Letters: Volunteering to serve

Letters: Volunteering to serve

There are 2 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Jan 28, 2011, titled Letters: Volunteering to serve. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

In reading the Banner this week, I noticed that one of the Arlington School District Board seats would be vacant as no candidate has stepped forward to serve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Vter

Canaan, CT

#1 Jan 29, 2011
Preaching to the choir here, Jane. Ludicrous amount of cash and lives go into feeding the military industries with little/no positive results to show for it, the only ones who win are the owners/stockholders of said industries as well as their lap dogs in gov't and hangers-on.
We would have an easier and more productive "war" handing out free cell phones and laptops, bringing in McDs, Pizza Huts, Subways, Dunkin' Ds, etc., and just generally turning them on to the deliciousness of western "decadence" and consumerism.
Rings Ghost

Montpelier, VT

#2 Jan 29, 2011
Jane - How do you feel about abortion? You know the 50+ million innocents killed. Yeah, I thought so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaftsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bennington woman accused of aiding armed robber... 1 hr Bennvill moron 4
Elmer Fudd Mon Elmer 32
Poll What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) Apr 30 Dr Howard 321
News N.Y. woman suing Shaftsbury dentist (Aug '10) Jan '16 kiel duh cumspunj 41
News Authorities arrest Vermont woman who allegedly ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elmer_J_Fudd 2
News Facebook posts result in jail time over conditions (Feb '11) Aug '15 SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 38
News Hells Angels' local presence concerns cops (Feb '08) May '15 bugsy 95
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaftsbury Mortgages