In with a bang?

There are 7 comments on the WisInfo story from Oct 30, 2011, titled In with a bang?. In it, WisInfo reports that:

Carrying a concealed weapon becomes legal in Wisconsin on Tuesday, which could be - depending on whom you ask - the granting of a long-withheld right, a distressing introduction of safety and liability concerns or largely irrelevant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

sharkey

Louisville, KY

#1 Oct 31, 2011
Well, since the carrying of firearms is already legal WITHOUT a license or formal training in WI as long as they are visible, it's hard to see how this new law creates a safety issue.

It only increases the fear and doubt amongst the criminal and corrupt in the WI government at all levels, and amongst the ninnies who want to turn this country into the USSR.
Flip Romney

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Oct 31, 2011
sharkey wrote:
Well, since the carrying of firearms is already legal WITHOUT a license or formal training in WI as long as they are visible, it's hard to see how this new law creates a safety issue.
It only increases the fear and doubt amongst the criminal and corrupt in the WI government at all levels, and amongst the ninnies who want to turn this country into the USSR.
Snarkey - USSR does not exist any more - get a new globe. Funny how after this law passed, most communities pass legislation making guns illegal inside public buildings. So, now while your wife shops inside, you can stand outside with your big gun in your hand.
Get Out

Wilmington, NC

#3 Oct 31, 2011
Flip Romney wrote:
<quoted text> Snarkey - USSR does not exist any more - get a new globe. Funny how after this law passed, most communities pass legislation making guns illegal inside public buildings. So, now while your wife shops inside, you can stand outside with your big gun in your hand.
Dude,
You’ll let me know if my gun is exposed and frightens you OK.
sharkey

Louisville, KY

#4 Oct 31, 2011
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,
You’ll let me know if my gun is exposed and frightens you OK.
The wet spot on his drawers should be a nice accompaniment to the little-girl shrieking he indulges in when exposed to responsible adults.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 31, 2011
Flip Romney wrote:
Snarkey - USSR does not exist any more - get a new globe.
Russia still bans guns. You knew that but tried to make a gun owner appear stupid, right ?
Flip Romney wrote:
Funny how after this law passed, most communities pass legislation making guns illegal inside public buildings. So, now while your wife shops inside, you can stand outside with your big gun in your hand.
Only until next year when pro 2nd amendment Legislators ban those illegal gun bans inside public buildings. Did you like the advantage Cho had at Virginia Tech ?
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#6 Oct 31, 2011
Filled out my forms today (1:30AM Nov.1st) they will be mailed as soon as the post office opens.

The Wisc. DOJ web site must have been swamped, it took me almost 40 mins. to get the forms to download. 10 mins to fill out, 10 mins to copy my forms to prove classes, 1 min to put on the stamps and the forms along with my check will be in the mail the minute the post office opens.

Anyone care to join me!
Complete your requirements, fill out your forms and mail your check.

Heres the forms:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/Concealed...

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 1, 2011
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Filled out my forms today (1:30AM Nov.1st) they will be mailed as soon as the post office opens.
The Wisc. DOJ web site must have been swamped, it took me almost 40 mins. to get the forms to download. 10 mins to fill out, 10 mins to copy my forms to prove classes, 1 min to put on the stamps and the forms along with my check will be in the mail the minute the post office opens.
Anyone care to join me!
Complete your requirements, fill out your forms and mail your check.
Heres the forms:
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/Concealed...
Lucky you. Congrats and good luck. Was a long time waiting. You can thank the republicans and a few democrats too.

Wisconsin is quickly turning into a red state - good for them. But watch-out for the bad elements who don't want you armed in public:

http://wisconsingunowners.org/2011/10/26/vide...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheboygan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoffman's At Riverdale - Chocolate Chiffon Pie ... (Nov '13) Sep 30 betty 4
News Not just fluff and buff: Spas emphasize wellnes... Sep '17 Felix Goebbels 2
Spark Jul '17 robert 1
Shopping in Sheboygan Jun '17 Sabu 1
News Justice Department warns of gangs in Wisconsin (Dec '08) Apr '17 Defeat Elizabeth ... 76
News Weissler, Joseph B. (Dec '08) Mar '17 Geo k Weissler 2
News This 99-Year-Old Man Rode His Bike to the Polls... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jerry 1

Sheboygan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheboygan Mortgages