Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#1 Jun 10, 2013
I always thought that the Government worked for us, the people. We pay taxes and we elect these people into Government positions so they can figure out what tax money needs to go to repair roads, go to Social Security, etc. But now, to me it seems like 'we the people' work for the Government, meaning, we work and pay taxes just so these Government people can spend the tax money on giving themselves raises and bonuses, give billions of tax dollars to foreign countries, most of who hate us tax paying Americans, and to blow tax dollars on luxuries for themselves. Somehow this pisses me off. Especially when they come to us and tell us that they 'need' to raise our taxes or else they won't be able to balance the budget. And when they say Social Security will collapse in around 20 years because it will be run dry, would there be any money left in it in those 20 years from now if money wasn't taken out of it to pay for the 'sand land' wars a few years ago under Bush? Just wait another 5 years or so and see what happens to this Country because of our present administration. This Presidency we have here is the worst joke in history!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jun 10, 2013
Presidents and Congress have been borrowing money from SS since nearly the start of the program. It was designed that way which is why there is no separate coffer for SS. It all goes into one big basket and they take out what they need at the time to make the people happy. The money they take from the SS contributions are replaced with IOU's that can never be repaid.

Clinton borrowed a hell of a lot which is why Al Gore ran on the platform of SS being an entity of it's own. Of course, he wouldn't have done it, but he knew that people were pssed at how Clinton robbed the fund and he needed to placate those voters.

You hear of all these politicians argue how SS is or is not solvent. It depends on who runs the numbers. But when government takes money from one area and moves it to another, they consider that money still there. Now if business ever did that, people would go to jail because it's illegal in the private market.

Because of the IRS scandal, it was found that they took 50 million dollars to throw parties for IRS workers, make stupid reenactments of old television shows like Star Trek, and dancing lessons. They used 16 thousand of our dollars to have some artist paint a picture of Abraham Lincoln, supposedly to inspire IRS workers. Now in question, the IRS claims they have no receipts to justify their spending. Imagine what would happen to us in an audit if we had no receipts to prove our deductions.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#3 Jun 12, 2013
Maple Resident wrote:
I always thought that the Government worked for us, the people. We pay taxes and we elect these people into Government positions so they can figure out what tax money needs to go to repair roads, go to Social Security, etc. But now, to me it seems like 'we the people' work for the Government, meaning, we work and pay taxes just so these Government people can spend the tax money on giving themselves raises and bonuses, give billions of tax dollars to foreign countries, most of who hate us tax paying Americans, and to blow tax dollars on luxuries for themselves. Somehow this pisses me off. Especially when they come to us and tell us that they 'need' to raise our taxes or else they won't be able to balance the budget. And when they say Social Security will collapse in around 20 years because it will be run dry, would there be any money left in it in those 20 years from now if money wasn't taken out of it to pay for the 'sand land' wars a few years ago under Bush? Just wait another 5 years or so and see what happens to this Country because of our present administration. This Presidency we have here is the worst joke in history!
It's always been pay to play. It's always about catering to those with money and power. Do you think slavery benefited the average worker? LOL Slavery benefited the rich. Common people couldn't afford slaves. The rich made sure their politicians kept the game in place as long as they could. Slavery was ended for economic reasons, not altruistic reasons.

You talk about giving tax money to foreign countries. That game has been going on since ancient times. Kings(governments) gave to other kings(governments) for something in return. The people in the countries might not benefit, but someone up top does.

Why do you think the government is so worried about Internet piracy? Do you think that's the will of the people? People who are living check to check? No, that's the will of the billionaires who put their puppets in place. While the politicians are supposed to be working for the people, they are busy trying to pass SOPA. LOL

What about illegals? If you were rich, wouldn't you rather pay a person $8/hr instead of $16/hr? The illegals are here because the rich want them here. Same with the legal immigrant workers. Why do you think billionaires like Bill Gates were begging congress to increase work visas? They want more engineers and IT guys for pennies on the dollar.

Look at the speed cameras. They benefit corporations and the politicians eager to get more money. Seat belt laws are in place because of the billion dollar insurance lobby(plus the government gets more revenue fining you). It goes on and on.

Government work for us? LOL No, it's a tool of the rich and powerful. Occasionally, they throw us scraps.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#4 Jun 13, 2013
Good points, Mapleman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First murder of the year already? 5 hr xxxrayted 2
Micheal Moore-The Big Mouthed Coward! 8 hr squeezers 28
Al & Jessie 9 hr xxxrayted 14
Charles jay smith Fri Angel 1
16 year old thug dies by CCW victim Thu Maple Resident 18
Lansky vs Brownlee Wed xxxrayted 11
Maybe it's time for whites to start protesting Jan 28 Mapleman 29

Winter Storm Warning for Cuyahoga County was issued at January 31 at 2:15PM EST

Shaker Heights Dating
Find my Match