|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Tim wrote:
Doyle is the worst governor we ever had, and Barrett is his clone. Why is it the working man has to tighten his belt, when government doesn't even try to tighten theirs? Spend, spend, spend, Stop it already!
1st- The # 1 cause of All the Added Spending is The Demand by the Poor to take care of them
Thus? Reduce the Poor and you reduce the Demand and thus Reduce the Spending..

2- Deter Welfare Plans that Attract More Poor To Come to Wisconsin from Neighboring States.. Chicago Being the Biggest to export their Poor to us..

3- Encourage Anyone Not able to Get a Job per their job Skills, To GO WHER THE JOBS ARE.. and if that means leaving your Town, Do so.. If that means leaving the State? Do SO>.
That sends the strongest message to a State Goverment..

I left Wi. 35 yrs ago for a Much Better Career in Illinois, made my $ and Came back to Retire here...

You Younger People ought to do the same...

A College Education doesn't do you anygood if you haven't Got the Companies in place to Hire you .. Now does it? So why are you going to College to Learn some Profession if their aren't any Jobs for you here? I hope you plan to Leave and GO WHERE THE JOBS ARE

You need to make at least $40,000 a yr to Support yourself in this state.. If your not? You better Leave and Do so elsewhere...

Its really Sad to See so many older People taking Such Mineal-Low paying Jobs to Stay living here.. Face Reality..

And Why So many Of these Businesses even Opened a Business here and survive is beyond me..
Tea Party Jagoffs

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

Retired Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
1st- The # 1 cause of All the Added Spending is The Demand by the Poor to take care of them
2- Deter Welfare Plans that Attract More Poor To Come to Wisconsin from Neighboring States.. Chicago Being the Biggest to export their Poor to us..
3- Encourage Anyone Not able to Get a Job per their job Skills, To GO WHER THE JOBS ARE.. and if that means leaving your Town, Do so.. If that means leaving the State? Do SO>.
I left Wi. 35 yrs ago for a Much Better Career in Illinois, made my $ and Came back to Retire here...
A College Education doesn't do you anygood if you haven't Got the Companies in place to Hire you .. Now does it? So why are you going to College to Learn some Profession if their aren't any Jobs for you here? I hope you plan to Leave and GO WHERE THE JOBS ARE
You need to make at least $40,000 a yr to Support yourself in this state.. If your not? You better Leave and Do so elsewhere...
Its really Sad to See so many older People taking Such Mineal-Low paying Jobs to Stay living here.. Face Reality..
And Why So many Of these Businesses even Opened a Business here and survive is beyond me..
OK,reduce the number of poor people. How ? Round them up and ship them of to somewhere else? Because this Governor can't seem to find any jobs here either.That is the best way to get out of poverty. And don't tell me they don't want to work,don't let your prejudices dictate your jobs program.
I know take away their ability to vote. That should give you the power to advance your agenda. If they can't vote to help themselves,we can legislate them into irrelevence.
Your right GO TO WHERE THE JOBS ARE,they certainly haven't been created in this state.
If you left 35 years ago to have a much better job. Why in the hell did you come back?
You yourself say this is a lousy place to live.
As far as us seniors taking menial jobs. If you place your self above hard work,which is what you probably have done, you will think that some work is below your status. No matter how self imosed that staus is.
And businesses are here because this Governor and this legislature are giving away the farm to their corporate puppetmasters.
Get a clue, and if you would be happier leave.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

No, you reduce your entitlement crowd by cutting state funded assistance everywhere you can...they go back to Chicago. If you're sure you want jobs, and I'm not sure you do....I mean, what do you get? More people, environmental issues, more traffic...and you also know sooner or later it'll collapse and then you have a mess. Still, if you say you want jobs then you have to attract businesses. Presumably, your plan is to do that with high taxes, mandatory union membership, and union guys trashing the Capitol on TV every couple months? Seriously? The United States has something called the South, and if you were a business owner, seriously, how could you possibly contemplate coming to Wisconsin unless someone like Walker makes you a deal? No, a better plan for you and yours is to kick Walker out, keep taxes and entitlements high, make union membership mandatory, whatever you can do to punish the investor, the business person, the corporations. I'm not joking. Jobs will of course leave, many people who need work will leave, and in a couple decades, maybe less, Wisconsin will be like the UP. But it's not so bad...low population density, the fishing will be good, and your economy will be dominated by tourists and retirees. Not bad at all........for many, a paradise.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

There are many areas of the country who have done precisely what I'm suggesting. The best plan for Wisconsin is to stand strong.....play out the corporate tax and union thing to the very end. And when it's over and all the companies have left, adjust. In you still need work, sorry, but move to another state and you'll be OK. If your pension allows you to stay, stay. Let manufacturing collapse, let the tech companies collapse, agriculture will never leave......you'll do OK. And, you'll have created a tourism/retiree environment that will provide a fairly stable core to your economy. Fewer people, less crime, more walleyes. As I said, I left decades ago over the union thing.....couldn't stand anyone telling me how long I could or couldn't work, but if you guys could pull a UP transition off, I might just come back - get a gillie burger or two and hunt some pheasants.
WTW the Great

Doylestown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Retired Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll just raise the min. wage ,then devalue the dollar some more and give every thing for free. Double the National debt and suck on the goverment teat.
Really

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Really?
jsm

Wautoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

The national debt, which Dubya left, was slashed in half by Obama. FACT. Verify it!

Raising the minimum wage would help the government. It would only negatively effect corporations.(but, they would have less money to buy politicians) I've applied at many crappy places, such as Walmart, and they consider foodstamps and medical assistance "benefits!" Raising the minimum wage would REDUCE reliance of "government teat," as you so eloquently put it.

I think since we have separation of church and state, we should have separation of government and corporations.
jsm

Wautoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Union guys, nor any of the other protestors, trashed the capitol building! That was a Scott Walker/Republican/Fox News LIE! Walker was busted lying, claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage to the building, and it was later found out to actually be in the hundreds! What about the wages paid to cops to illegally block access to the building???? HOW MUCH DID THAT COST?!

Seriously, enroll yourself in a critical thinking class! Please!
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

jsm wrote:
Union guys, nor any of the other protestors, trashed the capitol building! That was a Scott Walker/Republican/Fox News LIE! Walker was busted lying, claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage to the building, and it was later found out to actually be in the hundreds! What about the wages paid to cops to illegally block access to the building???? HOW MUCH DID THAT COST?!
Seriously, enroll yourself in a critical thinking class! Please!
Here's your critical thinking.....see how you welcome businesses to your state. Man, there sure are a pile of fox news photographers out there, and look how they staged the mobs...crafty devils.

https://www.google.com/search...

Keep the pressure on businesses though, in fact, anyone one of those aholes who employee people and pay them a salary or wage. DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT. And not to worry, seriously....give it a few years and you can land a job working night shift at the Frosty Freeze, maybe work your way up to fries and onion rings for 10.10 an hour.
Tea Party Fools

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

WTW the Great wrote:
<quoted text>We'll just raise the min. wage ,then devalue the dollar some more and give every thing for free. Double the National debt and suck on the goverment teat.
A simpleton and a sociopath? Bat sh-t crazy is the the street term.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Tea Party Fools wrote:
<quoted text>
A simpleton and a sociopath? Bat sh-t crazy is the the street term.
Seriously? Do a little research (stay away from Fox News - only use .gov sites). At the end of FY 2008, the national debt was 10 trillion. Now it's past 17 trillion, not doubled yet but give it a year or two. If you bought something for a dollar in 2008 and tried to buy it today, it would be $1.09 (9% loss). Entitlements are through the roof.....unemployment....by the way, weren't we supposed to be in recovery?......"disabled " people are showing up like zombies in a B movie, and the minimum wage just got a huge bump that'll spread to everyone shortly.....39% man, 39%.

Look that all up for yourself....what the "sociopath" said is 90% already true. Show me where I'm wrong.
jsm

Wautoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Those were protestors, hardly a "mob." The crafty devils at Fox News showed palm trees in the background of the protest in Madison. uh, just an FYI...we don't have a single palm tree in all of Wisconsin. Plus, go read about how Walker lied his ass off about the expense of the supposed damage to the capitol building.

anyway, let's use some simple logic here about your defense of businesses.... If a person is paid $7.00 an hour, they cannot afford even basic needs... that should be given to any full-time worker in the richest country in the world, So, they are then forced to supplement their income with state insurance and/or foodstamps. Who pays for that? Businesses? No.

Do you think anyone who punches in and punches out after 8+ hours is lazy or a mooch? I do not.

I think businesses should not only pay more, but they should also be forced to provide decent health insurance.

What would have to The Walton family if they paid a living wage and gave employees insurance? They'd still be filthy, disgusting rich...way beyond what any of us could ever imagine.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

jsm wrote:
Those were protestors, hardly a "mob." The crafty devils at Fox News showed palm trees in the background of the protest in Madison. uh, just an FYI...we don't have a single palm tree in all of Wisconsin. Plus, go read about how Walker lied his ass off about the expense of the supposed damage to the capitol building.

Tell me the protesters didn't disrupt the capitol.....teachers for pete's sake. Say you're a business man who was thinking about investing in Wisconsin......you want part of that?

anyway, let's use some simple logic here about your defense of businesses.... If a person is paid $7.00 an hour, they cannot afford even basic needs... that should be given to any full-time worker in the richest country in the world, So, they are then forced to supplement their income with state insurance and/or foodstamps.

I agree, totally. Having worked every low paying job you can think of (car washes, security, landscaping, canning factories), I feel your pain.

Who pays for that? Businesses? No.

Actually yes. Check out what businesses pay in corporate taxes. Not to mention the people with your Wis State income tax.

Do you think anyone who punches in and punches out after 8+ hours is lazy or a mooch? I do not.

I do not either. But I left Wis because the unions essentially told me I couldn't exceed 40 hours without some additional overtime pay......I make my own way.

I think businesses should not only pay more, but they should also be forced to provide decent health insurance.

Good for you. But like I said, the US has the southern states...many with no income tax, money in my pocket, many of them right to work, money in my pocket. I'll, quite frankly, be darned to give the money I worked for to the state, or to a union...we're doing fine.

What would have to The Walton family if they paid a living wage and gave employees insurance? They'd still be filthy, disgusting rich...way beyond what any of us could ever imagine.
It's not them we're talking about...the filthy rich (a questionable and relative term) are so rare it's nothing more than an emotional issue. It's the small business owner, or the medium business. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I disagree with your vision, but when businesses choose Florida or Texas, just don't be surprised. You're looking for a good deal....so are they. I still think, honestly, that you guys should go all out with the taxes and unions and accept the eventual results.......a wonderland of tourism and agriculture, devoid of manufacturing and technology. You'll have fewer problems and it'll be a great place to live. If you want to make some real money, you'll just have to move to a competitive state and come back when you can.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

jsm wrote:
anyway, let's use some simple logic here about your defense of businesses.... If a person is paid $7.00 an hour, they cannot afford even basic needs... that should be given to any full-time worker in the richest country in the world, So, they are then forced to supplement their income with state insurance and/or foodstamps. Who pays for that? Businesses? No.
Let me stress, I respect what you are saying. Consider also one final thought. 7 bucks an hour is, repeat is, a living wage if you put 5-6 guys, or 2-3 families in a 3 bedroom house. And that's what our illegal immigrants do. Not trying to be negative, but it's a different culture and we've seen it down here over and over. As Obama and his administration push to add 11 million more iilegal immigrants to the work force, consider their only political adversary in this initiative. Heck, the unions are supporting it, even the Black Congressional Caucus. It's only the Tea Party that has called for a "full employment first" approach, one that democrats - and republicans - will probably ignore.

Last last - you can imagine anything from an income stand point....I'm sorry if you've lost the dream, but you'd be surprised, maybe shocked, at what a little dedication, a few extra hours, can get you in the South. You want it, you work for it, you get it, with no union boss breathing down your neck telling you why you can't. In any case, my very best wishes to you. I miss Wisconsin sometimes a lot - though less in Jan-Feb (I cleared snow in a condo complex too). See ya.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

jsm wrote:
I used to go through Wautoma quite often years ago.....fished on Lake Lucerne. We' eat at a place called Milty Wilty's ?(I think that was the name), or maybe that was in Neshkoro. A long time ago, but the fishing was good....bluegills mostly.
Jon O

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Really ??? We're....no, You're still talking about the gubernatorial election of 2010??? People, you need to move along with your lives and join a more relevant subject in the Madison Forum.'Nuff said? How about starting with the elections coming up?
jsm tard

Oconto Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

jsm wrote:
The national debt, which Dubya left, was slashed in half by Obama. FACT. Verify it!
Raising the minimum wage would help the government. It would only negatively effect corporations.(but, they would have less money to buy politicians) I've applied at many crappy places, such as Walmart, and they consider foodstamps and medical assistance "benefits!" Raising the minimum wage would REDUCE reliance of "government teat," as you so eloquently put it.
I think since we have separation of church and state, we should have separation of government and corporations.
Couldn't even get a walmart job eh?
Princeton WI Police tards

Wautoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

um, I got much better than a Walmart job...typical Princeton Police douches following me around because you're all obsessed with me. I know Princeton offers slim-pickins', but DAMN!!!

Truewords, thanks for your input..and yep, it's called Milty Wilty's. ;)

-jsm
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Princeton WI Police tards wrote:
um, I got much better than a Walmart job...typical Princeton Police douches following me around because you're all obsessed with me. I know Princeton offers slim-pickins', but DAMN!!!
Truewords, thanks for your input..and yep, it's called Milty Wilty's. ;)
-jsm
Thank you.....I do miss it. It's like Gillies in Fond du Lac. Back in the day, I worked at the Green Giant canning factory in Rosendale. I don't know how they do it now, but when I was there, it was two 12 hour shifts, and you went 24/7 until the state shut them down for a cleaning cycle. One time, only one, they shut us down at 10 PM on a Friday night. So John-Johns is just down the street, and everybody has been making lots of money with no chance to spend it...it was quite the evening.

Hope it warms up for you guys soon.
jsm

Wautoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Gillies rings a bell. Did they have one in Milwaukee? Leon's was the big icecream place in Milwaukee. I think Boy Blue was a franchise everywhere?

I don't know if there's still a Green Giant factory in Rosendale. What's John-Johns?

Yep, it's pretty cold here. Damn groundhog, lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Sheboygan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sheboygan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••