Who do you support for Board of Educa...

Who do you support for Board of Education at-Large in North Carolina (Currituck County) in 2010?

Posted in the Shawboro Forum

Involved Parent

Dubuque, IA

#1 Oct 18, 2010
When concerned parents called a meeting regarding a change in the grading policy Pat was the ONLY school board member to show up. She clearly cared about our concerns and that is why I am voting for her in this election.
C-tuck Parent

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#2 Oct 19, 2010
I don't think Stretar is a leader or has done much while in office. Dobney HAD my vote until I went to a "meet the candidates" forum. All he could talk about was what HE did. He was obnoxious and arrogant. That's not always bad until it disrespects everyone else. His take on state test scores is too one sided. Most of those tests are rediculous, anyways. I blame the problems with the schools at this time on the Superintendant. SHe has no clue, and the current board rubber stamps everything she brings to them.
politically motivated

Dubuque, IA

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Pat stretar sucks!!! Sorry job so far!! Elect Dobney!!! Proven leadership!!!
caring teacher

Lillington, NC

#4 Oct 19, 2010
I have 40 years teaching experience in public schools. Pat Stretar is a forward thinking candidate who sees through the phony statistics produced by Dobney et al.
Pa Riggs

Raleigh, NC

#5 Oct 22, 2010
Sometimes just being there isn't enough. Action, though, means that there is still hope and change out there. Our children deserve better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shawboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Currtuck Dispatchers Jul '15 rppp 2
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 19
new resident need resources Jun '15 cny 1
moving to the area Jun '15 cny 1
Camden causeway / Elizabeth City bridge. (Oct '14) May '15 Taxpayer 4
Body found in EC Last Night May '15 Sky 1
News Hundreds attend National Day of Prayer events May '15 Tazo 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shawboro Mortgages