First Prev
of 2
Next Last
daughter

Morehead, KY

#2 May 3, 2010
Well i would suggest you go to the Water Office and ask some questions. No need to get on this site and start shit!
no water

Grayson, KY

#3 May 3, 2010
I will start shit if I want to, I suggest you come and stop me. This is getting ridiculous. This happens 2 or 3 times a year. Everyone needs to call the KY Service Commission and complain.
HENRY

Morehead, KY

#4 May 3, 2010
no water wrote:
I will start shit if I want to, I suggest you come and stop me. This is getting ridiculous. This happens 2 or 3 times a year. Everyone needs to call the KY Service Commission and complain.
please do
daughter

Morehead, KY

#5 May 4, 2010
Well I can already see how grown up you are stop you from what being stuip you are not the only damn person out of water. By the way the Ky Service number is in the phone book or better yet call the water office and get it I am sure they will give it to you!
Enough

Alto, GA

#6 May 4, 2010
I am sure no one is happy about not having water, but its not that fault- blame Morehead and the flood. If you dont like the water service get it somewhere else, haul it in from another town we really dont care, we are all in the same shape, the people that work at the water office have no water either or their families.
Crystal Spencer

Morehead, KY

#7 May 4, 2010
Well the water is back on lets find something else to bitch about! Oh and by the way I know how hard my father has worked in his 28 years for Sharpsburg Water so I don't think you or noone else needs to be on here bad mouthing him. I am sure
I am not the only one who feels this way and if you have parents I am sure you wouldn't like people talking about them if you knew everyday they got out and worked giving 100%! I am sorry you feel the way you do about the water company but I assure you if the water can be fixed at the time it will be fixed! As far as the price of water they have a meeting the 1st of every month I would suggest you go to one.
no water

Grayson, KY

#8 May 5, 2010
who actually owns the water company? Is it private or owned by the government? I never said one word about whoever your dad is. Maybe, just maybe, I was pointing the blame at the higher ups. Does your dad own the company? if not shut your trap.
Enough

Alto, GA

#9 May 5, 2010
What in the hell could they do about this situation? Do you have water now? It was back on as soon as possible. Have some respect for those who lost everything in the flood. I am sure you could go to a relatives to shower and buy water from the store. Show some respect. Thanks, Candi (another family member!)
Crystal Spencer

Morehead, KY

#10 May 6, 2010
no water wrote:
who actually owns the water company? Is it private or owned by the government? I never said one word about whoever your dad is. Maybe, just maybe, I was pointing the blame at the higher ups. Does your dad own the company? if not shut your trap.
No my dad does not own the water company and since you know so much you should know. Also by the way what you said is talking about my father cause he fixes the damn leeks when he can get to them but with all the creeks flooded he sure couldn't get to the leak he works with a backhoe not a boat~! Oh and my name is on here so you want me to shut up come find me or better yet give me yours.
Neighbor

Louisville, KY

#11 Aug 11, 2010
I just wish they didn't smoke in there. The water bill still smells like smoke SITTING IN MY MAIL BOX. The walls of the old office were greasy with smoke and tar - their new office isn't far from it.

My apologies to those that work there - but it's nasty.
unknown

Winder, GA

#12 Aug 11, 2010
Well getting on here and talking about it will do no good i think you need to go to higher ground if you really want to stop it and besides just leave your mailbox lid down that way the smoke can get out!
Wondering

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Aug 11, 2010
I love George, Debbie, and Gayle. They work hard to get water as soon as possible to everyone who needs it.George is out at all hours of the day and night trying to get leaks fixed and water running for everyone. He does a great job! I will, however, agree with Neighbor that the smoke stench is offensive to those of us that dont smoke. With it being a government office it should abide by the same strict rules every other government run building has to follow. Im sure it would inconvenience those that work and smoke there but when you have to go there, you leave smelling like an ashtray. No one should have to leave their mailbox lid sown and chance losing their mail to the elements because of something like this.
Raymond Withrow

Olive Hill, KY

#14 Aug 11, 2010
I get my water bill from Sharpsburg every month, I have for 18 years mine has never smelled like smoke.Maybe your bill just dose"nt smelll like the smoke that your smoking.Have"nt you heard of the drive thru window? That is the reason it"s there,sos you don"t have to go in.. You need to leave Debbie, George and Gayle alone.
Neighbor

Louisville, KY

#15 Aug 12, 2010
Wow.. Raymond, I don't smoke (neither does anyone in my family) so thank you so much for an ignorant comment. Defensive much? Never complained about the employees, just the smoke. And I drop my payment off in the box or window every month, so thank you for your snide comment.

And by the way, employees at the post office have made similar comments about the smoke. Untwist your panties and chill out.

And lastly, I never made any personal comments about the employees there - I happen to think quite highly of them as well. But the smoke is a fact - get over it.
Raymond Withrow

Lexington, KY

#16 Aug 12, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
Wow.. Raymond, I don't smoke (neither does anyone in my family) so thank you so much for an ignorant comment. Defensive much? Never complained about the employees, just the smoke. And I drop my payment off in the box or window every month, so thank you for your snide comment.
And by the way, employees at the post office have made similar comments about the smoke. Untwist your panties and chill out.
And lastly, I never made any personal comments about the employees there - I happen to think quite highly of them as well. But the smoke is a fact - get over it.
Well neighbor I don"t smoke that much, but it does"t bother whe other people do..What does get my panties i a wad is people like you. Who hides behides a computer to complain about things and won"t give there real name.. What you should be worring about is alll the pillheads in Sharpsburg
Neighbor

Louisville, KY

#17 Aug 12, 2010
Funny that you're spending so much time getting defensive when someone says "I wish they didn't smoke in the building", then telling me to spend my time worrying about pillheads. You sound a little hypocritical about your own priorities.

Ah yes, and thanks for falling back on the trusty "hiding behind your computer" comment. Always handy to use the classics, isn't it? I didn't realize I was delving into such a controversial topic.

I also forgot that those working there own the building, having built it with their own hard earned funds, instead of it being a public building. Or that I even have a choice using their service. Oh... and don't forget that we're not allowed to voice an opinion about something like this. What was I thinking by making a rather innocent comment?

Again, to those that work there, I've always thought highly of you, but I stand behind my wish that you didn't smoke in the building. Often we don't notice something until someone points it out to us. I didn't think my original comment was offensive, yet obviously poor Raymond found it deeply offensive and has been in a froth defending what he perceived as a personal attack on you all day.

Raymond, I've wasted enough time on you. Enjoy your righteous anger over a comment like mine, I'd hate to see how you get over something that's really important. And quick, type a response so you feel you have gotten the last word, thereby vindicating your self-righteousness. It's been fun ticking you off.
Raymond Withrow

Lexington, KY

#18 Aug 12, 2010
Well neighbor I see you comented back, except you forgot one thing that is you"r name or are you scared that I will come whip you"r ass, or maybe you are just a chicken shit. Debbie was my sister_in_law for 19 years.. As you know the water office is"nt a goverment building, So if you don"t want to be around the smoke, use the drive through.....
Customer

Worton, MD

#19 Sep 5, 2010
Raymond Withrow wrote:
Well neighbor I see you comented back, except you forgot one thing that is you"r name or are you scared that I will come whip you"r ass, or maybe you are just a chicken shit. Debbie was my sister_in_law for 19 years.. As you know the water office is"nt a goverment building, So if you don"t want to be around the smoke, use the drive through.....
Just another Bath County Idiot..........
alsocustomer

Grayson, KY

#20 Sep 5, 2010
Went to pay our bill at the drive through window and the smoke smell was terrable. The people who work there are sweet but wow, the smell was bad and I used to smoke.
ozie

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2010
well thats a public place and i don't think they should smoke in there either. you can't smoke in a restrant what's the difference....SMOKE IS SMOKE.... that needs to be taken care of...........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sharpsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 16 min Wow 3,434
Tiffany kiskaden 1 hr Shane 1
gnc (Dec '09) 2 hr . 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Raji 149,022
Ghostbusters mass hysteria ambulance 3 hr WTF 1
Do people REALLY understand the damage a lie or... 3 hr sad 6
Amber Rowe 4 hr Annie 10

Sharpsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance