Peggy Merimon Missing For Two Years Now

Peggy Merimon Missing For Two Years Now

There are 8 comments on the KCBD-TV Lubbock story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Peggy Merimon Missing For Two Years Now. In it, KCBD-TV Lubbock reports that:

It's been two years since the last time anyone saw Kay Harrelson or Peggy Merimon alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBD-TV Lubbock.

TexasGirl

Lubbock, TX

#1 Aug 20, 2008
Do you think the female body they found today could be Peggy? Its almost 1/2 between the State School and Patterson's home, and it isn't too far from where they found Kay.

All they are saying is it looks like murder with blunt force, and that it looks like it happened "a while back".
Anonymous

Baytown, TX

#2 May 9, 2010
Peggy Merimon's remains were found police have not made an offical statement but family members were notified of a " locket" and "dental /partial" that were found with the remains and the locket was identified as peggy's - per her family. So now let's hope justice for peggy is found.
ltlredjellybean

Wolfforth, TX

#3 May 10, 2010
I am not sure who you are and where you got your information from but it's wrong. As someone very close to the family I can say the family has not been notified as to who's remains were found nor have they "identified" anything found. Anyone close to the family knows that any information about the case is confidential and is not commented on or repeated because of the ongoing investigation. I know for a FACT the family would not appreachate ANYONE missleading the public with incorrect information. If the remains are identified as Peggy law inforcement and ONLY THE FAMILY should be the ones to make any public comments.
SupportinRed wrote:
Peggy Merimon's remains were found police have not made an offical statement but family members were notified of a " locket" and "dental /partial" that were found with the remains and the locket was identified as peggy's - per her family. So now let's hope justice for peggy is found.
LBK

Lubbock, TX

#4 May 10, 2010
Totally agree jellybean, people shouldn't be posting what isn't true let alone information that hasn't been released by media or the family themselves. I heard about the remains this morning on my way to work and I live out by the state school and that is just some scary stuff. My thoughts here at work on her well if that is her or the other girl whos case still hasn't been solved wouldn't you think that someone would have noticed the circling of the vultures or what not, but at the same time if someone would have it wouldn't have immediately clicked that it was a person. One would assume that eh it's just an animal. Hopefully it is her and the family can have closure at the same time we still hope that she is alive out there somewhere trying to get back home.
Anonymous

Baytown, TX

#5 May 11, 2010
ltlredjellybean wrote:
I am not sure who you are and where you got your information from but it's wrong. As someone very close to the family I can say the family has not been notified as to who's remains were found nor have they "identified" anything found. Anyone close to the family knows that any information about the case is confidential and is not commented on or repeated because of the ongoing investigation. I know for a FACT the family would not appreachate ANYONE missleading the public with incorrect information. If the remains are identified as Peggy law inforcement and ONLY THE FAMILY should be the ones to make any public comments.
<quoted text>
Trust me, I know what im talking about my sources can't be told out of respect for them but, its very true. Sorry you were not close enough to be told the same info.
LBK

Lubbock, TX

#6 May 12, 2010
To jellybean and supportinred...."Breaking news update from KCBD NewsChannel 11: Family members of Peggy Merimon tell KCBD NewsChannel 11 that the human remains found in northwest Lubbock County on Saturday are those of Peggy Merimon. A news conference is scheduled today at 2:00 p.m. at the Medical Examiner's Office to verify this information. KCBD NewsChannel 11 will stream this news conference live on kcbd.com and broadcast the news conference live on KCBD NewsChannel 11." Posted today on the KCBD website, please feel frre to check up on it yourself. So sad, but now the family has closure and if either of you really intruely are close to the family send them my familys regards.
Anonymous

Baytown, TX

#7 May 12, 2010
ltlredjellybean wrote:
<quoted text>
See and there you thought I had no idea what I was talking about.. Sorry that person was YOU! Im alot more closer to the family then you think you are. I got my info firsthand from one of peggy's children so I knew just what I was talking about. Her watch was also found with her remains. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Jellybean

Lubbock, TX

#8 Jul 29, 2010
OK Mr/Ms hatefull, I had the SAME INFO but out of respect for the family and the INVESTIGATION I was not talking about the case. As far as who is "closer" to the family well, you don't know me and I don't know you so there is really no way to know who is closer to the family. I really don't want to know anyone who is this rude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shallowater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bi girls age 20-23 (Jul '11) 11 hr pretty girl 22
Pull Over - Slow Down Law 11 hr Dennis Steyer 3
Looking for a guy Apr 22 Ekez 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Feb '16) Apr 19 ValeenaS 21
News Officers strive to stay involved in community Apr 17 go home 1
In town for the night Apr 13 HispM 1
News Xcel customer bills could fall 6 percent thanks... Apr 7 FART PHOTO 2

Shallowater Jobs

Personal Finance

Shallowater Mortgages