Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two C...

Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two Children Inside

There are 50 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 3, 2010, titled Van Plows Through Home, Injures Two Children Inside. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A van crashed into a home and injured two children inside Sunday morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JusticeWONK

North Richland Hills, TX

#1 Oct 3, 2010
They must be poorly trained firefighters if they:

1) were inside the home, talking to the victim, and didn't notice that the van was about to "burst into flames".

2) couldn't put the flames out before the poor victim died.

3} didn't get the fire out even after the victim died and they had to return to the scene.
MEG

Valley City, OH

#2 Oct 3, 2010
It cracks me up how there is always someone out there ready to criticize the situation or someone involved in a tragedy. Prayers go out to the little boys that they will both heal and are o.k. Prayers to the family who lost their home and sympathies to the wife of the man that was driving the van. It sounds like they were working on getting the man out of the van and since not every story tells every detail and step that a rescuer makes...that doesn't mean they are poorly trained firefighters. Shame on you JusticeWONK!
SpongeBob

Elyria, OH

#3 Oct 3, 2010
JusticeWONK wrote:
They must be poorly trained firefighters if they:
1) were inside the home, talking to the victim, and didn't notice that the van was about to "burst into flames".
2) couldn't put the flames out before the poor victim died.
3} didn't get the fire out even after the victim died and they had to return to the scene.
Unless you have been there. Don't question what they did. They victim as you call him probably shouldn't have been driving with his health problems. I'm sorry he died but glad they saved to two young victims.
Kasey shull

Avon, OH

#4 Oct 3, 2010
I found this just devistating. im so sorry for this family. i saw the house and i watched the news and i just feel so bad for them. i will pray for them and hope they get better.

Kasey shull: sheffield lake ohio :)
Joe

Akron, OH

#5 Oct 3, 2010
Yea, prayers and stupidity we get it.
My question is where was the COMMON SENSE?
You get out of the hospital 2 days prior from a (what any doctor would consider) a dangerous heart condition, and you should avoid lifting a half gallon of milk because of the stress on the heart. No, he's gotta get into a vehicle and spaz out on the road endangering others. Face it, the wife should have told him not to drive or she would drive.
Ask yourself the question, if you have a dangerous heart condition, are you gonna go for a ride in the car? Or are you gonna stay home and try to be calm and heal?
I’m interested in your answers if they're honest.
ERIC STEINER

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Thank God the kids are ok.
The numbers of cars and trucks running into houses lately are ridiculous.
Youre not even safe in your own home anymore :(
SpongeBob

Elyria, OH

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Joe wrote:
You get out of the hospital 2 days prior from a (what any doctor would consider) a dangerous heart condition, and you should avoid lifting a half gallon of milk because of the stress on the heart. No, he's gotta get into a vehicle and spaz out on the road endangering others. Face it, the wife should have told him not to drive or she would drive.
Ask yourself the question, if you have a dangerous heart condition, are you gonna go for a ride in the car? Or are you gonna stay home and try to be calm and heal?
I would have enough common sense to keep my butt at home. I hope the kids get alot of money from the pending lawsuit.. If it was my kids and house I would have this lady in court quicker then you can say. "Heart failure"..

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Joe wrote:
You're absolutely right Joe, The wife should have had better sense that to let her husband drive this soon. he should have been home and this would not have happened. Tragic indeed.
Jennifer-Garfiel d Heights

Northfield, OH

#9 Oct 3, 2010
He should not have been driving! I hope the family with the destroyed house gets compensated for the inconvienince.
BOGGIE2513

North Olmsted, OH

#10 Oct 3, 2010
So sorry for your loss , may god bless your family and give you strenght , it was not one fault just an unforuatne accident ...
BOGGIE2513

North Olmsted, OH

#11 Oct 3, 2010
this is not the time to be pointing fingers at anyone like I said it was a unfortuate accident . no one plans on going out to hurt someone , you dont need to be so crude the famlies have both suffered .......

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#12 Oct 3, 2010
A very PREVENTABLE accident!!
He should NOT have been DRIVING, for cryin' out loud!!

However, with that being said, my prayers go out to all involved.
Are you kidding

Akron, OH

#13 Oct 3, 2010
Yeah, let's blame the WIFE! Wow ...
Are you kidding

Akron, OH

#14 Oct 3, 2010
I can't believe anyone would blame the WIFE! Give me a break!!! Geesh ...
Nalla

North Olmsted, OH

#16 Oct 3, 2010
This is devastating and all you can think about is a pending law suit? Yes I agree, the man should not have been driving...but he also paid the ultimate price for his mistake! Now, he has a family grieving his loss..isn't that enough? The boys are going to make it, the home can be rebuilt, but the life of this man can not be brought back. You need to grow up and not be so quick to judge. And as for the firefighters on the scene- again, so quick to judge. Do you dedicate your life to protecting your community? If so, then you know there are steps to be taken before acting at a scene such as this. But my guess would be that no, you don't have a job such as this. If you did, you wouldn't be so cold hearted. It takes a person with a lot of heart to do the job they do, and it's quite obvious some of you don't have one! May the driver RIP, may his family have strength to get through this, and may the family whose home was involved find the strength to rebuild and move forward. And to the firefighters on the scene-thank you for dedicating yourselves to protecting your community!
LuckyMom1989

Cleveland, OH

#17 Oct 4, 2010
To those of you blaming the wife, give it a rest. She very likely told him not to drive and he ignored her. People don't always listen to good advice because they're stubborn.
Hang em high

Lakewood, OH

#18 Oct 4, 2010
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have enough common sense to keep my butt at home. I hope the kids get alot of money from the pending lawsuit.. If it was my kids and house I would have this lady in court quicker then you can say. "Heart failure"..
Exactly as your screen names says ... you are a Sponge Bob! Typical white trash looking for easy money, that's why our insurance is outrageous because every idiot like you is lawsuit happy! Never mind the feelings of both parties involved, let's just blog about how you hope they take this poor WIDOW to the cleaners. You are pathetic!
Sue in Barberton

Twinsburg, OH

#19 Oct 4, 2010
My prayers to the family.I hope the kids can get some counseling for thier habit of making vehicles crash into homes starting them on fire.
Cheryl in Cuyahoga Falls

Northbrook, IL

#20 Oct 4, 2010
Why are you all blaming the wife? He is old enough to be responsible for himself. As a wife, I can speak until I am blue in the face, my opinion on what my husband should and shouldn't be doing, however the bottom line is he will do what he wants. I cannot babysit him. So for those of you blaming the wife, that is ridiculous. This was a TRAGIC ACCIDENT. He paid with his life and that is so extremely sad. I am very happy to hear the boys are ok. I am also heartbroken for the loss of their home. Overall this whole situation is tragic and my prayers go out to both sides of the story because it is very terrible. A love loss and a loss of a home and all the rest in between.
B James

Lorain, OH

#21 Oct 4, 2010
Question, is the Hospital/Doctors at fault because they were aware of his condition which almost led to the death of two boys? Bet they find a way out of this, right?!.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheffield Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oberlin police chief resigns, left office today Jan '17 avatar 1
Review: Avon Family Dentistry - Geoffrey L Stef... (Oct '08) Jan '17 UNHAPPY CUSTOMER 58
News Tamyka Saunders, Sheffield Lake mother of 2, ch... (Jul '09) Jan '17 Marchael 3
News Block watch protests Lorain store (Jul '15) Dec '16 Realtalk 2
Crooked Business Owners Taking The Public For A... (Nov '10) Dec '16 Realtalk 25
Reasons why lorain sucks (Apr '07) Dec '16 Realtalk 20
News Fligner's Supermarket in Lorain receives top honor (Mar '14) Dec '16 Realtalk 3

Sheffield Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheffield Lake Mortgages