Letters: Vote for Hap in Pownal

Letters: Vote for Hap in Pownal

There are 29 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 20, 2011, titled Letters: Vote for Hap in Pownal. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

This is a letter to introduce you to Harry "Hap" Percey -- but realizing he needs no introduction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pownal Voter

Williamstown, MA

#21 Feb 22, 2011
Truthful??? You might want to think about changing your screen name. Or you might want to think about running a cleaner campaign. The Treasurer isn't going to stand a chance at winning if the real "TRUTH" prevails.
Resident

Grand Isle, VT

#22 Feb 22, 2011
truthful wrote:
believe it or not money used to be held until checks cleared. again check your facts as it was the current del tax collector who insisted on payment immediately with her friends backing her up.......
good luck ellen. glad to see you you are running a clean election. do not lower yourself to others standards.....?????
Southern VT

Grand Isle, VT

#23 Feb 22, 2011
truthful wrote:
believe it or not money used to be held until checks cleared. again check your facts as it was the current del tax collector who insisted on payment immediately with her friends backing her up.......
ah what a tangled web we weave..........
harvey carter

Saint Albans, VT

#24 Feb 22, 2011
JKing wrote:
Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER is speechless once again!
When you say "what is best for Pownal" what exactly do you mean HARVEY CARTER?
If everyone listed to you and did what you said would that be what is best for Pownal HARVEY CARTER?
Do you have all the answers HARVEY CARTER?
Do you know what is best for Pownal HARVEY CARTER?
Why are you not running for office HARVEY CARTER?
Why don't you answer the hard questions Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER??????????
Because you don't know or haven't been told the answers yet?
Not speechless,just had to go to work, try it some time. You have mastered the spelling of my name,so feel free to write me in for whatever office you please.
JKing

Bennington, VT

#25 Feb 22, 2011
Well you're back now so why so quiet?

Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER again you amaze me with your vast knowledge of nothing. Have you ever heard of investment, retirement and independent wealth? Is it possible that some people place in one, another or all of those categories? Some people have done their time or don't need to work a day in their life. Just because you do doesn't mean that everyone has to. Your jealousy is showing.

A surprise win by anyone other than you by write in vote wouldn't actually be a surprise in this case. It happened not too long ago in Bennington and won't soon be forgotten.
harvey carter

Saint Albans, VT

#26 Feb 22, 2011
JKing wrote:
Well you're back now so why so quiet?
Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER again you amaze me with your vast knowledge of nothing. Have you ever heard of investment, retirement and independent wealth? Is it possible that some people place in one, another or all of those categories? Some people have done their time or don't need to work a day in their life. Just because you do doesn't mean that everyone has to. Your jealousy is showing.
A surprise win by anyone other than you by write in vote wouldn't actually be a surprise in this case. It happened not too long ago in Bennington and won't soon be forgotten.
I nave no idea what you are trying to say here that has to do with either the tax collector or selectman race. You seem angry,are you O.K?
JKing

Bennington, VT

#27 Feb 22, 2011
Speaking of having no idea what you are trying to say here there you go assuming again Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER. Did you read all the letters and all the comments? They are about a whole lot more than just the tax collector or selectman race. Yep.

“We've got some hoon trouble”

Since: Jan 11

Humpty Doo

#28 Feb 22, 2011
JKing wrote:
Speaking of having no idea what you are trying to say here there you go assuming again Mr. "know it all" HARVEY CARTER. Did you read all the letters and all the comments? They are about a whole lot more than just the tax collector or selectman race. Yep.
Marky,

Once again, a plea to double up on the meds. Your frothing at the mouth is disquieting.
ellen pownal vt

Bennington, VT

#29 Feb 23, 2011
thank you all for your support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaftsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) 10 hr BufurdTPuszey 276
News Former NSK Steering Systems America plant manag... Jun 26 Markey Fife Pissant 2
News OneCare launching care coordination software in... Jun 24 Dr Pendyke 2
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun 23 internet troll 1
News Thurway traffic stop leads to drug charges Upda... Jun 23 internet troll 1
News 3 people rescued after boat capsizes on Lake Ch... Jun 23 markey fife 6
News Transfer station redesign could be included in ... May '16 markey fife 2

Shaftsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaftsbury Mortgages