Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two C...

Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two Children Inside

There are 50 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 3, 2010, titled Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two Children Inside. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A van crashed into a home and injured two children inside Sunday morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cardinal aunt

Valley City, OH

#42 Oct 4, 2010
I agree with you cardinal mom! Too bad Extreme Makeover couldn't just make a hop, skip, and a jump over to Sheffield Lake and do something for this family. I am just so glad that everyone is o.k. When this man was released from the hospital, he would have been given orders that he could either resume his daily activities or be limited. Sounds like he was told he could resume activities. Anything can happen to anyone at anytime. Just because you may be a person in great health one minute, doesn't mean your body won't do something the next. My mom had something similar happen to her. She was sitting at a light on Abbe Rd. there in Sheffield by the Ford plant when a guy came down the road and had blacked out because his sugar was low. When he came to, he had no idea what happened and thought he was headed the other direction to a McDonald's. Thankfully she was o.k...car was totaled...and thankfully people saw it before it happened as she was hit hard enought to send her spinning completely across the other two lanes of traffic and up onto the curb. Accidents happen - the sad part is that the man died and while the family can replace most things that were lost (house, furniture, etc...) they have their lives and the children are going to be o.k.
tiger girl

Bradford, PA

#44 Oct 4, 2010
yes i feel bad for the family that lost there husband,father, etc.... but this is my sister and her family that lost every thing and almost there lives. now my nephew and his friend will have nitemares fo the rest of there lives.. it is all sad. and it will never be the same. people that have been through this knows.. until you have been there do not say they will have to move on..
Proud Daughter

Avon, OH

#45 Oct 4, 2010
JusticeWONK wrote:
They must be poorly trained firefighters if they:
1) were inside the home, talking to the victim, and didn't notice that the van was about to "burst into flames".
2) couldn't put the flames out before the poor victim died.
3} didn't get the fire out even after the victim died and they had to return to the scene.
HEY WONK.........
I know these guys personally, they are not poorly trained firefighters! I know you have nothing else better to do than to put down a group of firefighters who would put their lives on the line for you. You and anyone else that thinks the firefighters are "poorly trained" should have been there at the scene standing next to the firefighters helping out.
Concerned friend

Beachwood, OH

#46 Oct 4, 2010
I feel so sad for this tragic accident to happen to anyone. Glad to hear the boys survived this terrible accident, and yes they will have nightmares for years to come. As for the man who lost his life, I know this family personally, and know they have been through alot, like having their own son taken from them by a senseless act of someone who held him in a choke hold, and he never recovered, and go figure this person got away with their crime. So don't point the finger at this family, her husband was a stubborn man, as most men are, and do not listen to their wives. May god bless everyone in this terrible time of need.
Barbara

West Bloomfield, MI

#47 Oct 4, 2010
"Face it, the wife should have told him not to drive or she would drive."

Did YOU ever try to tell a man anything???

“Get over it”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48 Oct 5, 2010
Such a sad story...Does anyone actually know if his doctor told him not to drive???
WOW

Norfolk, VA

#49 Oct 5, 2010
MySmileyFace wrote:
<quoted text>Except he just got out of the hospital. A little dense here?
Not dense, just realistic. Not everyone who just gets out of the hospital spends their days at home in bed. Usually they are fine to resume normal activities. since we don't know all the details of the treatment he received while in the hospital it's hard to make a informed decision that he was doing something he should not have been doing. Anyone with our without a medical condition can suffer a health event and cause a car accident. Should all those people who have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes, seisure disorders... not drive? I just think those who are posting here are assuming he was not stabalized prior to being discharged from the hospital. This man died a horrible death by fire and left a family behind. It seems most of those posting here are nothing more than a lynch mob going after the wife who's loss cannot be replaced.
Connie Otero Lorain

Wadsworth, OH

#50 Oct 5, 2010
B James wrote:
Question, is the Hospital/Doctors at fault because they were aware of his condition which almost led to the death of two boys? Bet they find a way out of this, right?!.
The one at fault is the man who got behind the wheel. Not the doctors not the wife. He was a grown man and I am sure he knew he should not have been driving. But on the same hand everyone does as they chose, not what they are told. There are so many people out there that drive without insurance and know they are not suppose to drive without insurance. Do they care? No they choose to do it anyway... There are people that are out there driving and drinking. Is against the law.. Do they listen? NO they don't so who are you going to blame for that?
Everyone is always ready to point the finger and blame someone. I am quite sure the man did not say "Ok I am going for a ride in my car and my heart problem will kick in and I will just drive through someones house this morning"
Everyone needs to quit pointing the fingers and blaming everyone for everything that happens. All we can do is Thank God that the boys will be ok. And ask God to give the family strength to get through this TRAGIC situation. And to give the family of the loved ones loss the strength to get through this also.

Everything happens for a reason. No one knows when, why, or how it will? That is in The hands of God.
And thanks to the firefighters that where there and not there for there efforts. We know that not everything can always end in a happy note. Even though we wish they could.
TLhappy

United States

#51 Oct 5, 2010
B James you are exactly right. The Docs & Hospital will be protected. Hang em High I agree with you someone right away looking for a easy Buck.
Disgusted_Lorain

North Olmsted, OH

#52 Oct 7, 2010
Quoted: "Tony loved kids, he loved his grandkids and I know that he wouldn't hurt nobody for nothing, he was a friend to everybody," Ronda said, weeping as she spoke.
He was a convicted child predator! He spent 1 1/2 years in prison for importuning and gross sexual imposition. I think he liked kids too much! What a sick individual! I don't want to hear any more about this man, Thank God the kids are ok!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward 1 Councilman David Tadych Could Be Feeling... Sat justbnme 3
why would anybody live in lorain? Aug 16 Daniel Boone 7
shooting at 3 am Aug 16 Daniel Boone 4
Hey Punk, Wanna Dance? Aug 15 Daniel Boone 1
News Dell Bethel, Renaissance man: North Ridgeville ... (Nov '08) Aug 15 Niki 7
News AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08) Aug 12 Kenneth Wilson 160
News What's next for Mayor Debbie Sutherland, Bay Vi... Aug 9 justbnme 1

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages