City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain...

City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH

There are 24 comments on the Gay news blog story from May 23, 2006, titled City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH. In it, Gay news blog reports that:

Armed with signs calling Mayor Craig Foltin ''homophobic,'' three demonstrators at last night's City Council meeting alleged that city officials are discriminating against the city's only gay bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gay news blog.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ex-Lorainite

United States

#23 Jan 17, 2014
Tim is classless and patronizes his staff and customers only for their money-and whatever else she can get out of her Latino boys after hours at this disaster of a nightclub that is legendary in Cleveland for being the big tasteless joke Tim's place is and has been. Has-been describes Tim. Really bitter, vicious unloved despised and for good reason. He has manipulated gay men at this "club" for years, when the gay guys he is attracted to don't "put out", he puts them out of his unattractive mess of one of the lowest crummy gay dives Lorain has ever seen. Retire, Tim. Close this tasteless, dangerous place. The community needs to feel better about its gay community and Lorainites would in the absence of this horrid bar.
1504 Fan

United States

#24 Jan 17, 2014
Never had a good time in Tim's Place. 25 years behind the times, poor service, bar itself (interior) in disrepair, patio smells of rotting fruit, bathrooms disgustingly filthy, and Tim himself a total creepy OLD queen that still forces the DJ to play tunes from the 70's when Tim was an out cast at The 1504 Bar. He bans any guy (gay or straight) that will not have an encounter with him, treats female patrons or male ex-conquests (ewwww!) to the door...permanently. Exploiting all of his patrons and has been for waaayyy too many years. Here's hoping The City of Lorain closes this dump. Imagine how dreadful it must be for a young gay person to have their memories polluted by coming out at Tim's Place. Awful man Tim with a bar equally awful (and dirty, too). Yuck. Gives gay people in Lorain a bad name. Bring back the 1504 Chuck and Danny. If we could turn back time...
PeteZ

Lagrange, OH

#26 Apr 19, 2014
Well, like him or hate him, Tim died over a year ago. The inside was remodeled last summer, and the patio is being renovated. I've been going there for over 15 years, and almost always have a good time there. The drinks are good, as are the monthly drag shows. I think of Tim's Place as the gay Cheers. In case you're wondering, I'm not the owner nor do I work there.
Steve P

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Nov 17, 2017
Tim has always been a classless, self loathing fool with a failing business. His bar has absolutely nothing about it that makes it interesting. Terrible music and worst of all, Tim himself...surveying anything male that walks in the door like it's his property. T is for Tacky and Lorain doesn't need any more slurs it gets enough. Maybe if Tim retired and sold the bar to someone else, there would be hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud noise (Jul '15) 23 hr JXT 12
coyote sightings in avon lake (Feb '09) Sun EAK 19
What do you think of councilman David L. Tadych? (Oct '15) Jan 20 Just_B_N_Me 8
Reynolds family in Lorain? (May '14) Jan 9 Keith Mazze 4
News North Ridgeville's Avalon Drive is a target of ... Jan 5 Kam 1
stalking by technology esp CELL phone Dec 29 Sara evans 1
News Woman, 60, run over by semiWoman listed in seri... Dec 28 Joyce McKenty 2

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance