Schwarzenegger vetoes farmworker overtime bill

Full story: SF Gate

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed a bill Wednesday that would have given California farmworkers overtime pay after working 40 hours in a week, the same as other non-management employees who earn time-and-a-half after an eight-hour day or 40-hour week.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2010
Amberdru

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 28, 2010
What a dick move.

If anything physically hard work should be given time-and-a-half before office work.

We shouldn't be allowed to have lower/lesser standards of pay and safety for people who do jobs on the lowest end of the pay scale.

Jobs where you can not leave and are on call at any minute- in home health care- are not required to pay over time even though you can not leave!

From Numbersusa.com

Jenks blasted the morality of allowing American businesses to pay workers so little that only people who cannot work legally would accept such jobs.

“It’s offensive because that says ‘It’s okay to build our nation on a servant class,’” she said.“There is no morality in that.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shafter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone wanna hookup? 1 hr cowboy twinkie 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr lechezz 4,998
are las alterdas from sinaloa, or they wanna bees? 4 hr crzy one 3
Cute Autozone guy (Jan '14) 4 hr lil star 19
Where Can I Find The Bob Marley Drinks? 4 hr Commander Bunny 10
Veronica Berumen 5 hr family 14
Terrence K 5 hr TERRENCE K 10
•••
•••
Shafter Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shafter Jobs