Valleyfair owner contemplates sale of...

Valleyfair owner contemplates sale of amusement park

There are 38 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Valleyfair owner contemplates sale of amusement park. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Ohio-based Cedar Fair says it's considering selling amusement parks in Missouri and Minnesota so it can pay down its debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
me too

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Mar 9, 2009
Urrrg wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! You "could not care less." The poin tof that phrase is to convey how meaningless somethign is to you. So for you to say you "could care less" is saying that you care a lot about something or at least enough where there is room to care less then you do. Which of course if exactly teh opposite of what you meant. Bottom line is say "could not care" less if that is what you really mean.
I hear people say it wrong all the time as well. It bothers me too! In fact when I say I couldn't care less, people try to "correct" me! It's nice to know I'm not alone....
ONLY IN MYAMERICA

Benson, NC

#23 Mar 9, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure this economy is a result of your BUSH...
Joe, You don't have a clue, do you?
Remember it is Jimmy Carter days all over again, Joe!!
Use your head on this one!!

“WHAT WERE YA THINKIN ?”

Since: Mar 09

CUCKOO'S NEST

#24 Mar 9, 2009
i like Jimmy Buffet and the Old Country Buffet my self

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#25 Mar 9, 2009
ONLY IN MYAMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, You don't have a clue, do you?
Remember it is Jimmy Carter days all over again, Joe!!
Use your head on this one!!
herbert hoover bush
See ya

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Mar 9, 2009
Scummy Fair was creepy even back in the 80s. Weird freaks hanging out, teenagers with a grudge.
Mike

Austin, MN

#27 Mar 9, 2009
So how much will it cost to just park in the parking lot after it changes hands?
Tom Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

#28 Mar 9, 2009
The City of Shakopee needs to acquire and provide to the Wilfs at a steep discount for a new Vikings Stadium.
Tom Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

#29 Mar 9, 2009
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
herbert hoover bush
Sure idiot, and Bush presided over a "Stimulus Package" that will triple our National Debt is several years. Barack Obama's mistakes will saddle our future generation with more debt than they will know what to do with. But, I suppose that is OK for a blind, liberal-loving puke like you.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#30 Mar 10, 2009
Tom Shakopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure idiot, and Bush presided over a "Stimulus Package" that will triple our National Debt is several years. Barack Obama's mistakes will saddle our future generation with more debt than they will know what to do with. But, I suppose that is OK for a blind, liberal-loving puke like you.
tom tom tom..such name calling..it was bush who handed out 700 billion to the banks and wall street with no accountability attached
AND WHAT SAY

Eau Claire, WI

#33 Mar 10, 2009
gtVoyageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh[?];
I did not just throw out names to be facetious or be pretending to have credibility. If you are familiar with the works, seminars, and financial tenets of these astute men you would see what I was referring to. I was using their names and examples for the sake of discussion on this thread regarding Cedar Fairs LLP.
In reference to Donald Trump's latest bankruptcy, Trump has recently stated he was a minority player in this bankruptcy. He was and still is a minority stockholder in the casino business that bears his name.
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization was the only and reasonable way for the casino business to survive and turn in these economic times. It was a business decision to restructure under the aegis of the bankruptcy courts. In the end, this business should up and be stronger in stability.
At this point, don't forget why I mention Warren Buffet? Do you see why I mentioned him also?
Cedar Fairs LLP should be seeking counsel as to how to proceed and survive. Buffet and Trump were two viable avenues of counsel and relative discussion!
gtV
AND WHAT SAY????!!! So how much will the taxpayers (Us!!) get strapped with on this bankruptcy???
Huh

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Mar 10, 2009
gtVoyageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh[?];
I did not just throw out names to be facetious or be pretending to have credibility. If you are familiar with the works, seminars, and financial tenets of these astute men you would see what I was referring to. I was using their names and examples for the sake of discussion on this thread regarding Cedar Fairs LLP.
In reference to Donald Trump's latest bankruptcy, Trump has recently stated he was a minority player in this bankruptcy. He was and still is a minority stockholder in the casino business that bears his name.
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization was the only and reasonable way for the casino business to survive and turn in these economic times. It was a business decision to restructure under the aegis of the bankruptcy courts. In the end, this business should up and be stronger in stability.
At this point, don't forget why I mention Warren Buffet? Do you see why I mentioned him also?
Cedar Fairs LLP should be seeking counsel as to how to proceed and survive. Buffet and Trump were two viable avenues of counsel and relative discussion!
gtV
Reads as though someone has a crush or obsession with Trump to the point of delusions of grandur. Exactly how red in the face did you become while pumping out that defense? Cute.

“Live Life with GUSTO!!!”

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul, MN

#35 Mar 10, 2009
AND WHAT SAY wrote:
<quoted text> AND WHAT SAY????!!! So how much will the taxpayers (Us!!) get strapped with on this bankruptcy???
The taxpayers won't "get strapped" with anything. If you know the Bankruptcy Laws, taxes have to be paid off before any bankruptcy is discharged and/or closed!!!

“Live Life with GUSTO!!!”

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul, MN

#36 Mar 10, 2009
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Reads as though someone has a crush or obsession with Trump to the point of delusions of grandur. Exactly how red in the face did you become while pumping out that defense? Cute.
Huh[?]:
Read your "principles of business" textbooks to see what I am alluding to. Trump has had Up's-and-Down's in his business history and has made some good astute decisions to save his business ventures.

Listen to what he has to say about the banks and Wall Street vs the present US economic crises. He has made some great comments that few others have realized. Even Warren Buffet and others have agreed with him.

Read up and research the issues on what is being said before you verbally pillory someone for making a suggestion to help further discussion.
gtV
Beernuts

United States

#37 Mar 10, 2009
gtVoyageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh[?]:
Read your "principles of business" textbooks to see what I am alluding to. Trump has had Up's-and-Down's in his business history and has made some good astute decisions to save his business ventures.

gtV
So what you are saying is, like Trump, Cedar Fair's business has been like a roller coaster.:)
robin

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Jul 3, 2009
does valley fair sell beer
robin

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Jul 3, 2009
does vally fair in shokapee mn sell beer?
Ignorance is bliss

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Jul 4, 2009
Incredible wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeahhhh...Bush made the banks lend money to people who had no chance in heck to pay it back. I seem to recall that policy was an administration prior to him. But that isn't what this thread is about, is it?
Study up on the Bush Whitehouse "Ownership society" you blissful poster you!
Frodoe of Fort Monroe

Norfolk, VA

#41 Aug 31, 2010
So how many of you people reading this forum would like to see Fort Monroe, VA switch from being an army base to becoming a national historic park?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shakopee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prison sentence for notable defense attorney Sa... (May '11) Aug 19 Post them 19
News Minnesota Man Drowns While Trying To Save Famil... Aug 13 Luda 1
Houses Required to rent as Ryder Cup 2016 Accom... (Jul '13) Aug 10 Blissma 24
News Carver County judge narrows list of potential P... Jul 30 CherylConaty 1
News Man Turns Himself In After Fatal Stabbing In Ed... May '16 Obligatory Jokster 2
News Devoted Jehovah's Witness Prince Kept a Swear J... Apr '16 El Cacique 36
News Four 911 medical calls made from Prince's home ... Apr '16 Edie from HB 1

Shakopee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shakopee Mortgages