First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Falls football fan

Brookfield, WI

#1 Oct 16, 2006
I would like to first say, I do not have strong feelings either way about Dan Juedes. He is without question a great coach, maybe one of the best ever. However, rumors are swirling about how he wants to get rid of the United Football League in Falls. Reason being is that the varstiy is losing because Falls does not have travelling teams, so we are falling behind the competition. Plymouth doesn't have one either, what's the excuse for that loss? Maybe the coach should look inside the high school's program first, before he looks outside of it. The offenses he has run the past 6-7 years have been taylored made to showcase his sons, and to get them noticed by colleges, it's been pretty obvious. Before his sons were in high school he ran a run orientated offense. Ground Juedes if you will. A lot of time it was run-run-run-punt. Now it's air it out and let my son run on the majority of plays. You can't dispute the facts, go back and look at the stats. Let's just leave United Football alone, Coach Juedes. Coaches, parents, refs, and the kids get alot of enjoyment out of it. Nobody gets cut, and everyone plays. For some kids, it's the only time they will ever play football. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We all support your team, win or lose, so don't put the blame on someone else, please.
Joe Average

New Holstein, WI

#2 Oct 18, 2006
You hit the nail right on the head with your comments.
Falcon Football Supporter

Lakeville, MN

#3 Oct 18, 2006
For anyone that knows Coach Juedes he does not showcase his son at all. The Falcons are averaging 7 passes a game. Showcasing his son? What would you do in 3rd and 10? Coach Juedes is running the same exact plays that he ran his whole career, just different formations. The reason for Coach Juedes' alarm about the United Football League is that the Falls Freshman teams are winning 2 games a year! Other schools are playing 11 man traveling football when Falls is playing 8 man football with 6th graders going against 8th graders. Why have an 8th grader go against a 6th grader, when we can have 8th graders go against other 8th graders? Its not that United has gone down hill, it's that other schools are gaining more with their youth programs playing 11 man traveling football. Kewaskum, Campbellsport, Kiel, New Holstein, Two Rivers, Ripon, and Waupun(who will be in our conference) all play 11 man traveling football. Why is it that the United Football Coaches are so afraid of change? Where would we be in our society if we did things today exactly like we did 30 years ago? Do the United Football League Coaches really care about the development of young athletes or are their adult egos always in the way of progressive change. The goal of our youth program should be to develope young players to the best of our ability, unfortionatly the UFL Coaches are simply not willing to accept change. The young athletes are the ones that end up suffering!
Falls Football fan

Brookfield, WI

#4 Oct 19, 2006
Really, who carried the ball 22 times? Yup, Jake. It was always the half back getting the brunt of the carries, not the quarterback. It also doesn't help the freshmen team by taking the best players and moving them up. What do you expect with a depleated roster? Falls has also lacked the size and they just don't seem to have the athletes they had in the past. I saw the JV and Varsty games against Kewaskum, they were huge! If you get manhandled, there's not a whole lot you can do about that. We used to have all the horses, now it seems to have shifted a bit. And about adult egos, come on. Those coaches do that for free. They actually care about the kids, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
United football fan

Brookfield, WI

#5 Oct 19, 2006
Plover, WI? I guess if I lived there I would believe whatever people told me too. Apparently you haven't been on the sidelines anytime in the last few years. That's all you hear in the stands and along the ropes is how he has changed his whole offense because of his kids. I miss the days of run-run-run-punt. The 32 trap is a great 3rd down play. Last game Jake got lit up pretty good, and had to come out. Admittedly, that offense does not function without him. If they lose him, that offense is in trouble. Jacob is a great athlete, but he's not the only one on the team.
Bob Lawrence

Brookfield, WI

#6 Oct 19, 2006
Personally, I prefer the "22" trap run out of the inverted wishbone. It served this old United Football center well.

Back to the matter at hand. Plover, I coach United football, and the last time I checked I don't know anyone from Plover. That means you don't know me. I am wrong to assume that you are a 300 pound woman who sits on the couch watching Falcon games on video with a bucket of chicken, a bag of cheetos, and diet coke? Damn right I am, because I don't know you. So don't call into question my intentions or my "adult ego." There is nothing I look forward to more than when football starts, because I enjoy being around the kids and helping them learn. Let's not assume or call into question things about people we don't know.
sffb

Fond Du Lac, WI

#7 Oct 19, 2006
Falls doesnt have a halfback bigger than 160 pounds so who do you want them to hand the ball off to? Falls also has two good recievers and the passing game has kept them in a lot of games this year. Jake is pretty much their halfback but plays quarterback because no one else can pass. The backup quarterback is a 5'9" 120 pound sophmore. For the past 3 years no freshman have been pulled up to JV or Varsity. So by saying that freshman are being pulled up is false. Just face the facts Falls is losing a lot with their youth program. Other schools are playing 11 on 11 against other schools. Most of our 8th graders play 30 plays a game right now and will play 65 next year. They also practice once to two times a week. Other communities practice monday through friday with a game on saturday. They are getting a lot more experience and are gaining more. The youth program in Falls needs change. The coach after Juedes will struggle with the lack of talent and ability developed in our youth program.
Falls Football fan

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#8 Oct 19, 2006
Well, sffb, in your attempt to justify why Jacob runs the ball so much, you proved my point. We don't have the horses like we used to. 160 pound running backs? That's not going to get you much, can playing 11-on-11 make them 190 pound running backs? A sophmore backup up QB that weighs 120 pounds, again, definately sounds like a coaching and developmental thing, that with different coaching, could have added another 30-40 pounds on to him as well. There are some good kids coming up that are younger, but they all won't play together until they reach varsity, and that's the level that really matters. Like I said, there are kids on the way up, talk to me in a couple years when the talent improves and things are back to normal.

Or you can sound the alarm and go overboard like some of these other people. You said it yourself, the size isn't(and maybe talent)isn't there. Nobody complained in 2000. The talent pool isn't there. I'd hate to say it, but the option for kids to play other sports is there too, and that doesn't help either.

Again, there are kids on the way up, talk to me in a couple years when the talent improves and things are back to normal.
Mike Hanson

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 19, 2006
I would like to know from what three years sffb is talking about. My son is on the J.V. team and in the Valders game some freshmen were pulled up and play ahead of the sophmores that work hard to get playing time. I'm sure if i asked my son there would be other times also.
Mike Hanson

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Oct 19, 2006
i'm not from plover either. i'm from falls
SFFB Fan Class of 38

Brookfield, WI

#11 Oct 20, 2006
I blame the YMCA for not providing quality kids to the United program. Shame on them........
Freshman Student

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#12 Oct 29, 2006
I'm a freshman at the highschool. I played UFL for two seasons and loved it but always wondered why we never had a football traveling team. I have friends from other cities that tell me about there games and it sounds intense. I'm am also aware that Ripon has a traveling team starting in 6th grader where they learn the offense which is the same offense as runned on there varsity level. If you've watched Ripon in the past 4 years they have won a couple state championships and definate conference championships and most of all there offense is beyond perfection. A new traveling team would be fantastic for our program. I support coach.
Old Graduated Falls Alum

Brookfield, WI

#13 Nov 1, 2006
Ofcourse you support coach, you'd better. Look, in the early 90's I saw the offense change from the Wing T, to the "I", to an Inverted Wishbone, back to teh "I" in a span of 4 or 5 years. The offenses change, as they have in the past few years too. You've got some talented kids coming up, with some size to boot. Let's just let this be. You guys will be fine. He's an excellent coach and has gotten more out of some of those teams in the past 25 years than anyone could have ever imagined. Good Luck in the future freshman.
UFL-Juedes supporter

Lakeville, MN

#14 Nov 3, 2006
Traveling football??? I'm not sure that is necessary. Frankly, I have a hard time believing other conference cities travel for 7 and 8 grade football. Kiel doesn't, they just recently started a youth league. Plymouth doesn't. If TR is, they are wasting their money. What the UFL should consider is expanding to 9-man, at the least. Every team has players on the sidelines, why not get another kid in the game. Additionally, the UFL should divide into a 5 and 6 grade league, and a 7 and 8 grade league. When these topics come up with UFL insiders, you get a shrug of the shoulder and "that's the way it's always been". Finally, the UFL draft should be changed, divide the kids equally by talent and the let the teams pick by need, random picking using a deck of cards is ridiculous. I kind of wonder how random it actually is.
Regarding, Coach Juedes, if he shows favoritism to his kids, so be it. He has dedicated his life to SF football, he deserves it and his kids deserve it. Just think how many hours he sacrificed with his family to make every football fan in Falls proud.
The truth is11

Lakeville, MN

#15 Nov 3, 2006
Mike Hanson wrote:
I would like to know from what three years sffb is talking about. My son is on the J.V. team and in the Valders game some freshmen were pulled up and play ahead of the sophmores that work hard to get playing time. I'm sure if i asked my son there would be other times also.
Let's be realistic. If a freshman was brought up to take the position of a sophomore, it is because the sophomore was not getting the job done. Just like in everyday life, hard work doesn't always get the job done. High school sports are about playing the best player, no matter what grade/class. Varsity plays the best players, no matter if they are senior, junior, sophomores, or freshmen. JV consists of the next best jrs, sophs, or fresh that are not on varsity. Freshman consists of best freshman not on Varsity or JV. If you don't play on the freshman team, find a new sport or accept it. Parents in SF seem to have a hard time understanding/accepting this reality, and this goes farther than just football.
Plover

Lakeville, MN

#16 Nov 3, 2006
United football fan wrote:
Plover, WI? I guess if I lived there I would believe whatever people told me too. Apparently you haven't been on the sidelines anytime in the last few years. That's all you hear in the stands and along the ropes is how he has changed his whole offense because of his kids. I miss the days of run-run-run-punt. The 32 trap is a great 3rd down play. Last game Jake got lit up pretty good, and had to come out. Admittedly, that offense does not function without him. If they lose him, that offense is in trouble. Jacob is a great athlete, but he's not the only one on the team.
LOL!!!! The ISP "internet service provider" is located in Plover. Signs, signs, everwhere a sign, can't you read the signs.
You nailed it

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#17 Nov 5, 2006
The truth is11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be realistic. If a freshman was brought up to take the position of a sophomore, it is because the sophomore was not getting the job done. Just like in everyday life, hard work doesn't always get the job done. High school sports are about playing the best player, no matter what grade/class. Varsity plays the best players, no matter if they are senior, junior, sophomores, or freshmen. JV consists of the next best jrs, sophs, or fresh that are not on varsity. Freshman consists of best freshman not on Varsity or JV. If you don't play on the freshman team, find a new sport or accept it. Parents in SF seem to have a hard time understanding/accepting this reality, and this goes farther than just football.
Kids are definately getting to babied these days. Why does every kid need a trophy for participating? Participating should be self satifaction enough just be part of something, win or lose. It's part of life, and what happens to these kids once they reach a level when they actually get cut or they don't play? It might have a more negative effect because they aren't prepared for it because they have never had to deal with it when they were younger. Being cut and not playing has been going on forever, and everyone seems to have grown up alright, it actually builds character.
As a further note, I applaud a more discipline in practice. What's wrong with being yelled at in practice? It's part of football, and it will help them develope as better people in the future because of it.
falls class of 2002

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2006
well if you want to bash Dan J then think back to the time he had a loosing season. wow that was a long time ago. over 25 years. i think he might be doing something right. coach has always put the best 11 men on the field and if you weren't one of them then you better have tried a lot harder to get there. i trully enjoyed every second that he caoched me. the man is so smart. how do you think falcon football came to be
Spellchecker

Brookfield, WI

#19 Nov 15, 2006
falls class of 2002 wrote:
well if you want to bash Dan J then think back to the time he had a loosing season. wow that was a long time ago. over 25 years. i think he might be doing something right. coach has always put the best 11 men on the field and if you weren't one of them then you better have tried a lot harder to get there. i trully enjoyed every second that he caoched me. the man is so smart. how do you think falcon football came to be
It obviously didn't come from spelling.
Senior Student

Farmington, MN

#20 Dec 4, 2006
I dont know why whenever juedes being a good coach or not is argued the defense is always brings up his win record. The fact of the matter is no one cares about high school sports or records after high school. It should be the morals and ethics you learn while playing them that stick with you for life. In coach juede's case this would be rediculing someone because they are not up to your standards and allowing distructive behavior as long as you win. These ethics are not something i would want a coach to instill in my children. Win records do not make good coaches, Win records make winning coaches. Understand the difference. I'd rather gargle a bucket of diarrhea then listen to some of the people on this board that cant get over their high school athletic high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheboygan Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Not just fluff and buff: Spas emphasize wellnes... Sep 4 Felix Goebbels 2
Spark Jul '17 robert 1
Shopping in Sheboygan Jun '17 Sabu 1
News Weissler, Joseph B. (Dec '08) Mar '17 Geo k Weissler 2
News What's the status of the Plymouth-to-Kohler rai... (Jun '14) Jun '14 DC railroad buff ... 1
News Three brothers allowed to play basketball Frida... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kevin E Washington 1
Considering moving family to Sheboygan Falls (Apr '13) Apr '13 David 3

Sheboygan Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheboygan Falls Mortgages