Teen pleads not guilty to sending text threats

Full story: Bennington Banner

A Shaftsbury teenager was charged Monday in Bennington Superior Court with sending threatening messages to another over her cell phone.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
NotResponsible

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

This girl has had altercation after altercation with other girls over the years. Too many to count. If she skates from this one too, the behavior will just continue into her adulthood. She has yet to learn to change her behavior.
ald

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

too many to count? there was two. You must have issues if you cant count that high!
NotResponsible

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

There were many more than two. Drama & threats are a regular behavior for her.
just sayin

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

NotResponsible wrote:
There were many more than two. Drama & threats are a regular behavior for her.
Do you know brittany? the alledged victim in this situation has told brittany her scars on her cheast from her heart surgery were ugly and other things along that line. I bet you think thats good behavior as well?

should this even be in the banner considering brittanys only 17?
give me a break

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

I think it is time Brittany and people around her stop using her heart condition as an excuse for whatever her behavior is at any given time...
As far as her being 17 and it being publicized...yes it should kids today are particularity mean today because it is so easy to threaten and bully people through all of the electronic devices they have, much easier than face to face...however, in this particular case I don't think it would bother her as she seems to think she is entitled to do as she wishes; ie: refusing to be fingerprinted and photographed....really....you do as you're told little girl.
GMB

Rochester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Anger solves nothing, you would actually beat someone? until they had to spend the rest of their life in a bed?...that is just wrong, if you feel that way, you should just kill yourself now, so you don't end up killing someone else because of your own inner hatred.

all you teens are so lost, it's quite pathetic addicted to pills, havin' kids for welfare money that you pawn off to granm, and she's the mother that made you like you are tday!, watching HER run rampant with men, alcohol and pills...so you do the same?...showing us your stupid forearm scars where you SAY you tried to commit suicide, and they're not even on the inner forearm lol, my Azs, those are simple, pathetic self inflictions for any attention you can muster <--look it up

People in this town can't even do something wrong right, you cannot commit suicide on the top of your forearm!, and I'm certainly not going to tell you HOW to. so showing people scars on your top forearm, is just showing your ignorance of anatomy. Try to grow up soon plz, we are running out of good people.

REMEMBER! people no texting while driving k?
settle it now

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

There's only one way to settle it. Just like we did in the old days. Get these two sweat hogs up at willow park after school today and let em go ! This is all facebook banter by a cowerd sweathog.
NotResponsible

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

I know her quite well. She always has an excuse as to why she is threatening and intimidating, and someone making fun of your scars hardly rises to the level of repeated threatening.
Until she starts having to be responsible for her behavior - and the school has repeatedly let her off with little or no consequences, even when she attacked another student by leaping in the car window after her - she will continue to be a violent bully.
At 17, you are considered an "adult" in the eyes of the law, especially when you're behavior puts others at risk.
Then again, her uncle at 43 is still putting us all in danger with his behavior.
karmas a biotch

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

I have one thing to say Ms. Brittany..... like mother , like daughter, the apple didn't fall far from this tree...... Congratulations. Someone will take care of this themselves...And brittany will run with her tail between her legs.
karmas a biotch

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

BTW how can she plead not guilty ? Isn't the phone texts the proof.... just saying.
nana says

Pelham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

She should be taken out of the home. Put in a girls state run home to live with others just like she is. Problem solved.
Vermont Transplant

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Apparently that whole family is troubled. Not too long ago her brother who has a different last name was continously in court for burglary. If these kids are made to pay for their crimes early enough maybe they will not still be in the system at 30. There is always someone out there who is bigger than you. She has just not met her match yet. It is a question on when not if.

“Congrats to Green Bay”

Since: Jun 08

Pittsburgh, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

This is to comical for words... If this were the
case back in the 60's, 80% of Bennington would have
been behind bars.... "Mommy, somebody called me
stupid"!!! "I'm calling the police"!!!!
LMAO

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

It wasnt burglary you stupid phuck and it wasnt continously it was one case. It was a p land tresspassing misdemeanor. You all are ignorrant children. Im sure all of you stupid fuggers that feel the need to make uneccessary coments are all perfect! am i right? get your facts straight or shut your hole.
silly girl 45

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

sounds like this girl has some issues. And her father should be concerned with them. Especially, if he wants her to have some sort of a normal life. That behaviour is not normal.
Wait one minute

Cropseyville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

OMG! There are always 2 sides to a story people! Let's not convict her until we here her side. Hopefully the Banner will give her equal time once the case is in court because it is certainly painting a one-sided picture!
ald

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

She never used her heart condition as an excuse for anything. And she's not the coward who runs her mouth over Facebook and texting. It was ms. Hoyt. She antagonized this girl to pure insanity. tHe reason why you get a one sided picture is because you haven't seen what ms. Hoyt was saying to her. Let the judge do his job and the rest of you keep your comments to yourself

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Wait one minute wrote:
OMG! There are always 2 sides to a story people! Let's not convict her until we here her side. Hopefully the Banner will give her equal time once the case is in court because it is certainly painting a one-sided picture!
That is the Banner way.
just sayin

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

NotResponsible wrote:
I know her quite well. She always has an excuse as to why she is threatening and intimidating, and someone making fun of your scars hardly rises to the level of repeated threatening.
Until she starts having to be responsible for her behavior - and the school has repeatedly let her off with little or no consequences, even when she attacked another student by leaping in the car window after her - she will continue to be a violent bully.
At 17, you are considered an "adult" in the eyes of the law, especially when you're behavior puts others at risk.
Then again, her uncle at 43 is still putting us all in danger with his behavior.
If you knew her quite well youd know this is THE SAME girl she went after through the window, and that girl lindsay hoyt keeps it going.
damn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

One things a fact if parents did their job and government kept their fingers out of it and the A-hole that calls srs to say (I saw the child get beat). When the child got spanked for acting up in the store. The kids would not be like this !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Shaftsbury Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Shaftsbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance