Letters: Increasing lawlessness; a la...

Letters: Increasing lawlessness; a landlord's view

There are 2 comments on the The Bennington Banner story from Jul 26, 2012, titled Letters: Increasing lawlessness; a landlord's view. In it, The Bennington Banner reports that:

Lately, families in our country have suffered immense suffering and tragedy as a consequence of shooting and rampage in Colorado, Virginia and elsewhere.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Bennington Banner.

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

#1 Jul 28, 2012
"As so often happens, the media will report the truth -- but not "the whole truth and nothing but the truth," as the saying goes.

Fair is fair Mr Alderman...
You fail to mention that you are not completely out the $16,725
you spent for repairs, and in fact I would be willing to bet
that at tax time this figure would be reduced to 20% of your cost
of repairs.....

For starters you can deduct up to $25,000 a year for rental losses
if these units were vacant during your "Spruce Up" but were still being marketed, 100% of the cost of all repairs made to include paying the contractor, 55.5 cents per mile for your travel and standard property depreciation just to name a few.....

You have increased your rental fee to give you an additional $3480 per year to recoup your immediate losses over a 3 1/2, 6 year respectively is a true fallacy at best wouldn't you say Mr Alderman??????

I also find it hysterical that in this day and age, that you are including "HEAT" as part of the rent.... I'm going to assume we're talking fuel oil, a commodity from hell, which you give free rain to the tenants to control, BAD MOVE Skippy..... If you want GOOD tenants, you have them pay fuel and electric.... It also uses the utility companies as your credit check on future tenants... If the utility company turns them down it's an automatic flag for you to do the same..... But like the rest of Bennville, you're probably behind the times and this duplex is wired with one service meter and one furnace to heat both sides, correct????

Don't forget to deduct the cost of that 8 mill plastic you use as storm windows during the winter....

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

#3 Jul 28, 2012
"I live on the Batten Kill river and have witnessed trashing of the river, blockage of roads and bridges, terrible profanity, underage drinking, public urination and nudity, and deliberate intent to cause serious injury."

Not to worry granny, I only visit Vermont a few times a year.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaftsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brothers charged in connection with $32,000 bur... 12 hr markey da mill rat 2
News Bennington launches marketing campaign Thu SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 2
News Bennington man accused of selling heroin to pol... Thu SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 1
Poll What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) Thu SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 315
Mariko da Ditz Thu Western man chaps 17
News Facebook posts result in jail time over conditions (Feb '11) Aug 20 SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 38
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) Aug 19 markey da masshole 249
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shaftsbury Mortgages