Burnsville / City's first Level 3 sex offender moving in

Full story: TwinCities.com

A Level 3 sex offender is moving to Burnsville - the first to live in the city. Kelley Francis Lorenzo, 26, will live in the 12800 block of Nicollet Avenue South, the Burnsville Police Department reported.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Neighborhood Watch

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

Welcome to the "Heart of the City" project!!!
Pragmatist

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

Judged:

Wow, Mayor Kautz's vision for the "Heart of the City" has come to fruition, what a visionary. Now that she has got Level 3 sex offenders in the new project, I am sure she can step up and help to get proper representation of all felons in her glistening jewel.
FUBAR

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

What I don't understand is that if they have to rate these people so high because of their risk of re-offending, why do they let them out at all?
Bob

Minnetonka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

2 years in prison for his crimes. Man, thats hard time. Are we not just asking him to commit these crimes again. If he even approaches my daughter for directions, hes a dead man.
burnsville resident

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

WOW........ guess thats what happens when Mayor Kautz finagles all that Federal,State, County and Met Council money for her "Heart of the INNER City" project..... She becomes beholden and Burnsville taxpayer residents scared and MAD as H@##!!!

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

FUBAR wrote:
What I don't understand is that if they have to rate these people so high because of their risk of re-offending, why do they let them out at all?
Do a Google search on this issue.
One thing I can tell you is that the term "Risk To Re-offend" is used to scare people.

This is a term used to explain the evaluation the offender recieves when being released from prison.

It isnt stating that the DOC thinks the offender will re-commit the same type of offense, but that the offender will commit another crime, that she is predisposed to being criminal.

Why the Government doesnt do this with every released felon is suspicious to me.

I would like to know if a man convicted of murderer, or a convicted drug dealer, or an armed robber, or a woman who kills driving drunk, or a woman who has killed her children, or a burglar, or a repeat drunk driver is moving in next door, at least as much as I want to know if an offender moves in.

I think it is legitimate for me and my neighbors to watch over these people too.
I may be wrong, but a killer represents a bigger threat to me and mine than a sicko pervert.

Why are there no community meetings when these other criminals move into the community?

Maybe someone knows why all criminals who victimize are not identified for us to live in fear of?
Buddy

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

burnsville resident wrote:
WOW........ guess thats what happens when Mayor Kautz finagles all that Federal,State, County and Met Council money for her "Heart of the INNER City" project..... She becomes beholden and Burnsville taxpayer residents scared and MAD as H@##!!!
Yeah...but we're getting an fine arts center. </sarcasm>
from eagan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

Judged:

I went to high school with this guy. What the story does not tell you, among other things, is he also has at least two felony assaults on his record. He was forcibly removed from high school, and even was booted from ALC.
I never heard about the sex crimes until this article came out, but when I saw the headline I knew exactly who was gonna pop up. I predict he will commit another serious crime within two weeks, and I wish I was exaggerating.
The public should have a right to even more information on life criminals like this.
Small business owner

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

How does Kautz keep getting re-elected? I haven't spoken to one Burnsville resident who voted for her.
Pragmatist

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

So, how does one get out in two years after "abducting" an under age female? I thought abducting was like kidnapping and came with sentencing guidelines much longer than 2 years. I hope he is wearing an ankle bracelet for the next 10 or more years.
Mackenzie K

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

dont be so hard on the man
what did he even do like not
kill her relaxx he prolly changed
and is not into that but still that
will be fun to watchh
Frustrated citizen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

It is severely twisted how the authorities make someone out to be a baby raper, when they are more than likely just a guy who is far to horny for there own good. Lots of those out there. He apparently never even touched the girl in question. And since when is moving from one place to another in a mall, on your own two feet an abduction? Sounds crazy. Why isn't there the registered murderer list, or the I make meth in my basement and sell it to your kids list? They don't utterly ruin these peoples lives after they do there time?? So, things are not always what they appear to be on the surface. But alienate someone who has payed for the crime to the point where people cringe when they see you, is that making anyone better for real? I am not defending the crime, but is the punishment after the offender is released really just...not so sure
Pragmatist

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Did you read the appeal link in the post above, how the 6'5" 220 pound man grabbed the arm of a 5'3", 115#, 16 year old girl, pulled her into the basement of the mall, held her, when she got loose, tripped her and put his foot on her while he continued to do his business, then when he finished, threw 2 five dollar bills at her and........read the appeal link. I am sure your response would be quite different if it was your daughter.
Tom

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Judged:

I am on the Burnsville Diversity Council (unofficial). In order to have true diversity, we now need to find a parolled serial killer and a parolled armed robber to move into the vacant Heart of the City apartments. Diversity is strength! The Minnesota maximum sentence for first degree sexual offense is 144 months. Kelley had a bleeding heart judge who should be removed from office. I think I heard the DOC representative identify 5 sex convictions prior to the kidnapping conviction, and doesn't include his two assault and battery convictions.
Bob

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

Judged:

I have to disagree with Tom. Burnsville has too much diversity. Students in school district speak 57 foreign languages plus Ebonics, and some students speak English. We have 12 members of the Bantu tribe of Liberia who still practice cannibalism. If you know of anyone missing in Burnsville, contact the Burnsville Police Department and have them search the student and faculty lockers. See: http://curtmaynardsblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/...
working man

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

The district court sentenced appellant to 43 months in prison concurrent with several lesser sentences for third-degree assault, two counts of gross-misdemeanor indecent exposure, violation of probation on two earlier felony convictions, and contempt of court....

hahaha two years
Mz Monie

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

If I was the landlord, I would not even let that petifile step a foot in my apartments.

That's just straight nasty right there.
My mom and I got approved for a apartment there, but now that this sex effender is coming in, we have to find ANOTHER house.
goodness gracious, "Welcome to Heart of the city" Apartments!
YAY!
Have fun living there, if you do.
good luck.
:-]
Mz Monie

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Are you freaking kidding me?
I could go rob a bank right now, and be in jail for three or five years.
But, this sex offender was in prison for HOW long, and he had sex with kids, and other people?

omg.
Gordie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Mz Monie wrote:
If I was the landlord, I would not even let that petifile step a foot in my apartments.
Mz Section 8:

The word is pedophile, and he is not a pedophile as they are attracted to prepubescent children, not 16-year-olds. I am sure you can find another nice subsidized dwelling.
Pragmatist

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Gordie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mz Section 8:
The word is pedophile, and he is not a pedophile as they are attracted to prepubescent children, not 16-year-olds. I am sure you can find another nice subsidized dwelling.
While he may not be a pedophile, he is a problem waiting to happen. 6'5", forced a little 5'3" woman in the basement, held her there? Should have gotten a much longer sentence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shakopee Discussions

Search the Shakopee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun 12 doomsayer2014 847
Reporter Rusty Gatenby let go at KSTP after DWI... May '14 look at his hair 5
Debate: Marijuana - Eden Prairie, MN (Oct '12) Apr '14 sam 10
Minnesota legislators point fingers as sex offe... Mar '14 News Flash 2
Minn. Republicans Decline to Endorse Pro-Gay Ma... Mar '14 david traversa 2
Prison sentence for notable defense attorney Sa... (May '11) Jan '14 Sangelia 16
Chanhassen archaeological dig races clock, cold... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Famke Beltone 1
•••
•••
•••
Shakopee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shakopee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••