LIQUOR STORE CLERK DEATH: Police Suspect Foul Play in Liquor Store ...

Full story: Fox4KC

A liquor store clerk was found dead inside Grovenberg Liquors Wednesday night in Shawnee, Kan.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 25, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad

Shawnee, KS

#1 May 13, 2010
what is goin on in our city? johnson county use to be a safe place to live, i grew up in shawnee....this is getting ridiculous, we have been going in to mr. g's for years and to wake up to that is heartbreaking
johnson

Leawood, KS

#2 May 13, 2010
The ghetto from Wyandotte county is expanding North into the areas with lower priced homes. With the ghetto comes the crime rats. Any part of that Shawnee Mission North school district is in the sharpest decline.
immichfrog

Kansas City, MO

#3 May 13, 2010
The people running that liquor store are the nicest, kindest people working long hours just to make a living. I used to go there more when I lived in the apartments across the street. I pray for their families and hope that they can overcome this. I seek justice for whomever is responsible!!
Jennifer

Liberty, MO

#4 May 13, 2010
I cannot believe that someone would do this! I too have known Mr. G and family and I know there has been a few robberies, but for his family to be put through this? What is the deal!? I have lived in the area for at least 7 years and I am not liking what I see around me. I don't even have my own 2 children in schools around here. When I first moved here it was beautiful. Now, it is just plain SCARY! I guess it is time to find a nicer neighborhood. I don't make much money, but I will find a way to get out of this place...it is going down fast. Who do these people think they are? Go back to where every you came from!
Tracie

Agency, MO

#5 May 13, 2010
Why is it everytime something happens they blame wyandotte county people - does johnson county not have trash? They really do and don't come from Wyandotte. Sorry fools.
johnson

Leawood, KS

#6 May 13, 2010
Tracie wrote:
Why is it everytime something happens they blame wyandotte county people - does johnson county not have trash? They really do and don't come from Wyandotte. Sorry fools.
The ghetto in KCK, Turner, Argentine, etc... is moving South into the Northern part of Johnson County, period. You are either blind or don't follow crime blotters. Do you see this type and the volume of crime at 103rd or South? Drugs, poverty, booze, no-education, no parents, you know. It's only a coincidence that these areas are predominantly (70%) minority.
saddened

Columbus, OH

#7 May 13, 2010
Jennifer wrote:
I cannot believe that someone would do this! I too have known Mr. G and family and I know there has been a few robberies, but for his family to be put through this? What is the deal!? I have lived in the area for at least 7 years and I am not liking what I see around me. I don't even have my own 2 children in schools around here. When I first moved here it was beautiful. Now, it is just plain SCARY! I guess it is time to find a nicer neighborhood. I don't make much money, but I will find a way to get out of this place...it is going down fast. Who do these people think they are? Go back to where every you came from!
Jennifer when you find that nicer neighborhood let me know, because it seems no where is safe now. There is robberies and crimes everywhere. Let me know when you find that area and maybe I would will move there too
sad

Shawnee, KS

#8 May 13, 2010
im sorry but it is true and its not just wyandotte county moving to johnson county its also kcmo too that neighborhood is drug infested either people doing drugs or selling drugs.....the police really need to crack down in that area
Lisa

Kansas City, KS

#9 May 13, 2010
johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ghetto in KCK, Turner, Argentine, etc... is moving South into the Northern part of Johnson County, period. You are either blind or don't follow crime blotters. Do you see this type and the volume of crime at 103rd or South? Drugs, poverty, booze, no-education, no parents, you know. It's only a coincidence that these areas are predominantly (70%) minority.
DONT BE STUPIED! Everybody that lives in KCK does not live in the ghetto! I live on 123rd and it's very nice. My heart goes out to the family.
johnson

Leawood, KS

#10 May 13, 2010
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text> DONT BE STUPIED! Everybody that lives in KCK does not live in the ghetto! I live on 123rd and it's very nice. My heart goes out to the family.
You live in a high violent crime city. Danger lurks! Be carefull!
Tia

Kansas City, MO

#11 May 13, 2010
why is it everytime something happens in the great (joco) it's has to be a racial thing there is crime everywhere not just in kc or kck do the math and resource who's to say the he didnt die of natural causes have a cause of death been released yet NO. So some of you so called intelligent people need to get the facts straight first before you respond. And not evveryone that so called lives in the ghetto is on drugs or selling drugs there are decent people living in crime infested areas everywhere how about the child molesters and child abusers that come out of joco let's talk about that oops i forgot the richest white kids that is selling the meth and the ecstasy pills oh that might be a touchy subject for some of you joco folks there is drug and prostution coming out of joco and everywhere else stop being part of the problem and find a solution to stop the killing and drugs being sold in any neighborhood. this is 2010 not 1975 stop being blind to everything you see and hear if the blacks wanted to take over the joco or anywhere else they would have done it by known but it's ok to let the foreigners come over here and but up all the nails shops and beauty supply stores and even chinese resturants but nothing is said about that and they slinging more prostution out of the so called massage parlors and there houses then they law is allowed so you want to judge the minority's lets talk about all the races. known stick that in your tail pipe and smoke on it
Heidi

Liberty, MO

#12 May 13, 2010
It's a shame that everyone just wants to put the blame game out there. I just pray that this family is somehow consoled in this tragedy, and if foul play was involved that they will find the person who did it. They are very nice people at Mr. G's. The family is in my prayers.
KF Lenexa

Lenexa, KS

#13 May 13, 2010
Heidi wrote:
It's a shame that everyone just wants to put the blame game out there. I just pray that this family is somehow consoled in this tragedy, and if foul play was involved that they will find the person who did it. They are very nice people at Mr. G's. The family is in my prayers.
I agree on both of your statements. They are the nicest people, we've been going there for years, it's nice have a small family owned business and they recognized you when you come in! You don't find that in a lot of places anymore. It doesn't matter who did it or the type of people around there, it's just very sad and a loss for Shawnee
Johnson County Idiots

Kansas City, KS

#14 May 13, 2010
johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a high violent crime city. Danger lurks! Be carefull!
Typical Johnson County idiot who thinks he/she is better than everyone else. I am white and have lived in Wyandotte County all my life and never have I had any problems. Johnson County has for a long time been able to cover up their kids problems because they had money. Its not that way anymore. Finally the law is cracking down on the little rich kids who for so long were able to get away with things because of their parents. Don't blame the problems on other counties blame it on these parents whose only concerns are their social status and who give their kids everything except love, discipline and care. Drugs are rampant in Johnson county because these rich kids have the money to buy it. Don't fool yourself thinking that you all are above everyone. You just have the money to cover it up and make it go away.
Tia

Kansas City, MO

#15 May 13, 2010
let the church say amen to the above statement given by the Johnson County Idiots you couldn't have put it in a better perspective way money talks and bs walks thats basically what it boils down to. Money Power and respect. let the truth be told some of the dope excuse me majority of the dope that is being sold is coming from (JOCO)
ShortyGirl

Washington, DC

#16 May 13, 2010
I have lived in several of the surrounding counties (Johnson, Jackson, Cass, and Wyandotte). Crime is everywhere, even in your precious Johnson County! I lived off of 123rd and Antioch, there were people braking into cars, houses, and apartments ALL THE TIME! There was also TONS of drug use and dealing around there. The crimes kept happening cause the stuck up parents of these stuck up little brats didnt dicipline their children, they just handed everything to them. The point is there is crime all over the place, dont blame it on one specific race or county. That is just ridiculous!
Watch out

Mount Pleasant, MI

#17 May 13, 2010
The reason for the crime from KC coming into Johnson county is that the criminal element knows that police departments in Johnson County are very touchy feely. Many officers in Johnson County complain that they are not allowed to do any real pro-active police work for fear of lawsuits. They are yelled at, hit and spit on by more KCK and KCMO thugs than the officers in those cities. Why not come to Johnson County and commit a crime. The police won't chase you and your chances of getting caught are very slim. Yes, I am a police officer in Johnson County. So I know what i'm talking about.
Anita

Liberty, MO

#18 May 13, 2010
I knew these people well, and I send my condolences. He was a good man, and his family will be in my prayers.
Johnson County Idiots

Kansas City, KS

#19 May 13, 2010
Watch out wrote:
The reason for the crime from KC coming into Johnson county is that the criminal element knows that police departments in Johnson County are very touchy feely. Many officers in Johnson County complain that they are not allowed to do any real pro-active police work for fear of lawsuits. They are yelled at, hit and spit on by more KCK and KCMO thugs than the officers in those cities. Why not come to Johnson County and commit a crime. The police won't chase you and your chances of getting caught are very slim. Yes, I am a police officer in Johnson County. So I know what i'm talking about.
Being in the justice system I have seen so many of your own from Johnson County and Overland Park getting out of trouble and having it washed away because of money. It is very frustrating to do your job when parents can have it swept under the rug and kept out of the papers because they have money. Its not just KCK or KCMO its your own area also.
Johnson County Idiots

Kansas City, KS

#20 May 13, 2010
Watch out wrote:
Are you actually from Johnson County or Michigan? It shows Michigan!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shawnee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 2 hr USA 250
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 8 hr The Kangaroo 197
Leavenworth business owner indicted for bank fraud Aug 26 acid man 1
Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Aug 22 MSRose 159
Put MTS to Final Cut Pro Aunsoft iMedia Conve... Aug 19 CheneyChen 1
Debate: Marijuana - Overland Park, KS (Aug '10) Aug 17 Cali 70
Job subway inside walmart Aug 8 Lol 2
•••
•••
•••