Skunks under Ohio family's home reek ...

Skunks under Ohio family's home reek havoc

There are 14 comments on the hosted.ap.org story from Jun 19, 2008, titled Skunks under Ohio family's home reek havoc . In it, hosted.ap.org reports that:

SHEFFIELD LAKE, Ohio (AP) -- A family's dream home became a stinky nightmare after skunks moved in. They chewed underneath Kerry McCullough's house in Sheffield Lake, about 20 miles west of Cleveland, and started their own family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at hosted.ap.org.

Illiniev1

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jun 19, 2008
"Pepe Lepew" looks like he doesnt
have foreclosure problems!
ROTFLMAO!

“Spring is here, ”

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#2 Jun 19, 2008
I had a skunk make a home under my patio. I didn't know until I saw it walking on the patio. I watched where it went and thats how I found out. I had to call a trapper to come out and catch it. Thankfully there were no stinky problems.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3 Jun 19, 2008
I had an oppossum actually die under my house. We started to notice a terrible smell and finally figured out where it was coming from. It was pretty awful getting it out from there.

I hate them when they're alive even, look like big rats.
from Missouri

Coram, NY

#4 Jun 19, 2008
Let's get something straight. A skunk is not a rodent or a possum. They are carnivores closely related to weasels.

They are very intelligent, are very dextrous with their hands, they are curious and have no fear of living near humans. The reason they do not make good pets is not their smell. It's due to the fact that they can climb into any kitchen cabinet and not rest until they open and inspect every bottle and jar. If there is no over friendly dog in the neighborhood they don't spray.

I always wanted a pair of them as pets. I was going to call them "Chanel" and "Shalimar".

“Jon & Kate Suck”

Hartville, Ohio

#5 Jun 19, 2008
I can't believe that they waited so long to find out what the problem was. I could have never tolerated the smell that long.
MeanandNasty

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2008
They bought a house and got skunked.

Yeah, they should have realized by the smell what was causing it. Nothing else in the world smells like a skunk.
Illiniev1

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jun 19, 2008
from Missouri wrote:
Let's get something straight. A skunk is not a rodent or a possum. They are carnivores closely related to weasels.
They are very intelligent, are very dextrous with their hands, they are curious and have no fear of living near humans. The reason they do not make good pets is not their smell. It's due to the fact that they can climb into any kitchen cabinet and not rest until they open and inspect every bottle and jar. If there is no over friendly dog in the neighborhood they don't spray.
I always wanted a pair of them as pets. I was going to call them "Chanel" and "Shalimar".
All righty then!
DanNC

AOL

#8 Jun 19, 2008
To get rid of skunks, spread mothballs in the area.

PS: You DON'T have to hit them !

“Get over yourself...”

You're not that important

#9 Jun 19, 2008
Ummm, does anyone out like the smell of skunk?
Andrea

Iowa Falls, IA

#10 Jun 19, 2008
As stinky as they might be, they sure are cute! Much cutier than a opossum!!

:o)

We have something digging holes in our machine shed....ugh....sure hope it isn't one of those cuties! They really need a good cologne....Pepe'....anyone remember Pepe'??? He was a classy little skunk....so romantic....lol...!! So cute but stinky!

:o)

“based on morphology like DNA”

Since: Jun 08

Vermont USA

#11 Jun 19, 2008
I know of a skunk under the white house whose about to reek havoc.(Obama). Of course he might be a improvement over Hilary being at this position.

I hate animal analogies.

“This Granny wore Combat Boots”

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles

#12 Jun 20, 2008
WiseOldWizard wrote:
I can't believe that they waited so long to find out what the problem was. I could have never tolerated the smell that long.
My Scenti-mints exactly! Sounds like 2 seasons passed before Mr. Dufus Homeowner did anything about it.

Guess he wsa one of thos e1 in 10 who can't smell skunks.
Rick Suddes

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Nov 23, 2008
Rataway fragrance stops odors caused
by rats, mice, squirrels, etc...
Makes one gallon when mixed
and protects the surface of areas used for nesting.
Rodents and other animals mark territory (your car, house, etc.) with their scent. Animals are attracted by this scent. Rataway fragrance gets rid of the scent. No lingering scent, no more attraction.
Rataway fragrance protects car engines, wiring, boats, motorhomes, machinery, heavy equipment, etc. when sprayed to protect the surfaces
Rataway fragrance is not a pepper spray.
If you are looking for an effective, natural control for odors, Rataway fragrance is it.
Again... Rataway fragrance can be used around children, pets, and service personnel.
What is Rataway Fragrance?
Rataway fragrance is a spray that is very offensive to wild animals such as rats, mice, squirrels, rabbits, racoons, dogs, cats, horses, skunks, and monkeys. Rataway fragrance is not offensive to humans. Go to Rataway.com

“based on morphology like DNA”

Since: Jun 08

Vermont USA

#14 Dec 27, 2008
That new Burger King fragrance has got this one beat though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Wed Roger Terri 50
Chris Ehlers? Oct 6 kandy kayne 1
Small town Oct 5 Shagnasty 1
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Sep '17 thar 192
You're all wrong! Aug '17 Tarib2 1
heather maroney Aug '17 WestVee 1
Outrage, Man threatened police families, after OVI Aug '17 Sherwin Nelson 1

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance