Motherhood, without a ring, steadily ...

Motherhood, without a ring, steadily rising

There are 3 comments on the Star Tribune story from Feb 17, 2012, titled Motherhood, without a ring, steadily rising. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

Amber Strader, an unmarried mother of two, kisses her 18-month-old daughter, Arianna Fickey, at their home in Lorain, Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

Bill Hilly

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 18, 2012
You can blame Divorce Lawyers on that statistic.

They are the biggest cancer upon society EVER!

Why get married when the Bitch and her Lawyer take it ALL.....even your right to see your own kids.

There should be a season on Lawers.
just me

Elyria, OH

#2 Feb 20, 2012
I don't think it has much to do with divorce lawyers. It has to do with these women/girls not keeping their legs closed!There is NO reason for a woman to get preg. now days when there is FREE birth control out there just for the asking!The only reason a woman has a baby is because SHE wants to.Who pays for these kids??,we the tax payors!!
Niome

Lincoln, NE

#3 Mar 14, 2014
Americans displayed greater wisdom about three generations ago. For well over a century, divorce was not easy to obtain in this country. This fact meant that couples really made a lifetime commitment when they undertook marriage vows, and they could not engage in "easy-come/easy-go" marital relationships very easily.

Perhaps the USA should return to a system in which divorces can occur only after marriage counseling and a lengthy waiting period? No-fault divorce is a fundamentally selfish system which places the whims of a roaming spouse above the very real need of children to enjoy stability in the home life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LCCC to go tobacco-free in 2017 Sun Pugh Bickair 1
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Jun 16 Roger and Terri 46
News Lorain firefighter pleads no contest to mischie... Jun 14 Gigi 1
Duane Heiland Jun 14 Truth teller 1
Water Heater Jun 11 daveweger 1
waterheater Jun 10 daveweger 1
all these gays? May '16 how about 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages