Capt. Richard Goudy
dan kellum

AOL

#1 Feb 28, 2007
I'm looking for information on a Sharon Springs native Capt. Richard Goudy who was killed in Vietnam August 9, 1965. My understanding was that he was killed when shot down while flying an F100 jet over Duc Co in Pleiku Province. I'm trying to confirm this was the gentleman in question for a story on the battle of Duc Co I'm putting in a book. Dan Kellum [email protected]
Sharon Still

Sharon Springs, KS

#2 Sep 3, 2008
dan kellum wrote:
I'm looking for information on a Sharon Springs native Capt. Richard Goudy who was killed in Vietnam August 9, 1965. My understanding was that he was killed when shot down while flying an F100 jet over Duc Co in Pleiku Province. I'm trying to confirm this was the gentleman in question for a story on the battle of Duc Co I'm putting in a book. Dan Kellum [email protected]
Hi Mr Kellum, I live in Sharon Springs Ks and know the gentlemans mother she is still living here and her daughter visits her often I could get her phone # for you,email me at [email protected] not sure if she will be able to answer your questions but you can give it a try.
George Baca

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jan 6, 2013
I recently came across a website that mentioned Capt. Richard Goudy who was killed in VN August 9, 1965. This article was of interest to me because I was the crew chief who strapped him into the cockpit and unknowingly sent him on his last mission. I remember a short conversation with him just before he taxied to the end of the runway. He briefly mentioned to me about how much he missed his children and his family and could hardly wait to see them again. I am wondering if any of them are still living in the Sharon Springs area. I remember the grief everybody experienced on the flight line when all the airplines returned except his, although we still held out hope he would be rescued. Needless to say, our hopes were later shattered and we did hold a memorial service for him on Bien Hoa Air Base, which was a very sad occasion for our squadrom. I still proudly display my 429th Squadron patch along with other Air Force mementos, and I never have forgotten Capt. Goudy.
Lucy Stiles

Corbin, KY

#4 Sep 12, 2014
George Baca wrote:
I recently came across a website that mentioned Capt. Richard Goudy who was killed in VN August 9, 1965. This article was of interest to me because I was the crew chief who strapped him into the cockpit and unknowingly sent him on his last mission. I remember a short conversation with him just before he taxied to the end of the runway. He briefly mentioned to me about how much he missed his children and his family and could hardly wait to see them again. I am wondering if any of them are still living in the Sharon Springs area. I remember the grief everybody experienced on the flight line when all the airplines returned except his, although we still held out hope he would be rescued. Needless to say, our hopes were later shattered and we did hold a memorial service for him on Bien Hoa Air Base, which was a very sad occasion for our squadrom. I still proudly display my 429th Squadron patch along with other Air Force mementos, and I never have forgotten Capt. Goudy.
Not many of the family still remains, but I know my grandmother loved him. I wish that I could have met my grandfather. I know he was a wonder person who is still missed to this day. It makes me happy to see this so many years later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sharon Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas man gets 50-year term for sex abuse of c... (Feb '11) Nov 21 The mother 12
Pheasant hunting. Nov 19 Hunt5 1
hot kccc officers Oct '16 coroffcr 1
mrs peterson Oct '16 coroffcr 1
Yippeeee Guess who resigned??? Jul '16 hometownischitown 1
Review: Motel 7 (Apr '13) Mar '16 Diane 2
Sharon Springs community meetings for safety (Feb '14) Feb '14 EricCBishop14 1

Sharon Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sharon Springs Mortgages