Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriag...

Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriage -- South Florida Sun-Sen...

There are 33 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriage -- South Florida Sun-Sen.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A man mauled by a grizzly bear last month married his longtime girlfriend, a health aide who help keep him alive when he was rushed to her clinic in Shaktoolik.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marc Luzietti

Miami, FL

#1 Aug 21, 2007
Good for the bear.
Lucy

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 21, 2007
"Evan spent summers hunting and picking berries to supply food for his grandmother mother " HUH?
gsd

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2007
amused wrote:
<quoted text>
u r a freak. f da bear.
I hate hunters.
NO BIG DEAL

Delray Beach, FL

#5 Aug 21, 2007
you want to kill and hunt??? well accept the price...one leg lost one bear dead...hope the hunter gets venerial disease from his new wife...
2006YFZ450

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Aug 21, 2007
dummy
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#12 Aug 21, 2007
What an incredible story !
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#13 Aug 21, 2007
Fellow bloggers ,do you read what you have wrote here ? Please a little compassion ? Maybe ?
Karen

United States

#14 Aug 21, 2007
that poor bear !
sick of idiots

United States

#15 Aug 21, 2007
He was screaming, praying & wondering how this could have happened? I know how it happened, the REAL story. This guy wasn't out messing with the bear. He was sitting on his sofa watching Animal Planet and drinking a Coke when the bear stole a Wildlife Ranger's truck, drove into the city & broke down his door. The rest, as they say, is history.
John

Seffner, FL

#16 Aug 21, 2007
Marc Luzietti wrote:
Good for the bear.
I agree, Evan got what he deserved. To bad the bear died.
John

Seffner, FL

#17 Aug 21, 2007
gsd wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate hunters.
I also hate hunters.
outlaw31

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2007
gsd wrote:
I hate hunters.

Well if it wasnt for people who raise cattle, and slaughterhouses...how else would you get your steak??? or are you a vegan and a member of PETA???
sharp

New York, NY

#19 Aug 21, 2007
People, this is Alaska. Different set of rules for a different mindset. Leave your urban lifestyle at the door. If anything, they are guilty of being poor shots or ill prepared to take a bear.
GWENEVERE

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Aug 21, 2007
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Fellow bloggers ,do you read what you have wrote here ? Please a little compassion ? Maybe ?
Of course you don't read what you write. Idiot!
outlaw cowboy

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Aug 21, 2007
outlaw31 wrote:
gsd wrote:
I hate hunters.
Well if it wasnt for people who raise cattle, and slaughterhouses...how else would you get your steak??? or are you a vegan and a member of PETA???
I love hunting cattle!
PhantomNine

Boca Raton, FL

#22 Aug 21, 2007
I have compassion for the bear, but not the human. So many hunters think they're such a big deal with a gun, that when an animal fights back they sometimes get more then they bargained for. I feel sorry for the woman who’s going to marry him. He didn't want to marry her after the birth of their second child, but now that he's a cripple, he's suddenly realized just how much he really cares?
Badboy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Aug 21, 2007
Hunters are redneck trash. I wish it had bit his balls off too, but since hunters are cowards, he probably didn't have any. Picking berries for his grandmother...what a good boy. All BS.
pie

Boca Raton, FL

#24 Aug 21, 2007
hunting animals with rifles is not a sport...@zzhole's

Should send 2 people into the woods, the one that exits alive wins. Now that is a sport!
Patty Poke Chops

United States

#25 Aug 21, 2007
Now Sees here, youse explain to me why dis boy mess wid a bear and gets free medical.. I'se need a debit card from FEMA ... I'se got da hi blood pressure from dis story, you leave da bear alone mista, and youse send me a debit card
sick of idiots

United States

#27 Aug 21, 2007
Patty Poke Chops wrote:
Now Sees here, youse explain to me why dis boy mess wid a bear and gets free medical.. I'se need a debit card from FEMA ... I'se got da hi blood pressure from dis story, you leave da bear alone mista, and youse send me a debit card
You need new material. Really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaktoolik Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
News Suicide in Unalakleet (May '06) Mar '13 petetakak 7
News Snowmachiners missing in storm rescued by troopers (Mar '08) Mar '08 KKA 1
News Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriage -- themo... (Aug '07) Jan '08 OLDE DUDE 15
News Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriage -- themo... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Bob 1
News Alaska Man Gets 'Mauled' Into Marriage -- Coura... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Johnny Jazz 2
to all my homedawgs (May '06) May '06 home dawd 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaktoolik Mortgages