Season's first tornado suspected in S...

Season's first tornado suspected in St. Michael

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 11, 2011, titled Season's first tornado suspected in St. Michael. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota's first tornado of the year likely touched down northwest of the metro during a severe weather outbreak last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Joe Merlot

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 May 11, 2011
So with the capability to have a crawl on the bottom of the screen with warnings/events and the ability to have a map graphic next to the crawl that alternates between watch/warning area's and the actual radar, just why is it that the networks feel the need to interrupt programing and fall all over themselves like giddy kids during a garden variety thunder storm? Yes, there was a tornado and the safety information relayed by news coverage interrupting programing could just as easily be relayed in the crawl and graphics DURING programming.

Could it be that they want the whole state glued to their TV to see if they will be the 30 people of 30 million that MIGHT be affected by a tornado? It's a blatant ratings game no matter how Belinda the dingbat asserts otherwise (and all the other weather terrorists on other stations).

They cry wolf so badly and so much that one day when there actually is widely threatening event, half the viewing public is going to blow them off and tune them out. Seriouslly, when was the last Thunder storm when they didn't break into programming for a half hour or more?
Nostradumas

Webster, NY

#2 May 11, 2011
Joe Merlot wrote:
So with the capability to have a crawl on the bottom of the screen with warnings/events and the ability to have a map graphic next to the crawl that alternates between watch/warning area's and the actual radar, just why is it that the networks feel the need to interrupt programing and fall all over themselves like giddy kids during a garden variety thunder storm? Yes, there was a tornado and the safety information relayed by news coverage interrupting programing could just as easily be relayed in the crawl and graphics DURING programming.
Could it be that they want the whole state glued to their TV to see if they will be the 30 people of 30 million that MIGHT be affected by a tornado? It's a blatant ratings game no matter how Belinda the dingbat asserts otherwise (and all the other weather terrorists on other stations).
They cry wolf so badly and so much that one day when there actually is widely threatening event, half the viewing public is going to blow them off and tune them out. Seriouslly, when was the last Thunder storm when they didn't break into programming for a half hour or more?
I agree, don't they know I want to see how Ralph Machio does on Dancing with the Washed Up Stars.
Potento

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 11, 2011
It's all about ratings. They want to show us they have the best weather station. A crawl is all we need.
How will they save the lives of those that aren't watching TV at the time?
What really annoys me is when they start live interviews with people about the rain storm they had at their house and then show photos of their tipped over plastic lawn chairs. Oh my!
The weather people cry wolf far too often.
Joe Merlot

Cottage Grove, MN

#4 May 11, 2011
Nostradumas wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, don't they know I want to see how Ralph Machio does on Dancing with the Washed Up Stars.
Who cares about the actual programming, it's the fear that they create by breaking into it and the damage that they do to their own credibility that I take issue with. I get a call from my retired mother with every simple storm to make sure I have the kids secured and I'm huddled in the basement because, by golly, Belinda the dingbat has her convinced that mass tornado's are imminent. They have no credibility with me so I don't even watch. If I happen to be watching something (rare) when they do break into programming, I simply turn the channel and boot radar on my laptop to keep an eye out. Watching the giddy weather terrorists just isn't entertaining to me. How many others tune them out like me and how many simply disregard the threat instead of monitoring it own their own? All for what? So they can hold a few more viewers captive for a few more minutes? Plsses me off.
Miss tinkle

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 11, 2011
thanks saint michael for watching over saint michael and no one got killed so thank you saint micheal for watching over our community of saint michael
Iron Eyes

Roy, WA

#6 May 11, 2011
Their is too much pollution and raping of this Planet,The Earth is Fighting Back!

“Love is everywhere...”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#7 May 11, 2011
The weather is the favorite topic of those people afraid to talk about real events.
AntiMelting

Garden City, MI

#8 May 11, 2011
Iron Eyes wrote:
Their is too much pollution and raping of this Planet,The Earth is Fighting Back!
Idlot.
white owl

River Falls, WI

#9 May 11, 2011
saw the pictures of the damaged homes, the way they’re built today a good fart could blow them apart.
Owl Gore

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 11, 2011
Iron Eyes wrote:
goddess gaia will have the last laugh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shakopee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Home Buyers Inspections Inc (Oct '08) Jul 10 upsethomeseller 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Savage (Oct '16) May '17 Tammy D 7
News Prison sentence for notable defense attorney Sa... (May '11) Aug '16 Post them 19
News Minnesota Man Drowns While Trying To Save Famil... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Luda 1
News For inmates, a healing process through journaling (May '15) May '15 cowboy chris 5
News Snubbed Girl, 10, Gets Party of a Lifetime (Apr '15) Apr '15 Xstain Fumblement... 7
News Shakopee Residents Asked to Approve High School... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Eleese Elise 1

Shakopee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shakopee Mortgages