Wisconsin pastor charged with carryin...

Wisconsin pastor charged with carrying concealed gun

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 23, 2009, titled Wisconsin pastor charged with carrying concealed gun. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Sheboygan Falls pastor recently cited for a bow and arrow demonstration in church, is now charged with carrying a concealed weapon into a police station.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Good Job Police

Carlton, MN

#1 Apr 23, 2009
What a waste. If I was a resident of WI I would be outraged. Good thing they are taking the scum off the street by arresting a PRIEST!! Good job boys in blue.... Way to get those criminals off the street. Hey, I got a hot tip on a robbery for you. There's some old ladies using the walking path here in GR without a pass... GET 'em!!
Mrs R

United States

#2 Apr 23, 2009
Another example of the lunatic, right-wing conservative nutcases. These people are completely off their rockers! Sadly, this is yet ANOTHER example of the lunatics in Wisconsin doing more nutball things.
Dicky

United States

#4 Apr 23, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
Another example of the lunatic, right-wing conservative nutcases. These people are completely off their rockers! Sadly, this is yet ANOTHER example of the lunatics in Wisconsin doing more nutball things.
And yet the grandest lunatic of them all, Mrs. R, lives in Minnesota.
Your still funny, though.
Baron Von Rashke

La Grange, KY

#5 Apr 23, 2009
Another nut job in sconnie ? why is this news ?
p t bull

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Some public offials with extremely poor judgement.
Connie - Woodbury

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Our pastor, Larry, almost always carries a concealed wepon. We're also one of the few churches that not only doesn't have a "guns banned from premises" sign on it; in fact we have a signs saying "we respect the first and SECOND amendment here."

Darrell, my husband always carries to church, I do if I'm wearing a suit jacket, otherwise the holster ruins the line of my dress. I feel okay with that if Darrell has his piece. My younger daughter usually has her weapon as well, as she doesn't wear dresses as much as pants and sweaters.

There are rules, though, you have to have a permit--it sounds like this pastor forgot to get a permit.
p t bull

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 23, 2009
Mrs R wrote:

Frankly, if I thought my paster was carrying, I would go to church more often.

PS. U R so Hott!

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
Hey.....the Billy Goats Gruff are trying to cross your bridge. Better go stop them.

“YOU MAKE ME SICK”

Since: Mar 09

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Apr 23, 2009
must be a rough church,body armor,need for a handgun.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/2009042...
ThoseWhoLiveByTh eSword

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Hope no trigger happy saint shoots down a sinner before seeing the target. We know what harm results from sound shooting during deer season.
Mike Eshoff

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Apr 23, 2009
The Sheboygan paper explains the situation and the situation was similar to what I suspected: "Putnam told the officer he had the gun in his car and wore the body armor when he went to the parishioner's house to take three rifles from him."
citizen joe

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Apr 23, 2009
god, stops bullets.
JVJ

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Apr 23, 2009
You're awfully well armed and armored for someone that's supposed to think that God's watching out for ya..
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#15 Apr 23, 2009
Mrs R wrote:
Geez Mrs R, a little biased against all people of Wisconsin? You sound just like Homeland Secretary Napalitono with your comments about lunatic right wing conservative nut-cases. Just more dumb comments from a utopian liberal with no clue about the real world. Maybe you and Napalitono are one in the same, are you? I would say that we have plenty of lunatics like you in every state doing nutball things. Go Vikings!
Connie - Woodbury

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Apr 23, 2009
JVJ wrote:
You're awfully well armed and armored for someone that's supposed to think that God's watching out for ya..
Perhaps a parable will help. A man has a house on a riverbank. The river starts to rise. A deputy sheriff comes to tell the man he needs to leave. The man says, "No, God will save me." The river continues to rise, a National Guardsman arrives to take the man to safety in a boat. The man says, "No, God will save me." The river continues to rise to the rooftop, a Coast Guardsman in a helicopter tries to rescue the man off the roof. The man says, "No, God will save me."

The man drowns.

When he reaches the pearly gates, he asks St. Peter, "why didn't God save me?" St. Peter says, replies, "who do you think sent the deputy sheriff, the national guard and the coast guard?"

This parable relates to the issue at hand this way: who do you think gave Man the ability to defend himself with guns and bullets.

Have a blessed day.
Joliet Jake

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 23, 2009
It was just a mix up. Everyone in Sheboygan Falls knows that Thursdays are Hard Liquor & HandGun Nite at the Church.
No Foul ,,,, No Fine.
Crusoe

Downers Grove, IL

#18 Apr 23, 2009
Connie - Woodbury wrote:
Our pastor, Larry, almost always carries a concealed wepon. We're also one of the few churches that not only doesn't have a "guns banned from premises" sign on it; in fact we have a signs saying "we respect the first and SECOND amendment here."
Darrell, my husband always carries to church, I do if I'm wearing a suit jacket, otherwise the holster ruins the line of my dress. I feel okay with that if Darrell has his piece. My younger daughter usually has her weapon as well, as she doesn't wear dresses as much as pants and sweaters.
There are rules, though, you have to have a permit--it sounds like this pastor forgot to get a permit.
Woooo hoooo, chicks with guns. I think all those gun nu--, er, enthusiasts will think impure thoughts during the service if they know all the phillies are strapped.

What are you so worried about? Do you have solid gold pews or something? Did you bust up the bingo game on Thursday at a rival church. T.P. a narthex somewhere?

You are much more likly to be killed driving to church or killed by bees or sharks than you are to be killed by a nut who storms a church. At least in a normal church. However, you church, Our Lady of Smith and Wesson (or is it St. Luger), the chances of being shot in church probably higher than normal.
Crusoe

Downers Grove, IL

#19 Apr 23, 2009
Connie - Woodbury wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a parable will help. A man has a house on a riverbank. The river starts to rise. A deputy sheriff comes to tell the man he needs to leave. The man says, "No, God will save me." The river continues to rise, a National Guardsman arrives to take the man to safety in a boat. The man says, "No, God will save me." The river continues to rise to the rooftop, a Coast Guardsman in a helicopter tries to rescue the man off the roof. The man says, "No, God will save me."
The man drowns.
When he reaches the pearly gates, he asks St. Peter, "why didn't God save me?" St. Peter says, replies, "who do you think sent the deputy sheriff, the national guard and the coast guard?"
This parable relates to the issue at hand this way: who do you think gave Man the ability to defend himself with guns and bullets.
Have a blessed day.
Why doesn't the man just shoot the river?
Crusoe

Downers Grove, IL

#20 Apr 23, 2009
Vikings Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez Mrs R, a little biased against all people of Wisconsin? You sound just like Homeland Secretary Napalitono with your comments about lunatic right wing conservative nut-cases. Just more dumb comments from a utopian liberal with no clue about the real world. Maybe you and Napalitono are one in the same, are you? I would say that we have plenty of lunatics like you in every state doing nutball things. Go Vikings!
Go Vikings? Who's the nutball around here?
Crusoe

Downers Grove, IL

#21 Apr 23, 2009
Mike Eshoff wrote:
The Sheboygan paper explains the situation and the situation was similar to what I suspected: "Putnam told the officer he had the gun in his car and wore the body armor when he went to the parishioner's house to take three rifles from him."
Taking guns away from people, does the Rev. get to church in a black helicopter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheboygan Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spark Jul '17 robert 1
Shopping in Sheboygan Jun '17 Sabu 1
News Justice Department warns of gangs in Wisconsin (Dec '08) Apr '17 Defeat Elizabeth ... 76
News Weissler, Joseph B. (Dec '08) Mar '17 Geo k Weissler 2
News What's the status of the Plymouth-to-Kohler rai... (Jun '14) Jun '14 DC railroad buff ... 1
News Three brothers allowed to play basketball Frida... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kevin E Washington 1
Considering moving family to Sheboygan Falls (Apr '13) Apr '13 David 3

Sheboygan Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheboygan Falls Mortgages