be allowed to marry one or more young boys, as well. There would a great potential for physical and emotional abuse in those relationships, I would think.
Laws against bestiality are influenced by biblical morality. Wikipedia says that zoophilia was not uncommon among indigenous tribes in North America, and that in Hungary, where there are no restrictions, "zoophilic materials have become a substantial industry". There are discussion and support groups online -- one having a million members -- for people who want to discuss their sexuality.
Medical research suggests some zoophiles have no sexual attraction to humans at all, and according to Andrea Beets, PhD, it is not a lifestyle that is chosen.(In other words, they are born that way.(Where have we heard that before?)) According to several researchers, "the distinction between zoophilia and zoosadism is a critical one" and there is significant social harm caused by misunderstandings regarding zoophilia. Those misunderstandings destroy the lives of many citizens.
Another biblically-based morality law is one against incestuous marriage. But there are adult couples in consensual relationships who want the right to marry just like everyone else.
We can't be destroying the lives of people who are different than the rest of us, can we? We need to understand and accept them, not sit in judgment of them based on some archaic religious book.
Once one or two social taboos are broken regarding what our society will legally recognize, there will be other groups that demand to be legitimized, too. It's human nature. That's how the polygamy ruling came about. Maybe you're the one who needs to educate yourself on this matter.
"You're underestimating the stupidity and immorality of the people on your side."
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25633 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're underestimating the stupidity and immorality of the people on your side. I never thought the govt would allow underage children to get birth control pills without parental consent, but some states not only allow that, but also abortions. Apparently kids are capable of making major emotional and medical decisions for themselves.
Some states allow children as young as 12 or 13 to be married, if they have parental and judicial consent, but with the way things are going (i.e. parents being legally forced out of their childrens' lives), I won't be surprised if children are eventually permitted to marry as adolescents without their parents' consent.
Utah has made a shift in their no-polygamy law. It used to be a felony for polygamists to even say they had more than one wife. But with many polygamists living in the US, in light of this recent ruling in Utah by a federal judge, there will probably be a greater push to allow a person to legally have more than one spouse. We could eventually see adolescent girls in legal, polygamous marriages. And of course, a man would be allowed to marry one or more young boys, as well. There would a great potential for physical and emotional abuse in those relationships, I would think.
[...]
Medical research suggests some zoophiles have no sexual attraction to humans at all, and according to Andrea Beets, PhD, it is not a lifestyle that is chosen.(In other words, they are born that way.(Where have we heard that before?)) According to several researchers, "the distinction between zoophilia and zoosadism is a critical one" and there is significant social harm caused by misunderstandings regarding zoophilia. Those misunderstandings destroy the lives of many citizens.
[...]
Once one or two social taboos are broken regarding what our society will legally recognize, there will be other groups that demand to be legitimized, too. It's human nature. That's how the polygamy ruling came about. Maybe you're the one who needs to educate yourself on this matter.
Yes, the age of majority is ambiguous, varying from one state to another. The point is that all states recognize that minors are incapable of legal consent, even though they disagree on the definition of minor. I would certainly support a federal law establishing a standard age for majority for all purposes in all states.

You blatantly attempt to trivialize my position by accusing me of ďunderestimatingĒ what you believe to be ďthe stupidity and immorality of the people on [my] side.Ē Which side would that be? Should we refuse birth control to minors who would be afraid to get their parentsí prior permission? Itís a legitimate and complex issue for debate among reasonable people, which probably requires compromise to reach a decision.

Itís true that laws change as our values change. Polygamy laws are an example. States may rigidly reserve marriage for one man/one woman, some make no attempt to restrict it. I personally believe marriage should also be defined at the federal level to legally include any combination of two or more adult men and women, excluding blood-related opposite sex pairings due to their strong potential for occurrence of birth defects.

You are much better read in the area of zoophilia than I. In fact, Iím completely ignorant about zoosadism. Be that as it may, it is my practice to defer to research for information as a guide to understanding. Iím not one to trivialize research by rolling my eyes in disbelief when it fails to confirm my preconceived notions, however intuitive they may feel, but Iím nevertheless critical about methodology.

I commend the open-mindedness of concerns you expressed in your post. Youíll take a hit from the mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers for going off script to demonstrate compassion.

I realize thereís a lot for my most devoted followers to hate on here, so have at ó but donít hate me just because Iím beautiful.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25634 Feb 17, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like we haven't discussed Obama before. I've given you much supporting evidence to show that Obama is corrupt and power-hungry.
I didn't say I disagree with your assessment of Bachmann. It's just that, as I was reading it, I couldn't help but be impressed by the detail and thought that went into it, and I wished you had expended that much mental energy in trying to figure out the man who rules the country. Bachmann is insignificant at this point.
I've given plenty of attention to "analyzing" President Obama and find a lot to like and respect and nothing to dislike or disrespect. I've even enumerated my list exhaustively here in other Topix political discussions, much to the chagrin of his detractors, as you might well imagine. However, what you consider evidence supporting your belief that he's "corrupt and power-hungry" is in fact nothing more than your interpretation through over-reaching the information upon which you based it.

I agree that Mrs. Bachmann's relevance in the national discussion has been dwindling with the passage of time, but as long as she continues preach the right wing extremists' venomous gospel, she does an injustice to the American cause in my opinion. On the positive side, her antics remain a hoot and, of course I do love humor.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25635 Feb 17, 2014
Hey neat. I was reading about Rush Limbaugh's record on PolitiFact, a fact checking organization. 30% of what he claims are absurd lies. 20% are lies. 35% classified as "mostly lies" 10% half truths and 5% being mostly true. Now where is it you guys are getting your "facts" from?
Altered Reality

Lima, OH

#25636 Feb 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Hey neat. I was reading about Rush Limbaugh's record on PolitiFact, a fact checking organization. 30% of what he claims are absurd lies. 20% are lies. 35% classified as "mostly lies" 10% half truths and 5% being mostly true. Now where is it you guys are getting your "facts" from?
Braindead teabaggers will listen to any fat, loud mouthed, pill popping slob who's desperate enough to pander to their paranoid doom and gloom fantasies.
oofr537hfrtre

Cincinnati, OH

#25639 Feb 17, 2014
ha!!!
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#25640 Feb 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think would object the most to an IQ test to vote, the Democrats or Republicans?
The last ones to use them were southern conservatives trying to disenfranchise black voters. Those "literacy tests" were made illegal by the Voting Rights Act of 1965.(This law was later affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test#Vo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Dec 5 Big Red 72
Keith Mazze looking for old friends.... Nov 19 Larry 1
News City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH (May '06) Nov 17 Steve P 24
Chris Ehlers? Nov '17 Pissed off 2
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Nov '17 bill 67
You're all wrong! Oct '17 Mylastnameispopul... 2
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Oct '17 Mylastnameispopul... 193

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages