Man charged with fifth DUI

Man charged with fifth DUI

There are 16 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 7, 2011, titled Man charged with fifth DUI. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

State Police on Monday arrested and charged a Pownal man with felony DUI after he allegedly backed a friend's pickup into a vehicle driven by a Bennington woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Bennington

Bangor, ME

#1 Feb 7, 2011
Here we go again, for those who don't want him locked up I only hope it's your car or family he hits next. Enough with the line "we don't understand what he is going thru" or "it is an illness" DUI 4 times now #5 what happened to 3 Felony strikes your out ? I know all his beer buddys and friends will yell Police State, then again I say I hope he ONLY hits Your car or family, I fed up with Drunk drivers, and Yes I had a family member killed by a drunk driver who had 4 priors and his friends and family all said it was just 1 time, then 2 times, then 3 times and for all of us not to judge him then comes #4 and Death, what is this guys # HMMM ?
85 in palm beach

Miami, FL

#2 Feb 8, 2011
one more and he will have a shrimp cocktail

“We've got some hoon trouble”

Since: Jan 11

Humpty Doo

#3 Feb 8, 2011
.254 at 11:30 in the morning?

Christina Aquilara wasn't even that drunk.
bennington

Bangor, ME

#4 Feb 8, 2011
I know we should give him a break again, again, again, again & again (did I say again to many times, nope it's 5)because it's not like he was drinking while driving it's he was already drunk and driving and someone will say he was just stopping in the buy coffee to sober up and besides he hasn't HIT a body yet oh wait in this town it's OK just look at the number of people who get away with it
xrayman

Bennington, VT

#5 Feb 8, 2011
.254 at 11:00A.M.! that is some big drinking! Get help before you kill someone!
Vermont Transplant

Bennington, VT

#6 Feb 8, 2011
The only way you are going to get him to stop is to keep him locked up. I think if you get 3 DWI's ou should never be allowed to legally drive again. Counseling is mandatory to get your license back and apparently if after 3 times (4 in this guys case) they will not and do not get it. Any counselor who said Mr Harrington has his alcohol issue under control should also be reevaluated,apparently their judgement should be questioned too. Most people would be passed out with an alcohol level that high.
Get Serious Here

Brewster, MA

#7 Feb 8, 2011
This legal system needs to give harsh penaltys to First time offenders, Never mind someone who has done this 4 times before! What is wroung with Vermont? The local reps need to get sticter laws inplace for drunk drivers! Innocent people are getting killed! Whats it gonna take? One of your family members being killed by a drunk driver? The judges need to get with it too!!! Send a message to drunk drivers in Bennington county! Drink and drive and go directly to jail you first time offenders!!! We have to protect innocent family and friends!!These drunk driver dont Care, dont u get it Judges?? Give the maximum sentence!!
Get Serious Here

Brewster, MA

#8 Feb 8, 2011
Bennington wrote:
Here we go again, for those who don't want him locked up I only hope it's your car or family he hits next. Enough with the line "we don't understand what he is going thru" or "it is an illness" DUI 4 times now #5 what happened to 3 Felony strikes your out ? I know all his beer buddys and friends will yell Police State, then again I say I hope he ONLY hits Your car or family, I fed up with Drunk drivers, and Yes I had a family member killed by a drunk driver who had 4 priors and his friends and family all said it was just 1 time, then 2 times, then 3 times and for all of us not to judge him then comes #4 and Death, what is this guys # HMMM ?
My child was killed by a drunk driver in Bennington! Someone needs to do something this is rediculous!
Get Serious Here

Brewster, MA

#9 Feb 8, 2011
Vermont Transplant wrote:
The only way you are going to get him to stop is to keep him locked up. I think if you get 3 DWI's ou should never be allowed to legally drive again. Counseling is mandatory to get your license back and apparently if after 3 times (4 in this guys case) they will not and do not get it. Any counselor who said Mr Harrington has his alcohol issue under control should also be reevaluated,apparently their judgement should be questioned too. Most people would be passed out with an alcohol level that high.
Thats right he is not gonna stop nor is any other drunk. Lock them up!!!
come on

Montpelier, VT

#10 Feb 8, 2011
Guys like this NEVER stop. He should serve out his entire sentence in jail. No furlough, no work camp (because he'd get one day's credit for every day served), just straight time, at least 10 years.
Vermont Transplant

Bennington, VT

#11 Feb 8, 2011
Get Serious Here wrote:
<quoted text> My child was killed by a drunk driver in Bennington! Someone needs to do something this is ridiculous!
I know your pain my friend was killed by a drunk driver while she was leaving a club on her 21st birthday with a group of friends one being a designated sober driver. It was his 8th offense and he drove up on the sidewalk killing her instantly. His drivers license was under suspension for his 7th DWI.
GDog

Miami, FL

#12 Feb 8, 2011
Give the guy a job delivering the Banner. Thread delete in 3...2...1...

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#13 Feb 8, 2011
Milty, only .254,you're slacking. It must be noon somewhere.
xrayman

Bennington, VT

#14 Feb 8, 2011
The Banner ...is it still in paper form?

Since: Aug 09

Canaan, CT

#15 Feb 8, 2011
I say we go to the scarlet letter system all these drunks with DUI, dwi, etc with a suspended license should be somehow marked and anyone caught selling alcohol to or buying it for the marked drunk gets their license pulled too. If they can't get it they can't drink it.
GMB

South Royalton, VT

#16 Feb 8, 2011
Lol, nothing will happen and he will be driving tomorrow you fools...what kind of a show do you think this is?..we don't care if he kills 50 million people ..he has rights huh judge dumbazz...i say put the godam judge in jail. or get that judge off the seat now. the judge is the problem people, noone else it is the judges fault he walks and drives the streets, the judge does not care if people in town get struck and killed by this man or any other drunk driver, the judge is probably a drunk himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaftsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drugs and a large weapons cache seized Jul 17 wut thuh fark 2
News 6 involved in Bennington head-on collision Jul 17 markey fife 4
News Block party on Bennington's Pleasant Street aim... Jul 16 Comrade Sanders 5
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) Jul 1 BufurdTPuszey 273
News Transfer station redesign could be included in ... May '16 markey fife 2
News N.Y. woman suing Shaftsbury dentist (Aug '10) Jan '16 Elmer Fudd 40
News Authorities arrest Vermont woman who allegedly ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elmer_J_Fudd 2

Shaftsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaftsbury Mortgages