Trooper charged with domestic assault

Vermont State Trooper Timothy Newton, 32, of Tudor Road, Sandgate, was charged Wednesday in Bennington Superior Court Criminal Division with misdemeanor domestic assault. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Okey Dokey

Lakeville, CT

#26 Feb 18, 2011
Sheetrock wrote:
i HATE IT WHEN THESE WELFARE PEOPLE THAT SIT HOME ALL DAY ON OUR TAX DOLLARS ALWAYS HAVE A COMMENT ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS WORKING FOR A LIVING. GO HAVE ANOTHER BEER AND CONTINUE WATCHING "DAYS OF OUR lIVES".
i can't hear you, drool sergeant.
WTF

Montpelier, VT

#27 Feb 18, 2011
Too bad wrote:
Too bad they had to use such an unflattering picture. He is cuter than all get out in real life. He can knock me down anytime he wants!
I suggest you get your eyes checked!!! Not only is this guy a dirtbag for hitting a woman, he is also uglier "than all get out". I think someone DOES need to knock you down, and hopefully knock some sense into that sick mind of yours.
Not Shocked

Manchester, VT

#28 Feb 18, 2011
Whoa there wrote:
<quoted text>
The mother is responsible for that child. She makes the choice of who she hangs with. She is, at least, equally to blame for what that child went through that night.
Are these "prior problems" on record?
Are you kidding me? Equally to blame? Yes, we all know when someone is going to punch us in the face and when and where that will happen. Let me guess, the child is equally to blame too just for being there that night?

Don't mock me by putting prior problems in quotes. You are free to believe what you want and from who you want.
not perfect

Cambridge, MA

#29 Feb 18, 2011
Dear Paul Revere, domestic abusers do NOT deserve a second chance. No matter what. There is never a good reason to hit, especially in front of her child or anyone's child for that matter.
Paul Revere

New York, NY

#30 Feb 18, 2011
not perfect wrote:
Dear Paul Revere, domestic abusers do NOT deserve a second chance. No matter what. There is never a good reason to hit, especially in front of her child or anyone's child for that matter.
I don't condone what happened, it's a terrible thing and agree with you, there is never a reason to hit another person, clearly he lost control of his emotions. If I was that girl obviously the relationship wouldn't deserve a second chance.

People make mistakes, every single one of us. There are people who learn from their mistakes and even if or when they learn that hard lesson, they have to live with the stigma and continue to be judged by others. This man is going to learn a very hard lesson if he loses his job. If he learns from his mistakes and lives a decent life, I simply feel as though he deserves a second chance in the court of public opinion.
Too bad

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Feb 18, 2011
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you get your eyes checked!!! Not only is this guy a dirtbag for hitting a woman, he is also uglier "than all get out". I think someone DOES need to knock you down, and hopefully knock some sense into that sick mind of yours.
If I were only that lucky to find someone that cares for me enough to knock me to the floor when I needed it. It says in the bible that MAN has dominion over this earth, not woman. He wouldn't hit if he wasn't given reason to. I think it is an abomination that the police get involved in something that is between MAN and what is his.
LISA

Lakeville, CT

#32 Feb 18, 2011
Too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were only that lucky to find someone that cares for me enough to knock me to the floor when I needed it. It says in the bible that MAN has dominion over this earth, not woman. He wouldn't hit if he wasn't given reason to. I think it is an abomination that the police get involved in something that is between MAN and what is his.
When did UCS give you internet?
LSU

Omaha, NE

#33 Feb 18, 2011
progressive wrote:
Kudos to the cops who didn't let this woman's story slide and were able to (eventually) get this man into court. They did the right thing by talking to the child's dad, as well.
I hope this woman comes to her senses and lets this guy go. There isn't anything she could possibly possess that makes suffering a broken nose worth keeping. If her child is in any way a priority, she'll take that little one out of that situation *now*, before it does any further damage.
Hey beautiful, how have you been?
done time in vermont

Queensbury, NY

#34 Feb 18, 2011
hey, the guy couldve shot her with his service revolver. He showed great restraint just by smackin her. She prolly deserved it. He should get charges dropped
I know the truth

Cortland, NY

#35 Feb 18, 2011
number 1 the women fell down how would her nose be runny if it all ready bleed. 2 newton was locked out of his own house. and 3 he dicided 2 walk because he didnt want to deal with drama!!! how old is this child 4 the 4 year old will hardly know any of this stuff that happened and how did it get the phone if the women was watching the child she could of had the phone right in front of the women and the women should of answered the phone because it might of been something about newton if she cared!! this is the truth believe or not!!!!
I know the truth

Cortland, NY

#36 Feb 18, 2011
whats the point he will get in even more troble if he shoot her and 2 he would be in jail for longer and BE guilty
Seriously

Brookline, MA

#37 Feb 18, 2011
I know the truth wrote:
whats the point he will get in even more troble if he shoot her and 2 he would be in jail for longer and BE guilty
I am now a much dumber person for having read you comments. You quote in run on sentences with the worst grammar that I have ever seen. Grab a dictionary and a basic 3rd grade english text book prior to commenting again.
Rick

Australia

#38 Feb 18, 2011
Sounds to me like newton was out of control and allegedly bashed his girl, and if impaired,(alcohol eventually bites), drove drunk. To his credit, he allegedly realized his dui driving and drove back.

Since when is a MERE "swollen, disfigured, and bleeding" a misdemeanor domestic assault? I wonder If I did my wife up like that intoxicated, if I'd be charged with a misdemeanor?

Shaftsbury Barracke is well known for a fer bad apples commiting assults on its prisoners. What ever happened to a 4 year rotation so as not to get too comfortable with fellow Troopers and the natives?

The girl newton allegedly assulted, must have been fearful for her life to dial 911 on one of Vermonts good odl boys. She must be absoluely terrified now.
Lets put the alleged woman victum first.

Saltonstall's firm is known for NOT suing Troopers, so it's only appropriate for him to be newtons attorney. At most, newton will get a slap on the wrist and be reistated, but for now, for the safety of us all, he is not armed.

i commend the detectives for not sweeping this one. There are some mighty fine Troopers out there, but its on the job criminals tarnish Vermonts finest.
dumbest

Bennington, VT

#39 Feb 18, 2011
done time in vermont wrote:
hey, the guy couldve shot her with his service revolver. He showed great restraint just by smackin her. She prolly deserved it. He should get charges dropped
Revolver? Since when did any police agency start carrying those again? Oh, that's right, since you became a complete moron! Seems you're in good company with the rest of the drooling idiots on this forum.
OMG

Bennington, VT

#40 Feb 18, 2011
You people are stupid!!! It's the whole wife and girlfriend swap that got this ball rolling... and Newtons womans ex husband who hates Newton for taking his girl is the one who started this whole mess...he prolly coached the 4 year old cause he is mad at timmy... course timmy hates him cause this guy had a kid with Newtons ex wife... again wife swapping law enforcement non sense that goes on around here... oh and they were all at a certain SGT of the Bennington PD getting drunk at the superbowl and then drove home....justice is blind isn't it!!
WOW

Brattleboro, VT

#41 Feb 19, 2011
WOW It sound like a bunch of news bull shit to me Let the state trooper go he work hard to get to where he is now lets see you try to be a trooper and see how you feel.
Ithaca, NY

#43 Feb 19, 2011
OMG wrote:
You people are stupid!!! It's the whole wife and girlfriend swap that got this ball rolling... and Newtons womans ex husband who hates Newton for taking his girl is the one who started this whole mess...he prolly coached the 4 year old cause he is mad at timmy... course timmy hates him cause this guy had a kid with Newtons ex wife... again wife swapping law enforcement non sense that goes on around here... oh and they were all at a certain SGT of the Bennington PD getting drunk at the superbowl and then drove home....justice is blind isn't it!!
Hold up a minute lets get a few things straight. That girl chased Trooper Newton for 4 months and had sex with him in his wifes van that she transported her children in, on the night of his daughters birthday. He left his wife of 10 years and his three children for her. There was no swapping. She bragged at her job and to other people she was screwing Trooper Newton. Talk about class. There was no wife swapping. It was just two people meeting after a horrible ordeal and comforting one another at a horrible time. If a child came from that, I don't see how thats any bodies business. Some how all the children in this horrible mess are the ones getting screwed. The three children of Newtons who he never sees, the child living with them, and a child who is to young to even know theres an issue. thank God for that. You can't be pissed at someone who is looking out for the welfare of their child or start throwing shit out there that you have no idea the situation of everyone involved.

“We've got some hoon trouble”

Since: Jan 11

Humpty Doo

#44 Feb 19, 2011
God bless payton place.

What a flocking spectacle.
Whoa there

Newfane, VT

#45 Feb 20, 2011
Not Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said - he has had prior problems. He does not deserve a second chance. Did she deserve to be punched in the face? Did her child deserve to witness her mother get hurt?
Once again, for you "Not Shocked".........

The mother is responsible for that child. She makes the choice of who she hangs with. She is, at least, equally to blame for what that child went through that night.

Are these "prior problems" on record?

There is nothing that I printed above that is NOT true. And all I am asking you, because you chose to make the statement public, are there any of your so called "prior problems" on public record? Can/will you answer that or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaftsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help Wanted-Sistums Enjunear (Jan '14) 6 hr Kee Wess Bears 68
Frustrated (Nov '13) 9 hr hillbilly stumpwater 72
Vt. couple charged in child sex assault 9 hr hillbilly stumpwater 3
Blast from the past (Jul '13) 20 hr uaw markey masshole 3
What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) 21 hr BufurdTPuszey 308
Who is this new poster Mark Santelli? (Nov '10) Sat another markey fan 14
black precker Sat The real Elmer 18
Shaftsbury Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web