Woman says she was fired for reportin...

Woman says she was fired for reporting harassment at Wisconsin company

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Woman says she was fired for reporting harassment at Wisconsin company. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleges a female employee of a Wisconsin woodworking company was fired after reporting that she had been sexually harassed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smartass

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jun 21, 2010
Few given facts, lots of blanks filled in by air heads. What all happened ? Did she flirt ? Her work record really does not matter. If she was goosed then the gander should be brought to justice. Jail, fine and payment....

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jun 21, 2010
This story didn't give us very much information!! Did she report this back in 2005 or just recently? If she did - how can she say she was fired because of something that happened 5 years ago? Just does not make any sense. Or did she just report it before she got fired - and is trying to hold onto her job? Too many holes in this story!
Affula

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jun 21, 2010
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you start the mass revolt with the rest of your ilk and leave the workforce. Then as an employer I might have some decent candidates to choose from not a bunch of sniveling, whiney adult children that feel I (we) owe them a job just because they are alive. In the words of someone who's name I will never utter. SUCK IT UP!
...no wonder you don't have any decent candidates. you'd probably be a good employer in north korea. out here in the rest of the civilized world, as an employer who feels their employees need to "suck it up" when they've been sexually harassed, you're part of the problem.
Mormon Nailer

United States

#27 Jun 21, 2010
You people have too much time on your hands. Get a job.
Mr Lipton

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Jun 21, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
A few of you have assumed it was a single pinch to to the caboose that the worker has reported. For all we know, it could have been far more insidious than that. Pretty short-sighted on the part of the company to fire her right after the complaint, though. I'd like to know what her work record looked like and what the official reason for termination was.
The incident was so egregious that it took the woman five years to report it. My bet: There never was any harassment and she was about to be fired for something else.
Belle

Wayne, NJ

#31 Jun 21, 2010
Mr Lipton wrote:
<quoted text>
The incident was so egregious that it took the woman five years to report it. My bet: There never was any harassment and she was about to be fired for something else.
Read the article. The lawsuit wasn't brought by EEOC until the company refused to deal with the problem, which has probably taken years to work through the system. Any boss who in any way uses his position to coherce and intimidate a worker is a sleeze. In 35 years of working, I've run across more than a few like him. Loud, embarassing scenes work well at the moment of contact. ;)

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#32 Jun 21, 2010
Mr Lipton wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I would be curious to see her performance record.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jun 21, 2010
cycle your future wrote:
I believe it! The big word they don't like in the workforce today is: NO! We need to have a worker's revolt (mass resignations) and let some of these businesses/companies go right down the toilet!!!
You sound like a very fooling, and ugly woman. I thin that with under/unemployment being what it is, the business community could withstand a 20% walkout without skipping a beat. Go ahead, quit your job, but keep in ming, all those Jenny Craig snacks are expensive.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Jun 21, 2010
Im a supervisor at a large construction company, ive helped investigate 8 such cases since 2007. All but one was thrown out. The one incident that did get a settlement was so ridicules it still bothers me. She basically extorted money from my boss.
needless to say, i approach these stories very cautiously.
help

United States

#35 Jun 23, 2010
there is alot more to the story she did report in 2005 and fire shortly after

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#36 Jun 26, 2010
Sadly in this economy, I'm seeing more of this. People taking more crap on the job because bosses think they can do whatever they want. Afterall, where are you going to go? Jobs are scare. It's sad but so many are suffering harrassment and not reporting it because they're afraid they could lose their job and then join the masses who are about to lose their Unemployment benefits. These are tough times and a lot of workers are being exploited.
peircing _corporate_veil

United States

#37 May 21, 2012
Liam wrote:
Im a supervisor at a large construction company, ive helped investigate 8 such cases since 2007. All but one was thrown out. The one incident that did get a settlement was so ridicules it still bothers me. She basically extorted money from my boss.
needless to say, i approach these stories very cautiously.
As a supervisor of a large construction company,that you claim to be,having investigated 8 such cases, would it be safe to say that the construction company of which you refer of is a repeat offender of sexual harassment?What else would explain why there would be so many instances hidden inside the same company walls to be investigated?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheboygan Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoffman's At Riverdale - Chocolate Chiffon Pie ... (Nov '13) Sep '17 betty 4
News Not just fluff and buff: Spas emphasize wellnes... Sep '17 Felix Goebbels 2
Spark Jul '17 robert 1
Shopping in Sheboygan (Jun '17) Jun '17 Sabu 1
News Weissler, Joseph B. (Dec '08) Mar '17 Geo k Weissler 2
News What's the status of the Plymouth-to-Kohler rai... (Jun '14) Jun '14 DC railroad buff ... 1
News Three brothers allowed to play basketball Frida... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kevin E Washington 1

Sheboygan Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheboygan Falls Mortgages