Woman says she was fired for reportin...

Woman says she was fired for reporting harassment at Wisconsin company

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Woman says she was fired for reporting harassment at Wisconsin company. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleges a female employee of a Wisconsin woodworking company was fired after reporting that she had been sexually harassed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MOM of westside

Rochester, MN

#1 Jun 21, 2010
the good ole' boys ALWAYS protect the good ole' boys........Doesn't faze me at all the she was fired for this ....don't fix the problem sweep it under the rug.
MOM of westside

Rochester, MN

#2 Jun 21, 2010
sorry I meant --get rid of the problem
Ex-golddigger

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Stupid! I assume that in a 'perfect America" she'd receive a multi-thousand dollar settlement for getting pinched on her butt at the Xmas party in 2005. Poor girl didn't get paid so she had no choice but do the "legal extortion" move and report the pinch to the EEOC. Perhaps in another 5 years and after $50,000 is spent in attorney fees and court costs she'll get her just due. America - the stupid.
She could have just smacked the supervisor and called it even. Golddigger.
Bob

Hastings, MN

#4 Jun 21, 2010
If it was just a pinch on the rear then she should be told to shut her pie hole and deal with it. Way to many uptight people these days.
Careful Bob

Lebanon, IL

#5 Jun 21, 2010
Is that what you'd do if your male & gay boss did that to you?
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jun 21, 2010
Ex-golddigger wrote:
Stupid! I assume that in a 'perfect America" she'd receive a multi-thousand dollar settlement for getting pinched on her butt at the Xmas party in 2005. Poor girl didn't get paid so she had no choice but do the "legal extortion" move and report the pinch to the EEOC. Perhaps in another 5 years and after $50,000 is spent in attorney fees and court costs she'll get her just due. America - the stupid.
She could have just smacked the supervisor and called it even. Golddigger.
Maybe she would just like to have a job... Why does a woman have to put up with this type of behavior? And why should she loose her job because she doesn't allow it to continue. Do you think we are still living in the 19th Century? Oh wait I forgot, woman are nothing but tools for mens entertainment...How about everyone respecting their co-workers regardless of their sex.
cycle your future

Burnsville, MN

#7 Jun 21, 2010
I believe it! The big word they don't like in the workforce today is: NO! We need to have a worker's revolt (mass resignations) and let some of these businesses/companies go right down the toilet!!!
About Time

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jun 21, 2010
It's about time a company fires these whiners. Any woman who doesn't like her boss only has to say she was harassed and boom there goes the boss and the stank is allowed to continue getting paid while not doing her job.
Bob

Hastings, MN

#9 Jun 21, 2010
Careful Bob wrote:
I wouldn't go crying to a lawyer and sue that's for sure.... maybe a nice punch to the nose would be sufficient.
Why

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jun 21, 2010
cycle your future wrote:
I believe it! The big word they don't like in the workforce today is: NO! We need to have a worker's revolt (mass resignations) and let some of these businesses/companies go right down the toilet!!!
Why don't you start the mass revolt with the rest of your ilk and leave the workforce. Then as an employer I might have some decent candidates to choose from not a bunch of sniveling, whiney adult children that feel I (we) owe them a job just because they are alive. In the words of someone who's name I will never utter. SUCK IT UP!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#11 Jun 21, 2010
A few of you have assumed it was a single pinch to to the caboose that the worker has reported. For all we know, it could have been far more insidious than that. Pretty short-sighted on the part of the company to fire her right after the complaint, though. I'd like to know what her work record looked like and what the official reason for termination was.
JEF

Burnsville, MN

#12 Jun 21, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go crying to a lawyer and sue that's for sure.... maybe a nice punch to the nose would be sufficient.
I think you meant a good kick down under.
Perry Mason

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jun 21, 2010
Over ninety percent of sexual harrasment lawsuits are won.

The company will settle out of court.
PatrheticGal

Findlay, OH

#15 Jun 21, 2010
My bet is she was a very poor performer who was given the boot out the door during the economic down turn in 2008-2009. This boot out of the door jogged her memory of the 2005 sexual harassment incident! It is pathetic to the low levels people will stoop!

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#17 Jun 21, 2010
Bob wrote:
If it was just a pinch on the rear then she should be told to shut her pie hole and deal with it. Way to many uptight people these days.
I suppose you'd tell your wife the same thing if she came home and told you that had happened to her?
buck

Cold Spring, MN

#18 Jun 21, 2010
zingbopper wrote:
Listen lady, don't flatter yourself, you ain't all that. be thankfull some guy showed interest in you at all. If men show no interest in you they are all jerks, if they do show interest in you, now he's a jerk. A pinch in the rear, oh my how devestating. Can you go on with life, or has this ruined it for you? Boo hoo. Maybe if you had a good poke once in a whil, you would'nt be so uptight.
Have you ever had any contact from any woman other than having a drink thrown in your face? Stay in your cave.
Experience

Chippewa Falls, WI

#19 Jun 21, 2010
Careful Bob wrote:
That's an impossible scenario. Homosexuals are a protected class in this country and you don't dare even think about reprimanding them, much less actually doing so. Homosexuals have more rights and status than any other group of people.
buck

Cold Spring, MN

#20 Jun 21, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you'd tell your wife the same thing if she came home and told you that had happened to her?
Do you really think someone would marry a clown like him? That's a really big assumption.
Unbelievable

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jun 21, 2010
Sexual Harassment is just that. She has alll the right to defend herself from perverts. No telling how many other women he's done this to. Stay tuned for that to come. At any rate who wants someone touching them or sexually harassing them because of their title...I don't think so...creep!!!! You men that think it's okay I have to wonder about how many women you all touched inappropriately and got into trouble about it. It's a shame...this woman has rights and her body belongs to her and not her boss' get that in your head...I ask as one writer asked "what would you do if you wife came home and told you she was being sexual harassed at work, what would you do if your daughter told you that...? Dah!!!!
Experience

Chippewa Falls, WI

#22 Jun 21, 2010
So this was a woodworker's party? Do you think her boss asked her to inspect the hardwood or to polish the dowels?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheboygan Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann and Nathan Schirmer (Feb '15) Aug 20 Semper Fi 4
News What's the status of the Plymouth-to-Kohler rai... (Jun '14) Jun '14 DC railroad buff ... 1
News Three brothers allowed to play basketball Frida... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kevin E Washington 1
Considering moving family to Sheboygan Falls (Apr '13) Apr '13 David 3
News Sheboygan Falls school building referendum fails (Apr '13) Apr '13 Carol Zoran 1
Need a CPR class? (Jan '13) Jan '13 Mike 1
News Presidential campaigns focus on battleground Wi... (Sep '12) Oct '12 mandacaye 4

Sheboygan Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheboygan Falls Mortgages