Comments
61 - 80 of 82 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2014
Loud Mouth

Lubbock, TX

#64 Jul 4, 2011
Dont eat out or order out if you cant tip. If you get bad service then by all means dont tip. If someone gives you good service then you should show them your appriciation by tipping. That is why good service is slipping because of non tippers. Thanks alot.
WTF

Lubbock, TX

#65 Jul 18, 2011
I disagree, Loud Mouth, I believe good service is slipping because of the servers. I think it's a generational thing.
Loud Mouth

Lubbock, TX

#66 Jul 18, 2011
So that is an excuse not to tip when you get good service.
WTF

Lubbock, TX

#67 Jul 19, 2011
excuse me...I DO tip when I get good service. Hell, I even tip when I get so-so service. I am just NOT inclined to tip when I get shitty service. I think that good service is slipping because of the servers, and what they are raised to think and how they are raised to act.
Dead Heads

Gainesville, TX

#68 Jul 24, 2011
WTF wrote:
excuse me...I DO tip when I get good service. Hell, I even tip when I get so-so service. I am just NOT inclined to tip when I get shitty service. I think that good service is slipping because of the servers, and what they are raised to think and how they are raised to act.
Couldn't have said it better! We can't forget the training, though. I was trained and I don't think they are being trained. If they are trained then the managers are of the same mentality as the servers. If you ask to speak to a manager to report a particular incident, you will quickly realize why you were treated so piss poor by the employee. I've always been an excellent tipper, but I will leave nothing if I get any attitude. Now, put a fake smile on that face and try to act normal until quittin' time!
Stupid people

Arlington, TX

#69 Jul 26, 2011
Listen idiot. I don't know where you get your facts from. Any delivery charge is the stores way of making more money. The driver DOES NOT GET THAT! Hell dominoes even wrote that on the front of their boxes!! "any delivery charge is not a tip paid to your driver, please reward your driver". Next time learn something before you open your cheap mouth.
SO WHAT JERK wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
YOU GOT YOUR SHACKUP KNOCKED UP ! You don't earn enough from your first job, Why is that our problem ? Delivery of a pizza automatically charges the customer a delivery fee. That is yours for delivering the pizza to the customer. Why should they pay twice ? You need to relearn how to read & write. If you do a good job, usually you will receive a tip. If you are the jerk you portray; you don't deserve any extra as a tip. Be advised, tampering with a food product is considered a felony in most jurisdictions. And, then all you meals being served to you will most likely be suspect. You sound like an uneducated, louse. I pity your family, to have you as a role model.
Mark K

Lubbock, TX

#70 Jan 30, 2012
Crystal wrote:
ppl dont have to tip. waitors and any other ppl that get tips already get their hourly wage so wtf be happy and dont demand for other ppls money
Ok Crystal.. They don't get minimum wadge. They get 2.13/hr. If you don't tip the government taxes them on how much you purchase as a way for them to track taxes. You don't tip them they are making negative money. Keep that in mind when you go out and eat somewhere. P.S. your most likely Mexican.
Some

Oklahoma City, OK

#71 Jan 30, 2012
rudeness wrote:
its the patrons CHOICE to tip just like its their CHOICE where to eat. if they don't feel like tipping they don't have to. so put ya'lls panties out of a wad and suck it up. if you don't like it get a better paying job. you can flip burgers at burger king for minimum wage and it doesnt take a genius to do that
I worked my way through school in dusty ole Lubbock Tx and depended on tips for my living expenses. I provided good service and was sometimes disappointed when red neck Flo left a dime and quarter after gorging on lobster. You can't afford to leave a tip then 7 Eleven has good hot dogs.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#72 Jan 30, 2012
Mark K wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Crystal.. They don't get minimum wadge. They get 2.13/hr. If you don't tip the government taxes them on how much you purchase as a way for them to track taxes. You don't tip them they are making negative money. Keep that in mind when you go out and eat somewhere. P.S. your most likely Mexican.
Why do they not get minimum wage? Isn't it the law? The whole practice should be stopped. If i order a meal, the total price should be listed, no extra. If no one agreed to working such 'illegal' wages, then the employers would have to change it or go out of business.
Ray Millz

Hollywood, FL

#73 Feb 17, 2012
rudeness wrote:
um have you ever thought that in the harsh economic times that they might not be able to afford the extra tip?
just food for thought (no pun intended)
Umm have you ever thought that in these "harsh economic times" delivery drivers might not be able to afford to fuel their 2000 pound vehicle to your trailor so your fat ass doesn't have to get off the couch. Don't you think they deserve something for bringing your fat meal all the way across town to your front door, handing it to you, and then driving all the way back. It's called pick-up you cheap piece of dogshit.
Wrolan

Lubbock, TX

#74 Feb 27, 2012
Ray Millz wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm have you ever thought that in these "harsh economic times" delivery drivers might not be able to afford to fuel their 2000 pound vehicle to your trailor so your fat ass doesn't have to get off the couch. Don't you think they deserve something for bringing your fat meal all the way across town to your front door, handing it to you, and then driving all the way back. It's called pick-up you cheap piece of dogshit.
Well maybe they shouldn't be a delivery driver...Anyways the topic of tips always gets a bit heated and as you can tell it brings all the idiots from both sides to the surface. The great thing about the whole situation is freedom of choice. The servers and delivery drivers have the choice to take the job or not, then they have the choice how to act while on the job. Finally the consumer has the choice, based on the service received or whatever other factors they want to consider, to tip. Personal I am aware of the pay scale at the various places I order from or eat out at and tip, or don't tip accordingly. I've known of some pizza delivery drivers that got paid 8/hr, so in that situation I tip a very low amount.
wholettheretards out

Lubbock, TX

#75 Feb 27, 2012
Some wrote:
<quoted text>I worked my way through school in dusty ole Lubbock Tx and depended on tips for my living expenses. I provided good service and was sometimes disappointed when red neck Flo left a dime and quarter after gorging on lobster. You can't afford to leave a tip then 7 Eleven has good hot dogs.
Well you made more than the poor sap at 7/11 so how about you stop complaining.
lea

Toronto, Canada

#77 Aug 11, 2012
holy cheap skates. i will stay away from any person who doesn't tip. i will not hang out with them. they can hang out with other selfish people just like them. selfish selfish selfish people. Hello, wake up morons that don't tip.

Location hidden

#78 Aug 13, 2012
Who are the morons? The ones that don't tip or the idiots working at the jobs where they have to be tipped to get paid right? Why should I have to subsidize their paycheck? Thats the business owners job. Just another way to screw over the little guy and create and awkward situation. Just raise food prices and pay the workers from that and I will decice whether to eat there or not.
rich

Houston, TX

#79 Sep 14, 2012
its by choice..if they dnt tip then you do bring good serive to the customers. Do your job and you'll be rewarded with a dollar tip if your lucky.
rich

Houston, TX

#80 Sep 14, 2012
its by choice..if they dnt tip then you do bring good service to the customers. Do your job and you'll be rewarded with a dollar tip if your lucky.
Doesnt matter

Minneapolis, MN

#81 Oct 10, 2013
Tipping is essential. If you can't afford a tip. You shouldn't be ordering. Stiffing servers of any type is low class. We are doing u a favor. Plenty of people are good human beings and make up for the people that take advantage. Thanks to them. The others can keep it. You guys obviously need it more than us. Oh yah. Tipping a dollar to waiter waitress or delivery person is a slap in the face. Keep your dollar. Don't tell us to get higher paying jobs. Your the one who can't afford to tip. Just think if u asked a friend to pick u up food on the way over. You would say I'll give u 5 bucks or buy them food as well. Do the same. Thanks to the good ones. Good luck in life to the non tippers.

Location hidden

#82 Oct 11, 2013
Doesnt matter wrote:
Tipping is essential. If you can't afford a tip. You shouldn't be ordering. Stiffing servers of any type is low class. We are doing u a favor. Plenty of people are good human beings and make up for the people that take advantage. Thanks to them. The others can keep it. You guys obviously need it more than us. Oh yah. Tipping a dollar to waiter waitress or delivery person is a slap in the face. Keep your dollar. Don't tell us to get higher paying jobs. Your the one who can't afford to tip. Just think if u asked a friend to pick u up food on the way over. You would say I'll give u 5 bucks or buy them food as well. Do the same. Thanks to the good ones. Good luck in life to the non tippers.
If a tip is part of the meal, it should be added to the cost. Not some slapped together after fee. I'm not your employer. It is not my job to pay you. No, paying people 'tipped wages' is low class. Paying someone the true minimum wage is essential. Yes, get a damn higher paying job. If everyone stood up for themselves, there would be no tipped wages establisments.
josh

Lubbock, TX

#83 Nov 20, 2013
Ok here's my thoughts I go to buffalo wild wings on university at least 3 times a week Because all my friends work there and my bestfriend is a waitress there. Now if I come to your table and I'm gonna be staying there for hours at a time and you do a good job and your doing what your supposed to then ya I'm gonna give you a damn good tip. However if you barrely ever acknowledge me and Im constantly ignored or not even greeted then no you're not getting a good tip. I'm sorry but some waiters/waitress don't deserve a tip
jman

Euless, TX

#84 Nov 29, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
If a tip is part of the meal, it should be added to the cost. Not some slapped together after fee. I'm not your employer. It is not my job to pay you. No, paying people 'tipped wages' is low class. Paying someone the true minimum wage is essential. Yes, get a damn higher paying job. If everyone stood up for themselves, there would be no tipped wages establisments.
you are a low class cheapskate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shallowater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 52 min brad 22,275
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr fubar 17,858
movin to lubbock frm tn 12 hr mee 1
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 20 hr Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
Boom Boom Cabaret Murder Arrests (Dec '06) Aug 21 Kemo1226 56
•••
•••
•••

Shallowater Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shallowater People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE