Who do you support for State Senate in North Carolina (District 1) in 2010?

Posted in the Shawboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carolyn

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Senator Basnight has had long enough in his seat. No career politicians!

Richardson won't increase taxes. Basnight will increase taxes.
Jennifer S.

Kitty Hawk, NC

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Marc Basnight needs to go! He is only out for himself and special interests. He WILL raise taxes to support his pork barrel spending ie Mid-Currituck Bridge 28 million per year for at least 50 years because the project will NEVER pay for itself and it will be a Toll Bridge IF and thats a big IF it gets built. No to career politicians!
c.staples

Nashville, NC

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Time for a change, feel like our state is going nowhere.
concerned

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Oct 19, 2010
until Marc Basnight went to the Senate no state money was being spent East of Raleigh. Marc fought for us all on the East coast and we began to prosper and grow. Anyone in his district could call his office with a REAL need and have the support and help of his staff. I can name you so many. Party affiliation aside. By the way...I'm a registered Republican and beleive in term limits, but this man has done more for District 1 than any one in the state.
His opponants ads slurring Marc show no class! Politics as usual !!!
Lets keep integrity in the Senate.
NEED MORE TAXES

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Oct 20, 2010
I SUPPORT THE ONE WHO RAISES MY TAXES,YOU SEE
I LOVE FOR THE STATE TO TICK AWAY MY MONEY.VOTE
FOR THE ONE THAT WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES IT IS BETTER
IN THEIR POCKETS THAN OURS!!!!!!
HAHA

Coats, NC

#6 Oct 21, 2010
concerned wrote:
until Marc Basnight went to the Senate no state money was being spent East of Raleigh. Marc fought for us all on the East coast and we began to prosper and grow. Anyone in his district could call his office with a REAL need and have the support and help of his staff. I can name you so many. Party affiliation aside. By the way...I'm a registered Republican and beleive in term limits, but this man has done more for District 1 than any one in the state.
His opponants ads slurring Marc show no class! Politics as usual !!!
Lets keep integrity in the Senate.
Marc made it illegal for me to take my groceries inside without first spilling them all over the driveway. Give me back my plastic bags.

Why did he make it illegal for my neighborhood but not his?
concerned

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Oct 23, 2010
paper bags.....REALLY!
AntiBasnight

Duncan, SC

#9 Oct 23, 2010
Plastic Bags.
pac

Currituck, NC

#10 Oct 25, 2010
no explanation necessary.
OBXER

Fuquay Varina, NC

#11 Oct 26, 2010
Before you people start bitching about plastic bags, do a little research. Do you now how terrible plastic is for our environment??? Have you ever heard of Trash Islad??? If you dont care about people living now at least have a little consideration for the generations to come, why should they suffer from our carelessness. Oh yeah, to 'HAHA' plastic bags are illegal in Dare County too....once again, do a little research and get you facts straight.
OBXER

Fuquay Varina, NC

#12 Oct 26, 2010
*Island
fedupincurr

AOL

#13 Oct 28, 2010
Basnight has to go. Mr. Basnight always sides with the wrong people.
HAHA

Coats, NC

#14 Oct 28, 2010
OBXER wrote:
Before you people start bitching about plastic bags, do a little research. Do you now how terrible plastic is for our environment??? Have you ever heard of Trash Islad??? If you dont care about people living now at least have a little consideration for the generations to come, why should they suffer from our carelessness. Oh yeah, to 'HAHA' plastic bags are illegal in Dare County too....once again, do a little research and get you facts straight.
No dummy, they are illegal in most of Dare County. They are not illegal on Roanoke Island where Basnight lives. Maybe you should do a little research. Basnight specifically excluded his neighborhood.
Charlie

Dubuque, IA

#15 Oct 29, 2010
Basnite is perfect example for having term limits.
C'tucker

Dubuque, IA

#16 Oct 31, 2010
The time has come for some new blood.
District 1 voter

Cameron, NC

#17 Nov 1, 2010
Marc Basnight has always worked for the welfare of the state, and especially his district!
District 1 voter

Cameron, NC

#18 Nov 1, 2010
Marc Basnight has always worked for the welfare of his state, and especially his district!
Yuck

Spring Hope, NC

#19 Nov 1, 2010
OBXER wrote:
You dummy, banning grocery bags in 20 grocery stores isn't going to touch your "trash island". How about plastic bottles? Should we ban those too? Do you drive? Your car has plenty of plastic.

I want to know why he didn't ban plastic bags in Manteo. Actually I know why, I just want to hear him say it. It's because he lives there. Most of the houses where the bags are banned are on pilings, meaning we have to carry our groceries upstairs. I used to be able to carry them all in one trip. Now if I forget that stupid canvas bag, I have to make 2 or 3 trips. That may or may not include another trip to pick up the stuff that fell out of the bag that broke.

The recycled paper bags are horrible. If I buy anything frozen, that bag WILL tear apart.

So screw you Basnight. I voted for the other guy. I used to respect you until you pulled this.
NutsCluelessSpam

Clayton, NC

#20 Nov 1, 2010
Jesus crimony, people. Get some GD cloth tote bags and get on with your life. Sheesh! What's done is DONE. You can carry a shitload more in a handled cloth tote bag than in three plastic bags. If you love GD plastic bags so GD much, go buy them in bulk at Staples or Sam's Club or something. GD.
NutsCluelessSpam

Clayton, NC

#21 Nov 1, 2010
They don't have plastic bags at the Piggly Wiggly, either, and I do believe that is in...Manteo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shawboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 8 min Liberal forever 60,108
Police arrest man who wins doughnut-eating contest Sep 26 Sally Brown 11
Mid-Currituck Bridge to the OBX: Will it be built? Sep 12 Native Transplant 19
the music thread (Mar '12) Aug '14 plight 17
Police seek help finding missing man Jul '14 yvonne 1
A good move for Currituck crossing (Feb '11) Jul '14 Yankee 4
Baltimore artist plays neosoul music to pursue ... Jul '14 Eileen 1

Shawboro Jobs

Shawboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Shawboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shawboro

Personal Finance